New 2015 paper on the Indo-European languages by David Anthony and Don Ringe

I 'm too old; I answered two times to Goga repeating myself (but I gave some point to it this last time, I hope he will be pleased) -
if it's not the alcohol, perhaps it's the need of it?
it's true the interpretation of presence or absence of osme words and the question of their meanings transformations open the door to a broad spectrum of prejudicated affirmations! Let's have a good Sunday evening all of us!

If I remember right from his lecture, they rode horses but didn't have wagons yet, nor were skilled in horse riding and using bow at same time. Invasions were due to depopulation of farmers more than skillful bronze warriors. It was the time of first collapse of farming, global cooling or something, but things returned to normal after couple of centuries. I don't think there was much presence and cultural change due to first invasion. Who knows if they got as far as Anatolia. David Anthony might be stretching the significance of it.
Native Americans mastered the art of riding a horse while shooting a bow in about 100 years, likely less.

A collapse of farming happened in the Balkans when the steppe people arrived, it appears a similar thing happened in the Middle East. Climate change unfavorable for the Middle East didn't occur until 3000 BC which is when these horse tribes left the Middle East and Europe was invaded. R1a moved north bringing metal working technology? and R1b moved north from North Africa into Spain and the British Isles doing the same?

The Bible associated apocalyptic events with horsemen though no clear written records.

Native Americans mastered the art of riding a horse while shooting a bow in about 100 years, likely less.
How do you know it wasn't 300 years?

A collapse of farming happened in the Balkans when the steppe people arrived, it appears a similar thing happened in the Middle East. Climate change unfavorable for the Middle East didn't occur until 3000 BC which is when these horse tribes left the Middle East and Europe was invaded. R1a moved north bringing metal working technology? and R1b moved north from North Africa into Spain and the British Isles doing the same?
Nope, the farming collapsed first then invasions happen. Also metal working technology was known in Europe before invasions, which is attested by Cucuteni culture archaeology.

The Bible associated apocalyptic events with horsemen though no clear written records.
For that reason we should use bible as historical document.

This thread has been viewed 17604 times.

Back