some famous destinations of spain

i highly recommend you granada (la alhambra) cordoba (mezquita de cordoba) salamanca (fairty tale city)

The best places to visit in Spain

If you are planning a trip to Spain, this one can be of some help to you. Tourists from all over the world throng to this beautiful European country for vacationing and enjoy their time off the regular life. I have jot down a personalized list of some of the unmissable places that one must visit.

1. La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that was designed by a famous Spanish architect, Antoni Gaudi, is a mesmerizing piece of art that leave the tourists spellbound. It’s an engineering and architectural marvel that should be on your wishlist while booking a flight to Spain.
  2. The Alhambra, Granada: Originally built as a fortress and later converted into a royal palace, it is now one of Spain’s major tourist attractions. UNESCO added it to the list of World Heritage Sites due to its historical and cultural significance.
  3. Plaza Mayor, Madrid: Located in the heart of Madrid, the capital city, it is a major public space where the locals as well as tourists shop, stroll around, eat, and enjoy the outdoors. Plaza Mayor has beautiful architecture and also has a big statue in the centre of the square.
  4. Los Gigantes, Tenerife: Also known as The Cliff of the Giants, it is one of the most attractive wonders of nature in Tenerife. As the town enjoys the best weather conditions on the whole island, it is popular among tourists as fantastic holiday spot.
  5. El Tajo Gorge, Ronda: Running through the heart of the city, it is a deep gorge and has a beautiful Puente Nuevo (new bridge in Spanish) spanning it. The gorge and its bridge is beautiful to the eye and is one of the most photographed locations in Spain.
  6. The Aqueduct, Segovia: Also called as the Aqueduct bridge, is a splendid monument built during the reigns of Roman emperors. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it still stands tall and is a major tourist attraction.

If you are planning a trip to Spain, this one can be of some help to you. Tourists from all over the world throng to this beautiful European country for vacationing and enjoy their time off the regular life. I have jot down a personalized list of some of the unmissable places that one must visit.

1. La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that was designed by a famous Spanish architect, Antoni Gaudi, is a mesmerizing piece of art that leave the tourists spellbound. It’s an engineering and architectural marvel that should be on your wishlist while booking a flight to Spain.
  2. The Alhambra, Granada: Originally built as a fortress and later converted into a royal palace, it is now one of Spain’s major tourist attractions. UNESCO added it to the list of World Heritage Sites due to its historical and cultural significance.
  3. Plaza Mayor, Madrid: Located in the heart of Madrid, the capital city, it is a major public space where the locals as well as tourists shop, stroll around, eat, and enjoy the outdoors. Plaza Mayor has beautiful architecture and also has a big statue in the centre of the square.
  4. Los Gigantes, Tenerife: Also known as The Cliff of the Giants, it is one of the most attractive wonders of nature in Tenerife. As the town enjoys the best weather conditions on the whole island, it is popular among tourists as fantastic holiday spot.
  5. El Tajo Gorge, Ronda: Running through the heart of the city, it is a deep gorge and has a beautiful Puente Nuevo (new bridge in Spanish) spanning it. The gorge and its bridge is beautiful to the eye and is one of the most photographed locations in Spain.
  6. The Aqueduct, Segovia: Also called as the Aqueduct bridge, is a splendid monument built during the reigns of Roman emperors. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it still stands tall and is a major tourist attraction.

I agree they should be on everyone's list, but there are so many others as well: El Escorial, the Mosque/Cathedral of Cordoba and Sevilla, The Prado, the Picasso Museum, El Alcazar of Segovia (I'll never forget seeing it and thinking: it's the Princess Castle, i.e. the Disney Castle. Of course it's so much more than that; going up to the battlements is a must.), all of Toledo imo. I could go on and on.

This thread has been viewed 17664 times.

Back