Is the Iberian language a Vasconic dialect? A precursor to Basque?

Melancon

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celto-Germanic (70% Cajun French - 30% English)
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b (S21) - Nordic
mtDNA haplogroup
H (H1) - Atlantid
Transciptions of Iberian language by Angus J Huck:

http://www.euskararenjatorria.eu/15-HunkAngusJ.pdf

The alphabet is in Phoenician script. I have examined the language for quite some time and I am pretty sure it is relative to Basque and Aquitanian.

Not sure if anyone here has ever seen an Iberian language transcription. I've known about it for a while. I'm no professional linguist but it is no doubt to me that it is related to Basque in some way. Amazing. I believe most of it was spoken around what is now the region of Catalonia, Spain and Southern France. (around the Pyrenees)

Really interesting stuff; there are even some translations in sentences. Although a lot are somewhat incoherent.

Some translations:

Iberian:

"Mabardiakits abarjeiki te tsinebetin urkekerere. Aurun beikeai atste beikeaie ekar ju adun ju bo duei. Baitetski ekutsu tsotsinbiuru borberon ju koso ju. Baitetski berigar tzen tse ulditekeraikatse argitikeraikats balkebiuraiets baitets bani ekar tse."

English:

“Mabardiaikits and Abarjeiki: Tsinebetin, son of Urkekere, the one who is commanded to be the best child to them, the one who is commanded to be the priest to them, assuredly brought the new wheat to them, permissively. Borberon Koso: Tsotsinbiur washed it to them, permissively. It was not seseli.”

Iberian:

"Nabartsotsin laranur alasur Legastikerr Batsike il detikeba. Erbakale Balkearpan aibiga ederki kalaiki otoen nau."

English:

"If only Legastikerr, son of Batsike, could be dead. The city deity favours me, Balkearpan, beautifully and highly."

This thread has been viewed 3759 times.

Back