I2a-Din distribution among East Slavs

I could not work out how old is this study, but their conclusions are not very correct.
First, as always Romanians fail to mention, that the region of Dobrudja was consistently a part of the Bulgarian Empire in 7-11th century. Moreover, Dobrudja and North Eastern Bulgaria were the hinterland of the Old Bulgars, the only place true pagan Bulgar burials are found, in fact. It was still too early for the Cumans, so we may presume those remains are connected to the Old Bulgars.

Second, the authors claim they could not find a match for the mutations of the individual M3 and think it is H, when it is most obvious J. There are at least several full HVR1 matches at FTDNA, for example 194665 who is Hungarian and assigned to haplogroup J1c2.
Here are his matches in FTDNA database, spreading all over Europe and no connection to Tartars.

Austria11,1630.1%
Italy14,584< 0.1 %
Sweden35,1900.1%
United Kingdom27,680< 0.1 %

The individual M4 haplogroup is ambiguous, as 16129 and 16267 are found in many different haplogroups, not only H, but HV, I, U2, etc. If it is really H, it needs testing the coding region to determine the real subbranch and relationship with current populations.

Ukraine has lower % of R1a than West Russia (e.g. Oryol and Belgorod both have 60-62% R1a)

Oryol is located in the former territory of Kiev Culture, which was probably the homeland of Proto-Slavs:

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...-Hungars/page2?p=571893&viewfull=1#post571893

UtImtwe.png

DzKzPSk.png

This thread has been viewed 125844 times.

Back