------------------------

Last edited:
@Davef If it was this: It’s a Moca. Espresso coffe maker.
D07F353C-6666-4DAB-A1C4-C97440C08BDA.jpeg
ps somehow the Eupedia App doesn’t match the Threads Hierarchy of the Website.

lol sportin the stash, but what's with the spider?
It’s not just a spider, is a Taranta, adopted Symbol of the Land of my People.
stach.jpeg.jpg

6TUPJrR_d.jpg

Last edited:

Hello Angela
I like your avatar. I like when people have avatars. At once it is clear with whom you escape when a person has an avatar.

Hello Angela
I like your avatar. I like when people have avatars. At once it is clear with whom you escape when a person has an avatar.

@Davef

100% Cheddar-Rat & Cheddar-Hat :grin:

G8YxRt1.jpg

13349868-funy-rat-with-cheese.jpg

Hello Angela

Mine is aspirational. I'm a great admirer of both Isabella and Beatrice D'Este.

I didn't want to post an actual photo, so I searched "Hot goth dude" on duckduckgo. He's much younger than I am, but it's a reasonable likeness for 15 years ago.

(What can I say? Walking around in my late teens and early 20's strangers - mostly women, but also a few men - used to try picking me up on the street. For a while there I was a pretty, pretty man.)

Describe Why You Picked Your Avatar

I never had an avatar before, so picking one for this site posed a problem. Should I make a statement about my fundatmental beliefs, or should it be a flip reference to current culture? A Marvel character, maybe Thor? Well . . . not quite how I see myself.

Since I had to include a photo, a movie reference seemed an obvious choice. One of my favorites is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford. It is such a sad, poignant movie. I saw it in the theater as a young boy. Poor John Wayne, so sure of Halley's love (so sure he's the hero), but too late to disclose his attachment and so losing her. However, he rises above personal feelings and pushes her and Jimmy Stewart together because it was the right thing to do, for the town and for Halley. John died a broken, unhappy man, never knowing, as is revealed in the last scene, that Halley had always loved him (perhaps loved him the most). I have to admit, parts of the movie make me cry . . . very quietly and to myself. My wife rolls her eyes.

However, it seemed a bit presumptuous to pick a photo of either John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart as my avatar. It is perhaps a little too much to try to identify myself with two such stars. However, I found a photo of Lee Marvin as Liberty, the bad guy, laughing in just the way I imagine I might at a joke. It seemed so appropriate to have it float above my posts, which I like to think are witty. Bear with me, I think I'm funny.

That's my story. So why did you pick your avatar?

I never had an avatar before, so picking one for this site posed a problem. Should I make a statement about my fundatmental beliefs, or should it be a flip reference to current culture? A Marvel character, maybe Thor? Well . . . not quite how I see myself.

Since I had to include a photo, a movie reference seemed an obvious choice. One of my favorites is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford. It is such a sad, poignant movie. I saw it in the theater as a young boy. Poor John Wayne, so sure of Halley's love (so sure he's the hero), but too late to disclose his attachment and so losing her. However, he rises above personal feelings and pushes her and Jimmy Stewart together because it was the right thing to do, for the town and for Halley. John died a broken, unhappy man, never knowing, as is revealed in the last scene, that Halley had always loved him (perhaps loved him the most). I have to admit, parts of the movie make me cry . . . very quietly and to myself. My wife rolls her eyes.

However, it seemed a bit presumptuous to pick a photo of either John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart as my avatar. It is perhaps a little too much to try to identify myself with two such stars. However, I found a photo of Lee Marvin as Liberty, the bad guy, laughing in just the way I imagine I might at a joke. It seemed so appropriate to have it float above my posts, which I like to think are witty. Bear with me, I think I'm funny.

That's my story. So why did you pick your avatar?

We have a thread where we discuss it. I'll move your post over.

I change mine periodically. Right now mine is dedicated to the D'Este sisters of Renaissance Italy: Isabella and Beatrice.

The revenant from doom eternal! He’s a zombie with a jetpack! Best game of 2020 IMO but then again Doom was a major part of my childhood growing up

My current one is the cross of Caravaca that I ordered telematically from a jewelry store in Caravaca (Murcia) where the famous cross of Caravaca is located and where the events that made it famous took place.

Why not carcalla :cool-v:
People thinks he was j1
I think he was e-m81:)

Good grief! One of the Roman Emperors who looks as if he'd be capable of any atrocity, unlike some who look like choirboys while behaving as demons.

Might I suggest a slightly less evil looking portrait?

caracalla-BUSTO.jpg

This thread has been viewed 37341 times.

Back