Eurovision 2015

anyway to go more with Statistics.

many famous, and I mean famous, did not manage to win the contest,

I think the artist with the most perfomances was a woman from Malta, or Andora in the decades of 70's
a tremendous singer, with tremendous abilities in vocals, little bit fat, if I remember correct.

anyway, now days people prefer to sing in national language or English,

this is from ESC (European Song Contast) Mother of Eurovision,
at that time people prefer to sing in Francais or Italian

France Gall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cv9NIzGmSI

anyway to go more with Statistics.

many famous, and I mean famous, did not manage to win the contest,

I think the artist with the most perfomances was a woman from Malta, or Andora in the decades of '70s 80s
a tremendous singer, with tremendous abilities in vocals, little bit fat, if I remember correct.

I think you mean Chiara, quite obese but sweet. She came second and third, Malta will never win, came second twice and third twice, one of them should merited a win for sure, at least we won juniour euro festival last year.

yeah
ten years favorite was

I haven`t yet heard all the entries but from the few I have heard I like Norway, Serbia and this years entry from UK is a catchy tune. However, I think Germany has a great song and if Anne Sophie sings like this on the night, I think she will do well. [Hope it is okay to post from this years entries, if not please remove or I`ll edit]

@ Hope

If you expect UK to win,
better split BBC to 4
BBC English
BBC Wells
Scottish
N Irish,

you will get for sure 4*12 = 48 points

@ Hope

If you expect UK to win,
better split BBC to 4
BBC English
BBC Wells
Scottish
N Irish,

you will get for sure 4*12 = 48 points
That might be more than we got last year...:)

yeah
ten years favorite was

Thats a nice one too. I like this one from the old eurovision too Winner from 1975 for Holland, the usual typical happy eurovision songs of the time :)

I haven`t yet heard all the entries but from the few I have heard I like Norway, Serbia and this years entry from UK is a catchy tune. However, I think Germany has a great song and if Anne Sophie sings like this on the night, I think she will do well. [Hope it is okay to post from this years entries, if not please remove or I`ll edit]

(y) hope, in fact we are supposed to discuss this years entries, but ended up with nostalgia , which is great. In fact I will change the title of this thread to Eurovision 2015 and more :grin:. Yes I liked the one from Germany and Norway. I think there are quite a few I like this year too. Slovenia is another one, great rhythm too. You said something sensible. How important it is to have a good performance on the night as some of them do sound nothing like the record when sung live.

(y) hope, in fact we are supposed to discuss this years entries, but ended up with nostalgia , which is great. In fact I will change the title of this thread to Eurovision 2015 and more :grin:. Yes I liked the one from Germany and Norway. I think there are quite a few I like this year too. Slovenia is another one, great rhythm too. You said something sensible. How important it is to have a good performance on the night as some of them do sound nothing like the record when sung live.
There seems to be more ballads this year and I haven`t noticed the usual odd outrageous entry..or maybe I missed it?
Yes, the overall quality is pretty good and there are a few in particular, if they perform well on the night, which should pick up points. The first time I heard the song from Germany, I didn`t much care for it, then I found the version I posted here and it`s grew on me...
Re. thread title, it is fine I don`t see a need to change. I just wasn`t sure if we were posting this years entries...now had I been more attentive and actually read the title, I wouldn`t have had to ask...
Here is one I remember from 2011 because it stuck in my head for ages...Dino Merlin...[ you`ve got to like how they play the instruments without even barely touching them...:LOL:]

There seems to be more ballads this year and I haven`t noticed the usual odd outrageous entry..or maybe I missed it?
Yes, the overall quality is pretty good and there are a few in particular, if they perform well on the night, which should pick up points. The first time I heard the song from Germany, I didn`t much care for it, then I found the version I posted here and it`s grew on me...
Re. thread title, it is fine I don`t see a need to change. I just wasn`t sure if we were posting this years entries...now had I been more attentive and actually read the title, I wouldn`t have had to ask...
Here is one I remember from 2011 because it stuck in my head for ages...Dino Merlin...[ you`ve got to like how they play the instruments without even barely touching them...:LOL:]

haha looks like magic. Not very good at miming are they? Dont recall that song tho, its a good one. This years odd one is Finland with the punk song. If they won with Lordi and heavy metal, they might do it all over again. Its the one that Yetos and myself were debating :).

This is my favourite British entry ever and a winner way back in 1997

Anyway

for the Statistics

the Hero of Eurovision ever is Johny Logan, an Irish Composer with 3 wins!!!!!!

But the best Irish winner of course was:-

But the best Irish winner of course was:-

Yes,this was a good one. I have the version by Celtic Woman in my playlist Maleth.....really nice.

Last edited:
Sweden seems to be the favourite so far with Italy and Estonia 2nd and 3rd
It`s certainly way up the polls for favourite...be interesting to see how it does. It`s the Eurovision, anything could happen, one of those songs no-one has took much notice of could clean up on the night...It wont be any I have picked..I can make that bet and know I wont lose..:)

..I can make that bet and know I wont lose..:)

Dont worry it happens to me all the time, and my favourites never seem to win :grin:. Off to Poland in a few hours, I think I will give internet a break. Be back next week.............

This thread has been viewed 35996 times.

Back