Films & Series BBC Television Series-"The Honourable Woman"

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
This is a spy-thriller with "substance" and wonderful performances. It stars Maggie Gyllenhal, and deals with the Israeli Palestinian conflict. I liked it a lot. You might want to give it a try.

[video]https://www.youtube.A Woman of Subsance0M[/video]

This is a spy-thriller with "substance" and wonderful performances. It stars Maggie Gyllenhal, and deals with the Israeli Palestinian conflict. I liked it a lot. You might want to give it a try.

[video]https://www.youtube.A Woman of Subsance0M[/video]

That series has already been on Canadian television and I kept thinking that I should like it, but I had trouble staying interested in it. As much as I like Maggie Gyllenhal as an actress, I had trouble seeing her in that role.

That series has already been on Canadian television and I kept thinking that I should like it, but I had trouble staying interested in it. As much as I like Maggie Gyllenhal as an actress, I had trouble seeing her in that role.

She wouldn't have been my first choice either. I thought the quality of her acting was excellent, however. There's a recent series on American television also set in Israel called "Dig" which I started watching where we're supposed to believe that Jason Isaacs is an Irish American named Connolly. I love anything to do with archaeology and Near Eastern history, but I don't think I'll stick with it; it's starting to look like another "Da Vinci Code" type fantasy...you know, secret thousands year old cabals trying to bring about the end of the world. It's not my thing.

Ed. Did you like "Debt" with Helen Mirren? I really, really like her as an actress...have done ever since I saw her in "White Nights" with Mikhail Baryshnikov, even though she only had a minor part.

I also really loved her performances in the British TV series "Prime Suspect". I'm quite an aficionado of British "crime" or mystery serials altogether. I'm currently catching episodes of "Foyle's War" when I can find the time. Even for someone who doesn't sleep very much, time is too limited for everything I want to do and experience.:)

She wouldn't have been my first choice either. I thought the quality of her acting was excellent, however. There's a recent series on American television also set in Israel called "Dig" which I started watching where we're supposed to believe that Jason Isaacs is an Irish American named Connolly. I love anything to do with archaeology and Near Eastern history, but I don't think I'll stick with it; it's starting to look like another "Da Vinci Code" type fantasy...you know, secret thousands year old cabals trying to bring about the end of the world. It's not my thing.

Ed. Did you like "Debt" with Helen Mirren? I really, really like her as an actress...have done ever since I saw her in "White Nights" with Mikhail Baryshnikov, even though she only had a minor part.

I also really loved her performances in the British TV series "Prime Suspect". I'm quite an aficionado of British "crime" or mystery serials altogether. I'm currently catching episodes of "Foyle's War" when I can find the time. Even for someone who doesn't sleep very much, time is too limited for everything I want to do and experience.:)

No problems with Maggie Gyllenhal's acting skills and she is a likeable personality, but I thought that counted against her in that show - no matter how good her acting is, I can't picture her as a cold person who lacks a moral centre, which is how I thought her character should have been. I haven't seen "Dig" but I also dislike Dan Brown style pseudohistorical conspiracy stories. The real story of the Knights Templar was much more interesting.

I haven't seen "Debt" but considering who's in it, I will.

I love British crime shows such as Prime Suspect, Inspector Frost and Midsommer Murders. Also period shows like Foyle's War and Heartbeat. I think the Brits manage to create a lot of intelligent and stylish shows and fortunately we eventually get to see most of it here in Canada.

This thread has been viewed 4271 times.

Back