How to achieve info on genetic past

BaltoHeritageNorway

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Finnish and swedish
I have from my great-grandparents and sometime before a very mixed ancestry ,but all within the same geographical area of the northeast Europe, west Russia and Central/North Scandinavia. I'd like to find out more about my heritage on the genetic side, as I've located much historical detail about my ancestors through historical sources. What is the better and cheap way of ordering a genetic test for determining for example mt DNA and y DNA lineage? Several in my relations are interested in participating. If it contributes to a scientific database like the Genographic, it would be of even more interest to me. Thanks for any tip.

I have from my great-grandparents and sometime before a very mixed ancestry ,but all within the same geographical area of the northeast Europe, west Russia and Central/North Scandinavia. I'd like to find out more about my heritage on the genetic side, as I've located much historical detail about my ancestors through historical sources. What is the better and cheap way of ordering a genetic test for determining for example mt DNA and y DNA lineage? Several in my relations are interested in participating. If it contributes to a scientific database like the Genographic, it would be of even more interest to me. Thanks for any tip.

23andme ......for $99 it is by far the cheapest .......... you get a Ydna , Mtdna and your genetic origins...............but its not the best for giving you your latest SNP

This thread has been viewed 2909 times.

Back