Thread: British origins

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-S17721 (U-106)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2j

Ethnic group
    Italo-Celto-Germanic

British origins

Any thoughts on the paper that appeared in Nature on the People of the British Isles posted by Dienekes'? I haven't read the paper myself. Some people say it's a victory for Stephen Oppenheimer. I've read Origin's of the British and couldn't digest it, especially because of his denial of linguistic studies. I feel that two schools of thought between migrationist and anti-migrationist are in full struggle, with all of us caught in the middle.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Auld Reekie View Post
    Any thoughts on the paper that appeared in Nature on the People of the British Isles posted by Dienekes'? I haven't read the paper myself. Some people say it's a victory for Stephen Oppenheimer. I've read Origin's of the British and couldn't digest it, especially because of his denial of linguistic studies. I feel that two schools of thought between migrationist and anti-migrationist are in full struggle, with all of us caught in the middle.
    We already have a thread on the subject. See here:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...ish-Population

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci