Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Italic peoples

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Thank you for the material. Even assuming this is correct (as an Italian knowing the inter-regional dynamics within Italy and people's movements IRL, I really struggle to see how someone from Umbria, but even an Abruzzese, may be genetically closer to a Greek than a Tuscan), that was really not my point: what I mean is, just because a part of Italy may bear genetic resemblance to Greece (or part of it) I don't see much sense in grouping these otherwise quite different countries in one subforum (just as one example of many, parts of France are genetically very similar to parts of Germany still I bet they would never be grouped together in a "France & Germany" subforum as it would make very little sense considering the marked cultural differences).

In Italy there is a main cline that goes from north to south on a west-east axis, with the exception of some areas of north-eastern Italy that go to the northeast. The Abruzzese (genetically, culturally and linguistically are southern Italians) are more southeast of the Tuscans. The Umbrians are central Italians but they also seem on the whole to be a bit more southeast of the Tuscans, although on the whole they remain further north than the Abruzzese.

Obviously this is the genetic discourse, from a cultural point of view I understand that grouping all Italy with Greece does not reflect reality. The Italian Alps really have almost nothing in common culturally with Greece and have much more in common with neighbouring countries. As well as other areas of Italy have something more in common culturally with the south of France than with Greece. But even in southern France there is something Mediterranean like in Greece, unlike the rest of France which is clearly more a country similar to central Europe, or even in northern France, to the countries of northern Europe.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by ferriosa View Post
    According to Haak et al, Tuscans have about 30% PIE admixture.
    It is amazing how advanced these spam bots are getting. This is extraordinary.

This user has other posts that are clearly spam, but this one makes it look like a legitimate user.
    Ancient West Eurasia

Calculator Versions:

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    It is amazing how advanced these spam bots are getting. This is extraordinary.

This user has other posts that are clearly spam, but this one makes it look like a legitimate user.
    Indeed. The bot copied a phrase already used in this thread (page 1).

I donít like them 😂😂

I am Tuscan but I have a very strange face with very particular facial features

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567