Hero or Child Abuser?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by angela
good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)

Twilight;456761]
Why can't woman have education anyway.

Twilight, I hope you were able to recognize heavy handed sarcasm? :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by angela
good heavens! This sounds very serious indeed. Can't have women getting an education and using their brains in the world outside the home. Whatever will be the outcome? :)

Twilight, I hope you were able to recognize heavy handed sarcasm? :)

No worries, I'm totally not offended. I figured you were being jokingly sarcastic and was playing along, sorry if that felt off :(

No problems...nice to know we're on the same wavelength! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, I'm totally not offended. I figured you were being jokingly sarcastic and was playing along, sorry if that felt off :(

No problems...nice to know we're on the same wavelength! :)

Btw, I didn't edit your post. I typed my response in there by mistake. Sorry. :(

I wonder how people would react if it was a father slapping a teenage daughter, instead?

I wonder how people would react if it was a father slapping a teenage daughter, instead?

Good question, in the beginning I would have thought he would have been seen as barbaric and a savage, but then remembering what the reason was I am sure that he would have got some gratitude, but no sympathy if he was a single dad......not sure how many of them are around anyway as in most cases its the mum who raises the kids in case of separations and divorce if Im not mistaken.

unbelievable damn

I think that mother did the right thing. Here, no one knows the whole situation. If the child aggresively behaves, then this is very bad and it is necessary for him to understand that it is impossible to do this. But in general, I am opposed to beating children.

She is a mother, she did what she thanks that it is better to her son. Because of that brick he can go to the jail, that's why she did that, i think she loves him and don't want to lose him, it may be a reason of slapping.

I had a friend that I went to HS with. He got caught up with some anarchists and they started spray painting some garbage on the walls. One of the people whose apartment got spray painted recognized him and went to his mother. She caught him by the ear, slapped him around and then threw him out of the house. The only way he could come back is to first reveal who was with him when they did it, him and his friends apologize to all the people whose apartments they spray painted and then bought enough paint out of their allowance and repainted all the vandalized places. It is amazing how strong the concept of shame was back then in Greece. People were poor with the only wealth being their good name. I call this good ole fashioned discipline.
I myself was the recipient of my mother's heavy hand when I misbehaved. I don't consider it abuse. I consider it justifiable discipline.

Her son is a teenage boy and she's a middle aged woman, does anyone really think she's able to physically abuse him?

He likely generally got the thought Violence is acceptable from the climate outside of his home he experienced childhood in. Same explanation most men in jail are African-American. I have no clue about whether hitting kids make them vicious. For this particular child however my conjecture that isn't the primary explanation.

This thread has been viewed 37382 times.

Back