Are my results normal for a swiss person ?

Unlockin

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I'm swiss, so are all my known ancestors. My results uptated after phasing with my mother and I wondered if they normal for a swiss person. I'd also be interested in knowing if you think I have ancestors from somewhere else than Switzerland when you look at my results. Of course, just ask if you need more informations :grin:

(My Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a and my MT-DNA is H10)

Conservative :

1.3% French & German

0.6% British and Irish

25.3% Broadly Northern European

0.8% Broadly Southern European

69.3% Broadly European

2.7% Unassigned

Standard :

9.9% French and German

2.6% British & Irish

40.7& Broadly Northern European

1.6% Italian

0.1% Balkan

5.1% Broadly Southern European

39.3% Broadly European

0.1% North African

<0.1% Broadly North African & Middle Eastern

Speculative :

40.9% French & German

13.7% British & Irish

21.4% Broadly Northern European

6.4% Italian

2.9% Iberian

0.6% Balkan

6.4% Broadly Southern European

0.5% Eastern European

7.0% Broadly European

0.2% North African

0.1% Unassigned

(sorry it's not very clean but I can't post pictures before 10 posts)

Thank you very much for your answers :)

I never seen a categorization like that before. It looks rather complicated and sometimes contradictory. I presume there are no surprises in your results and very much in line with what one would expect. Probably these are autosomal results which go back 5 generations back and beyond. You can join some groups (and have a go at gedmatch if its possible.) to check out if you match anyone so you will have a better indication weather you might have relatives that come from other countries. I just joined now but they have some problems at the moment so the raw data is till being analyized. Welcome to the forum.

You should upload your raw data to Gedmatch.com and run the admxiture tools there. It's free and more informative than 23andme, which is very unspecific.

Well thank you for your answers and for welcoming me to the forum :) I'll see if I have matches that can provide more informations. And I ran the gedmatch calculators but I don't really know how to interpret all the results

Hello everyone :)

I'm swiss, so are all my known ancestors. My results uptated after phasing with my mother and I wondered if they normal for a swiss person. I'd also be interested in knowing if you think I have ancestors from somewhere else than Switzerland when you look at my results. Of course, just ask if you need more informations :grin:

(My Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a and my MT-DNA is H10)

Conservative :

1.3% French & German

0.6% British and Irish

25.3% Broadly Northern European

0.8% Broadly Southern European

69.3% Broadly European

2.7% Unassigned

Standard :

9.9% French and German

2.6% British & Irish

40.7& Broadly Northern European

1.6% Italian

0.1% Balkan

5.1% Broadly Southern European

39.3% Broadly European

0.1% North African

<0.1% Broadly North African & Middle Eastern

Speculative :

40.9% French & German

13.7% British & Irish

21.4% Broadly Northern European

6.4% Italian

2.9% Iberian

0.6% Balkan

6.4% Broadly Southern European

0.5% Eastern European

7.0% Broadly European

0.2% North African

0.1% Unassigned

(sorry it's not very clean but I can't post pictures before 10 posts)

Thank you very much for your answers :)

From your results I think you are from the German speaking ethnics from Switzerland.
I guess you know the history of your country,that is called Confederatio Helvetica and Helveti were a Celtic tribe,so it seems were a lot of Celts in Switzerland and Germans came over and mixed.
So the results are very normal.

Well thank you for your answers and for welcoming me to the forum :) I'll see if I have matches that can provide more informations. And I ran the gedmatch calculators but I don't really know how to interpret all the results
Show us your results, i'm curious. Normally a Swiss person would be close to either French or Austrian/South German, depending on what kind of swiss. Are you german speaker ?

From your results I think you are from the German speaking ethnics from Switzerland.
I guess you know the history of your country,that is called Confederatio Helvetica and Helveti were a Celtic tribe,so it seems were a lot of Celts in Switzerland and Germans came over and mixed.
So the results are very normal.

Well, very well done ! I'm predominantely swiss-german !

Show us your results, i'm curious. Normally a Swiss person would be close to either French or Austrian/South German, depending on what kind of swiss. Are you german speaker ?

Yeah sure, what results from what calculators do you want me to show you ? :) And no I speak french because I was born in a french-speaking canton but I'm mostly swiss-german from origin

Despite my ancestors, I cluster with the French in the gedmatch single population sharing of nearly all calculators

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I found GEDmatch... that is about all I got done yesterday! Thanks guys!

Hello Unlockin, I am paternally descended from Amish immigrants who were Swiss Anabaptist in the Old Country... My last name, Yutzy, or Jutzi in German, is a typical Amish name... My family were German speaking until a couple generations ago. I am haplogroup subclade R1b1b2a1a2s* (on 23&me), so it seems we might be relatively closely related? PM me and I can share my email address and we can share 23&me results. Here are my speculative results for ancestry... If you would like to see others, or compare any from GEDmatch, just let me know. I am happy to upload!

99.8% European
Northwestern European
French & German 52.3%
British & Irish 16.4% (not from the Amish branch!)
Scandinavian 2.4%
Broadly Northwestern European 20.4%
Southern European
Iberian 1.5%
Italian 0.2% (so not a Roman U152!)
Broadly Southern European 2.9%
Eastern European 0.2% (GEDmatch tended to show a little more here...) I seemed to match the Hungarian archaic samples and Stuttgart the most, and the Russian specimens to a lesser degree.)
Broadly European 3.4%
Middle Eastern & North African 0.2%
North African 0.2%

I think your results are very typical of a Swiss or Central European person

This thread has been viewed 9366 times.

Back