Recognizing ethnicity by the nose.

Paulo Henrique Amorim and Ana Hickmann. Nice picture. I'm a fan of both. I was very shaken by Amorim's death.

PS: OMG. Paulo Henrique Amorim looks like a dwarf close to Ana Hickman. I went to check your bio. She has 1.86m of high, the same high of my older brother. I have 1.82m. When I was a child, my father took pictures with me and my two brothers at city ​​park Rennè Giannetti, in Belo Horizonte’s downtown, and he puts us on a staircase formation. My older brother always on the left, my younger brother on center and I totally right, because I am the shortest of the three. I don't show the pictures because I'm always crying or embarrassed. I hated that. Even I would be very low beside Hickmann, mainly because she is wearing this high heel. LOL
Ana was famous by her very long legs. :)

I'm the youngest in family. I'm taller than my sis and my eldest bro. The other two are taller than me. One of them is 10 cm taller. I'm stll the strongest though. At least. Lol

Ana was famous by her very long legs. :)
I'm the youngest in family. I'm taller than my sis and my eldest bro. The other two are taller than me. One of them is 10 cm taller. I'm stll the strongest though. At least. Lol

Cool, Regio. We were four brothers. My sister was the youngest. Five years younger than me. She died of colorectal cancer, the same disease that victimized my father's sister and also my paternal grandmother. Fate of the women of the Duarte family. That was a few years ago. My mother was never the same after my sister's death. She was 1.79m tall. She inherited my mother's nose. Snub nose, as they say in Minas Gerais. Her nose was not ugly like mine.

I don't care much about that problem of stature anymore. My nephew, son of my older brother, has 1.92 m of height. He's my godson. The godmother is my first cousin. My older brother's ex-wife, the boy's mother, is the daughter of a German (already deceased), ancient minister of Lutheran Church on the City of Vespasiano, next BH. My brother and my nephews are all Protestants and voted for the current President of Brazil. I do not die of this sin. You can already imagine the fights I had in the family because of that. lol lol ;)

Cheers dear fellow. (y)

Cool, Regio. We were four brothers. My sister was the youngest. Five years younger than me. She died of colorectal cancer, the same disease that victimized my father's sister and also my paternal grandmother. Fate of the women of the Duarte family. That was a few years ago. My mother was never the same after my sister's death. She was 1.79m tall. She inherited my mother's nose. Snub nose, as they say in Minas Gerais. Her nose was not ugly like mine.
I don't care much about that problem of stature anymore. My nephew, son of my older brother, has 1.92 m of height. He's my godson. The godmother is my first cousin. My older brother's ex-wife, the boy's mother, is the daughter of a German (already deceased), ancient minister of Lutheran Church on the City of Vespasiano, next BH. My brother and my nephews are all Protestants and voted for the current President of Brazil. I do not die of this sin. You can already imagine the fights I had in the family because of that. lol lol ;)
Cheers dear fellow. (y)
Wow! I'm very sorry for your lost, Duarte. My paternal grandmother died from the same disease. I've never met her. :( My father already had to extract benign polyps. So far, all under control, thankfully, but we must be careful, right?
We're five siblings, and I'm also five years younger than the fourth. Another coincidence is that my sis is 1.79 m tall too (or 1.8 m; don't know exactly), and she also has a nice nose. I posted pictures of her, but I've already deleted them. :)
My nephews and nieces are tall as well. It seems the new generation is even taller than our on average, yes? No nephew is taller than my tallest bro though, who is 1.95 m.

As for the president, lol, what can I say? Will send you a PM about it, since it's too offtopic. :)

Cheers, my friend.

Paulo Henrique Amorim and Ana Hickmann. Nice picture. I'm a fan of both. I was very shaken by Amorim's death.

PS: OMG. Paulo Henrique Amorim looks like a dwarf close to Ana Hickman. I went to check your bio. She has 1.86m of high, the same high of my older brother. I have 1.82m. When I was a child, my father took pictures with me and my two brothers at city ​​park Rennè Giannetti, in Belo Horizonte’s downtown, and he puts us on a staircase formation. My older brother always on the left, my younger brother on center and I totally right, because I am the shortest of the three. I don't show the pictures because I'm always crying or embarrassed. I hated that. Even I would be very low beside Hickmann, mainly because she is wearing this high heel. LOL

My father was born in BH and my mother in Chapeco SC. I'm 1.83 cm. Ana Hickman is really huge.

My father was born in BH and my mother in Chapeco SC. I'm 1.83 cm. Ana Hickman is really huge.

Hi Ack, Good Evening.
Yes. Ana has a high stature, considering that the average height of women is lower than that of men. She is, without a doubt, a very beautiful woman.
Cheers :)

Did she? I don't doubt, but I'd like to see it, since I thought she was German in ancestry, given the area where she comes from and the data available on internet. If she is also Iberian, then she is. No problem. But that would be news for me.
As for the study you posted, hmm, again: it includes the city of Pelotas only, not South Brazil as a whole, neither the state of Rio Grande do Sul entirely. And no, it's not almost impossible for someone in S. Brazil not to have Iberian descent (no offense, but this statement is not correct). This is not good nor bad. It is what it is. I'm from RS, btw, and I don't. I also know one or two things about the place where I was born. :) I naturally knew many, many people in there who don't have Iberian descent either. It depends on the area, of course. There're virtually whole cities in which people have almost only N. Italian ancestry, German, a mix of these two... And where people actually still speak the related dialects. Indeed, I dated a girl from another city who had only Germans in her tree (to provide one example), not to mention full N. Italians dates (not my choice; they were just frequent). The German one is 2nd great-granddaughter of Germans, or something; amazingly, her family still spoke Hunsrückisch (also Portuguese, obviously), after so many generations.
Now, am I saying that most of "gaúchos" has no Iberian ancestry? No, I'm not. Not sure about SC, but most of gaúchos must have also Iberian ancestry, yes. It's a big state. What I'm saying is that many don't, and the frequency will depend on the area we're talking about: the highest ones are in big part of Serra Gaúcha, certain cities of Vale dos Sinos, Vale do Taquari, Vale do Rio Pardo (Ana Hickman's area), parts of Planalto Médio or north of the state as a whole... In SC, all state with exception of Campos de Cima and the coast.
So, what I'm saying is that it's not almost impossible to find them. Far from that. Perhaps it's true for Southeast region? Possibly with exception of parts of ES...
Anyway, these "Europeans" areas are actually the source of that "Southern" stereotype of light people. A stereotype that doesn't make sense for big part of the South, obviously.

The entire coast of Brazil - including the south - was colonized by Iberians. Places where Brazilians speak German or Italian are extreme exceptions. Overwhelming majority of the Brazilian population - including the south has a great Iberian, African and native mix. There are studies on this - many more than the ones I posted. It's easy to find them on google. Can there be Brazilians whose ancestry can be traced to only one country? Yes, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely most of the time - probably less than 1% of the population.

probably less than 1% of the population.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

The entire coast of Brazil - including the south - was colonized by Iberians. Places where Brazilians speak German or Italian are extreme exceptions. Overwhelming majority of the Brazilian population - including the south has a great Iberian, African and native mix. There are studies on this - many more than the ones I posted. It's easy to find them on google. Can there be Brazilians whose ancestry can be traced to only one country? Yes, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely most of the time - probably less than 1% of the population.

probably less than 1% of the population.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

Yeah, well, we were discussing the South more particularly, and, as I said, important subregional differences can be noticed in this region, like in many other parts of Brazil, as Ygorcs suggested in a different thread (referring to Northeast specifically).
That said, certainly most of Brazilians, by far, have also Iberian ancestry (in general associated to some NA and SSA, as you said). Considering Brazil as a whole, the % of people with no Iberian ancestry would drop even more, of course. It's hard to say how many they are precisely, anyway, that's another story. No need of Google (thanks for the tip anyway) to check the fact that Iberian ancestry is the main one in Brazil by a great amount, because:
- It's obvious, je je;
- I didn't say otherwise. (y)

As for the coast, yep, that's why I mentioned it as one of the exceptions for Santa Catarina, and that's why I haven't included it into that illustrative list of parts of Rio Grande do Sul where non-Iberian ancestry would be common.

By the way, sometimes you can even go from a North Italian city, where many people still speak Talian, to an Iberian, passing by a German, where many people still speak German, travelling just relatively few kilometers. Interesting feature. One example, among many others: Farroupilha (Italian) -> Nova Petrópolis (German) -> Canela, or São Francisco de Paula (Iberian). These places where many people know how to speak Talian or German and/or at least understand them at some degree are obviously exceptions in broad Brazilian context, but they may be not exactly exceptions in specific parts of the country (actually this is one of the reasons - associated to others - why some of them attract tourists).

Moderators, sorry for the off topic.

jBgAN5r.jpg

GRBHiVl.jpg

"Ghaal", Norwegian Black Metal singer of Gorgoroth.

I wonder if the nose is due to CHG via Yamnaya admixture.

That's a good bet. You see a lot of prominent noses in the Celtic fringe too.

That's a good bet. You see a lot of prominent noses in the Celtic fringe too.

Indeed, I recall seeing it a lot also in the busts of many French noblemen over at the Met Art Museum in NYC.

Indeed, I recall seeing it a lot also in the busts of many French noblemen over at the Met Art Museum in NYC.

In Liguria they call the French over the border "Nasoni". :)

Francois I
francois1er.jpg

The tip of his nose must have been constantly in his drinks. :) Maybe he started the saying: size of nose, size of...

Good King Henry IV of Navarre. This trait must be dominant. If it's in the line it keeps showing up.

HenriIV.jpg

Concave noses are more of a Northern European, and particularly Northeast European trait, I think, but it even shows up in Jews; picked up with Lithuanian/Polish/Russian admixture perhaps?

Bob Hope:
hope-bob-photo-signed-autograph-famous-profile-15.gif

There's a rhinoplasty procedure for every conceivable perceived nose "issue".

upturned-nose-charlotte-2.jpeg

Here is mine:

deAOFye.png

Reminds me a bit of this:

julius_caesar.jpg

Except I think this depiction is a bit idealized... looking at the angle of the dorsum, and the horizontal orientation of the nostril-tip line.

I have a generic good looking nose, lol ... it could be from anywhere in Italy!

I haven’t trimmed my eyebrows since my last haircut months ago, :)

7Nko0mh.png

This thread has been viewed 349130 times.

Back