What is the Meaning Behind Your Avatar?

A lot of people have pretty interesting avatars. Many of them are pieces of art, or something random.

Mine is a marble statue of Petrarch, made by an anonymous Italian sculptor in the 18th century. I chose it because he was an important figure in Italian history. Also because apparently, I have a common ancestor with him 65,000 years ago, on my maternal side.

Lzyo0OFm.jpg

What does your avatar mean, and why did you pick it?

I chose my avatar because I have always loved that painting. I first saw Girl with a Pearl Earring, by Johannes Vermeer when I was an art major. In later years, my dad sold framed reproductions and I still liked it. She seems to look into your soul, and at that young age, I did resemble her.

Jovialis, we already have a thread on this, so I'm going to combine them.

Jovialis, we already have a thread on this, so I'm going to combine them.

Sounds good. Sorry for that, I tried looking it up in the search, but I guess I missed it before I made this thread.

At any rate, what was your previous avatar?

My current avatar is a tribute to the D'Este sisters of the Renaissance, Isabella and Beatrice. Plus, I think the bust, which I read very recently is actually Isabella, rather looks like me. The Estes also ruled my area for a while, one of the better robber-baron Italian aristocratic families.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_d'Este

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_d'Este

The picture discussed above was of Oriana Fallaci...

Oriana_Fallaci_2.jpg

I think she went too far in some of her later opinions about Muslim immigration to Europe, but I do love the fact that in the middle of the interview with Khomeini she tore off the chador she had been forced to wear.

but I do love the fact that in the middle of the interview with Khomeini she tore off the chador she had been forced to wear.
Now that was epic and very symbolic, I like it.

Feminists should really conquer Saudi Arabia and Iran.

My avatar represents inattentiveness or AD(H)D which I've been blessed with.

It also means craziness. I'm a proud nutcase. Lol

What do you think of my new avatar ? I present to you uncle Shekelesh and his comrades :grin:

I like it :)
I was actually one of the Sea Peoples for Halloween.

Hahaha Which group did you portray ? it depends on the helmet.

I'd guess the Sherden.

Last edited:
IronSide, I saw the link and the artwork is really sick, especially the archers with their arrows aimed. Sadly I doubt there's a costume that would include a bow and arrow due to obvious reasons.

I returned back to my old Avatar, Odin appeared to me in the shape of a one-eyed dog in a desolate area in the desert during the dark hours of midnight and told me to stick to my old Avatar, I consented and then he blessed me with heroic wisdom, then he flew to heaven.

IMG_1266.jpg

Guess who this is :)...(my profile pic)

Click on the image itself to expand it and read what the note says ;))

Now you know what the man behind the squirrel looks like!!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 9481
Guess who this is :)...(my profile pic)
Click on the image itself to expand it and read what the note says ;))
Now you know what the man behind the squirrel looks like!!!!

Hi dave !! :grin:

You look like one of my Levantine friends.

This thread has been viewed 37344 times.

Back