Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Hero or Child Abuser?

  1. #26
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    That's going from one extreme to another. Men should behave like they did 60 years ago.
    What was so special about men 60 years ago?
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  2. #27
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    It seems that it is very unnatural and counter intuitive thing to do, to retaliate against one's mother. It might be a genetic block/protection. If offspring hurts or kills parents it dramatically lowers chance of its survival. Otherwords, it is a dumbest thing to do.
    It has nothing to do with instinct and genetics. My mother is my mother(I know because of DNA tests), but even if she wasn't I'd treat her the same way. If I had no idea who she was, but she was still my biological mother, I wouldn't treat her the same way.

  3. #28
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    It has nothing to do with instinct and genetics. My mother is my mother(I know because of DNA tests), but even if she wasn't I'd treat her the same way. If I had no idea who she was, but she was still my biological mother, I wouldn't treat her the same way.
    You don't need to know who is your genetic mother. Instinct will protect against harming the ones who care for you and with whom you have the strongest emotional bond, and in great majority cases is your natural mother.

  4. #29
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    You don't need to know who is your genetic mother. Instinct will protect against harming the ones who care for you and with whom you have the strongest emotional bond, and in great majority cases is your natural mother.
    That's what I'm saying.

  5. #30
    Regular Member Templar's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-10-11
    Posts
    590

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G-L42
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1

    Ethnic group
    Paleolithic European
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    What was so special about men 60 years ago?
    Modern men are largely feminized and beta. Meanwhile the women are trying to behave like men. Now this could partially be due to all sorts of hormone intake from bottled water, soy, etc. But it is also very evidently due to social engineering by the Frankfurt school.

  6. #31
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,236


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  7. #32
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    What was so special about men 60 years ago?
    We just come out of a world war on an apocalyptic level. Isn't that special?

  8. #33
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Modern men are largely feminized and beta. Meanwhile the women are trying to behave like men. Now this could partially be due to all sorts of hormone intake from bottled water, soy, etc. But it is also very evidently due to social engineering by the Frankfurt school.
    Asians have been consuming Soya for the past 4000 years. All men should be transvestites by now

  9. #34
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,236


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I'm quite mystified by this notion that strength and masculinity and virility can't co-exist with a capacity for tenderness and sweetness and gentleness in the right situation.

    Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's a very "young man" thing, or a combination of both and too many video games.

  10. #35
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    In the very late middle ages men from rich families used to wear wigs, make up and high heals. There is nothing effeminate about men today except they can afford to care more for their looks afford better clothing and do not have jobs to wear them down to looking old by the age of 40. Also they have a better education.

    Sophistication should not be confused with feminism. Men with low incomes and worked manual long laborious hours in the toughest conditions had no choice but to sound wild and rough in their speech and very rugged in their looks. The circumstances do make you act that way.

    _65495951_louis_xiv_getty.jpg

  11. #36
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    In the very late middle ages men from rich families used to wear wigs, make up and high heals. There is nothing effeminate about men today except they can afford to care more for their looks afford better clothing and do not have jobs to wear them down to looking old by the age of 40. Also they have a better education.

    Sophistication should not be confused with feminism. Men with low incomes and worked manual long laborious hours in the toughest conditions had no choice but to sound wild and rough in their speech and very rugged in their looks. The circumstances do make you act that way.

    _65495951_louis_xiv_getty.jpg
    Good point. The environment we grow in can make us bloody warriors or couch potatoes whose closest encounter with valiance is from football game on TV. One of funny examples of behavioral differences, is when western hardy travelers get to local African villages and take part in sacrificing goat or a cow. When the throat is cut and blood is gashing all villages, including kids rejoice, while the western traveler don't know where to hid from this terrible experience.

    Generally speaking, life was more cruel in the past and so were the people.

  12. #37
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Good point. The environment we grow in can make us bloody warriors or couch potatoes whose closest encounter with valiance is from football game on TV. One of funny examples of behavioral differences, is when western hardy travelers get to local African villages and take part in sacrificing goat or a cow. When the throat is cut and blood is gashing all villages, including kids rejoice, while the western traveler don't know where to hid from this terrible experience.

    Generally speaking, life was more cruel in the past and so were the people.
    Indeed it was more though all the way round. It seems with all the ups and downs which modern life presents today nobody would want to go back to those rough days. Another reality is that very very few had it good but most of the population used to live in hard conditions even in the richest economies of the time.

  13. #38
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Indeed it was more though all the way round. It seems with all the ups and downs which modern life presents today nobody would want to go back to those rough days. Another reality is that very very few had it good but most of the population used to live in hard conditions even in the richest economies of the time.
    Couple of years ago I composed a little article about how it used to be for ordinary folk way back.
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...813#post393813

  14. #39
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    912

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Modern men are largely feminized and beta. Meanwhile the women are trying to behave like men. Now this could partially be due to all sorts of hormone intake from bottled water, soy, etc. But it is also very evidently due to social engineering by the Frankfurt school.
    You think all men are being fruity? I think Arnold Swarzinager has something to say about that
    http://i.myniceprofile.com/527/52721.png

    Why can't woman have education anyway.

  15. #40
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    912

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)
    girl power unleashed!!! : D

  16. #41
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,236


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Originally Posted by angela
    good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)


    Twilight;456761]
    Why can't woman have education anyway.
    Twilight, I hope you were able to recognize heavy handed sarcasm?

  17. #42
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    912

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Originally Posted by angela
    good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)



    Twilight, I hope you were able to recognize heavy handed sarcasm?
    No worries, I'm totally not offended. I figured you were being jokingly sarcastic and was playing along, sorry if that felt off

    No problems...nice to know we're on the same wavelength! :)
    Last edited by Angela; 24-05-15 at 01:03.

  18. #43
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,236


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    No worries, I'm totally not offended. I figured you were being jokingly sarcastic and was playing along, sorry if that felt off
    No problems...nice to know we're on the same wavelength! :)

    Btw, I didn't edit your post. I typed my response in there by mistake. Sorry.

  19. #44
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    912

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    It's okay :)

  20. #45
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    I wonder how people would react if it was a father slapping a teenage daughter, instead?

  21. #46
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I wonder how people would react if it was a father slapping a teenage daughter, instead?
    Good question, in the beginning I would have thought he would have been seen as barbaric and a savage, but then remembering what the reason was I am sure that he would have got some gratitude, but no sympathy if he was a single dad......not sure how many of them are around anyway as in most cases its the mum who raises the kids in case of separations and divorce if Im not mistaken.

  22. #47
    El Mayimbe Dominicanese's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    L1c2b1

    Ethnic group
    Latin American
    Country: Dominican Republic



    unbelievable damn

  23. #48
    MelvynGreer
    Guest


    I think that mother did the right thing. Here, no one knows the whole situation. If the child aggresively behaves, then this is very bad and it is necessary for him to understand that it is impossible to do this. But in general, I am opposed to beating children.

  24. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    24-06-19
    Posts
    10


    Country: United Kingdom



    She is a mother, she did what she thanks that it is better to her son. Because of that brick he can go to the jail, that's why she did that, i think she loves him and don't want to lose him, it may be a reason of slapping.

  25. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,287

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    I had a friend that I went to HS with. He got caught up with some anarchists and they started spray painting some garbage on the walls. One of the people whose apartment got spray painted recognized him and went to his mother. She caught him by the ear, slapped him around and then threw him out of the house. The only way he could come back is to first reveal who was with him when they did it, him and his friends apologize to all the people whose apartments they spray painted and then bought enough paint out of their allowance and repainted all the vandalized places. It is amazing how strong the concept of shame was back then in Greece. People were poor with the only wealth being their good name. I call this good ole fashioned discipline.
    I myself was the recipient of my mother's heavy hand when I misbehaved. I don't consider it abuse. I consider it justifiable discipline.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •