Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 112 of 112

Thread: Italic peoples

  1. #101
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,489
    Points
    21,843
    Level
    45
    Points: 21,843, Level: 45
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States





    I'm still a member of one of those clubs. I don't go there very often, apart for sports tournaments, and stuff like that. (They would totally lose every time without me )
    They also collect funds for scholarships and charities.
    Majority of the people who spend time in the club are older men.
    You should see them arguing when they decide to make sausages and maybe “ricotta”? in the back of the building, they all have a better way of doing things. LOL

  2. #102
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,953
    Points
    257,292
    Level
    100
    Points: 257,292, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I'm still a member of one of those clubs. I don't go there very often, apart for sports tournaments, and stuff like that. (They would totally lose every time without me )
    They also collect funds for scholarships and charities.
    Majority of the people who spend time in the club are older men.
    You should see them arguing when they decide to make sausages and maybe “ricotta”? in the back of the building, they all have a better way of doing things. LOL
    Typical Italians. :) I've seen people on a train in Italy get into a shouting match over the best way to make a dish.

    Well, we get into shouting matches over a lot of things. :)

    When we stayed in Sorrento, we used to take the bus up and down the coast. Unfortunately, because they have a schedule and the traffic was making it impossible to keep to it, they sometimes ignore the locals at unscheduled stops.

    We were on it one day when a very old woman finally got picked up. She stood right next to the driver and put on a whole show of how she had been waiting forever, with much shouting in dialect. She capped it by asking my husband what was she supposed to do, throw herself down in the middle of the street so they'd notice her???? He didn't know what the heck she was saying, but I jabbed him and whispered say yes. That pissed off the bus driver who then also started shouting at him. I told him to shrug exaggeratedly! It was great fun. The British tourists looked shell shocked. :)


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  3. #103
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,953
    Points
    257,292
    Level
    100
    Points: 257,292, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Political shows in Italy.

    They're really depressing.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIhXMOw-eYE

    We're catching up here in the states, though.


    This would not play out this way here. CORNUTO! :) I love the guy chasing the "amante" down the street trying to get a picture. Now, this one makes me laugh. It's like a scene from a French or Italian sex farce.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klky4L7ehKw

  4. #104
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    06-01-10
    Posts
    243
    Points
    13,916
    Level
    35
    Points: 13,916, Level: 35
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 14.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pre-Adam
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Pre-Eva

    Ethnic group
    Albanian - Dinaric
    Country: Montenegro



    2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Italics in Italy were not pure. They happened to migrate there together with many illyrian tribes who after some time became italized. I am not talking about proper illyrians like Messapians, or Peucetes or Dauns.

    These are italic tribes but with illyrian origin in their past: Sabines who became Safines after italic language turned B>F, Brendon in illyro-thracian means red deer, it became Frentani after B>F in italic, also samnites were descendants of sabines at least partially and in their name Sabin > *Sabnit > Samnit

    Lukanians were illyrians they were descended from 9 illyrian boys and 9 illyrian girls, according to roman authors.

    Picentes were archeologically illyrians, and Carleton Coon himself described adriatic part of Italy as inhabited by illyrian race.

  5. #105
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,953
    Points
    257,292
    Level
    100
    Points: 257,292, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neander View Post
    Italics in Italy were not pure. They happened to migrate there together with many illyrian tribes who after some time became italized. I am not talking about proper illyrians like Messapians, or Peucetes or Dauns.
    These are italic tribes but with illyrian origin in their past: Sabines who became Safines after italic language turned B>F, Brendon in illyro-thracian means red deer, it became Frentani after B>F in italic, also samnites were descendants of sabines at least partially and in their name Sabin > *Sabnit > Samnit
    Lukanians were illyrians they were descended from 9 illyrian boys and 9 illyrian girls, according to roman authors.
    Picentes were archeologically illyrians, and Carleton Coon himself described adriatic part of Italy as inhabited by illyrian race.
    Let's get with the modern era of genetics, shall we?

    Illyrians were "not" a race.

    There are NO pure races or ethnicities, and that definitely includes Albanians, and "Illyrians" for that matter.

    When we get an "Illyrian" genome we'll see what they were like and do some comparisons.

  6. #106
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,489
    Points
    21,843
    Level
    45
    Points: 21,843, Level: 45
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Governor A. Cuomo: “Oggi siamo tutti Italiani” (Today we’re all Italians)

    NYC Columbus Day Parade
    Largest celebration of Italian-American culture!


  7. #107
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,489
    Points
    21,843
    Level
    45
    Points: 21,843, Level: 45
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 75.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Liberation Day



    Festa della Liberazione

  8. #108
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,953
    Points
    257,292
    Level
    100
    Points: 257,292, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Why there had to be a liberation...If you're squeamish, don't watch it. At around three minutes in you can see what greeted my mother, a little girl at the time, when she went to Mass for a month or two until they rotted and fell down.



    They thought they would make and keep an empire this way.

    A commemorative recreation of the parade on that day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSN-Yi7zvsM

    The actual parade can be seen here. I wish they would clean up that footage.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAtOLEuSAKs-Liberazione
    Last edited by Angela; 26-04-19 at 00:14.

  9. #109
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    italouruguayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-04-17
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    110
    Points
    3,714
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,714, Level: 17
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 21.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

    Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian
    Country: Uruguay



    During my childhood and my adolescence, I knew what it was like to live under a dictatorship in my country. I remember the feeling of oppression, when we returned to democracy we learned about the barbarities that happened in that period. But it can not be compared to the tragedy of dictatorships in Europe, and World War II.
    And the tragedies did not end on April 25 ... on April 29, a massacre took place in the Veneto, which included the town of my grandfather, San Martino di Lupari, after clashes between partisans and the retreating German troops. When I saw the commemorative monolith, it gave me chills to see that several of the dead had my last name ...
    https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eccidi...ello_di_Godego

  10. #110
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,953
    Points
    257,292
    Level
    100
    Points: 257,292, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    During my childhood and my adolescence, I knew what it was like to live under a dictatorship in my country. I remember the feeling of oppression, when we returned to democracy we learned about the barbarities that happened in that period. But it can not be compared to the tragedy of dictatorships in Europe, and World War II.
    And the tragedies did not end on April 25 ... on April 29, a massacre took place in the Veneto, which included the town of my grandfather, San Martino di Lupari, after clashes between partisans and the retreating German troops. When I saw the commemorative monolith, it gave me chills to see that several of the dead had my last name ...
    https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eccidi...ello_di_Godego
    Another disgrace: the Commander never paid any price for what he did. You can't even say this was some lower class brain washed Nazi SS stormtrooper. This was a Lieutenant General of the Wehrmacht.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Polack

    When atrocities are committed on your home ground, when every other village has a monument to the men, but also, and sometimes even more numerous women and children and old people, and when, as you say, you see family surnames on those monuments, it makes a difference.

    I don't know how it is in Latin America, but in the Italy in which I grew up, and even, to some extent now, every Sunday after Mass you went to the cemetery to visit your loved ones. Particularly heart breaking were the "empty" tombs, because their bones couldn't even be identified.

    You can't and shouldn't forget them.

  11. #111
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    italouruguayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-04-17
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    110
    Points
    3,714
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,714, Level: 17
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 21.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

    Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian
    Country: Uruguay



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Another disgrace: the Commander never paid any price for what he did. You can't even say this was some lower class brain washed Nazi SS stormtrooper. This was a Lieutenant General of the Wehrmacht.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Polack

    When atrocities are committed on your home ground, when every other village has a monument to the men, but also, and sometimes even more numerous women and children and old people, and when, as you say, you see family surnames on those monuments, it makes a difference.

    I don't know how it is in Latin America, but in the Italy in which I grew up, and even, to some extent now, every Sunday after Mass you went to the cemetery to visit your loved ones. Particularly heart breaking were the "empty" tombs, because their bones couldn't even be identified.

    You can't and shouldn't forget them.
    Exact. It is the only way to avoid the repetition of such tragedies in the future ...

  12. #112
    Regular Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    27-06-19
    Posts
    11
    Points
    126
    Level
    1
    Points: 126, Level: 1
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Ukraine



    Agree with you, dude

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •