Y-DNA: R-M269
MtDNA: L3e2b

And also:

74%Southern European
3% Western and Central Europe
13% West African
4% North African
5% New World

As far as I know, I’m descend from Italian, Spanish and Portuguese people, but the R-M269 is pretty strong in the U.K. Is that possible that I share Celtic traces from the continent with those that live nowadays in well-known Celtic countrys, like Ireland? I mean, that we share the same Celtic ancestors?

R-M269 is the most common male line in both Spain and Portugal and it is one of the common( together with J2 and G2a, still R-M269 is probably the biggest) in Italy, so u have a typical male line, as for the female line it is from Africa I guess.

Ofc you can have links with Celtic people, Iberians do, but u need to further test R-M269 :)

Good day to all!

I took the FTDNA test and got a pretty random result:

Y-DNA: R-M269
MtDNA: L3e2b

And also:

74%Southern European
3% Western and Central Europe
13% West African
4% North African
5% New World

As far as I know, I’m descend from Italian, Spanish and Portuguese people, but the R-M269 is pretty strong in the U.K. Is that possible that I share Celtic traces from the continent with those that live nowadays in well-known Celtic countrys, like Ireland? I mean, that we share the same Celtic ancestors?

R-M269 is the most common male line in both Spain and Portugal and it is one of the common( together with J2 and G2a, still R-M269 is probably the biggest) in Italy, so u have a typical male line, as for the female line it is from Africa I guess.

Ofc you can have links with Celtic people, Iberians do, but u need to further test R-M269 :)

Appreciate for the response!

So in order to really understand that, I should do the SNP's matches, like I've been told. Doing the 111th marker match would give me the subclade, to see if I'm Italo-Gaulish or maybe Ibero-atlantic right?

Sorry for all the questions, It's just that I'm really trying to learn all about it.

Appreciate for the response!

So in order to really understand that, I should do the SNP's matches, like I've been told. Doing the 111th marker match would give me the subclade, to see if I'm Italo-Gaulish or maybe Ibero-atlantic right?

Sorry for all the questions, It's just that I'm really trying to learn all about it.

You need to do Y37 and then test a SNP, join a R1b project and ask the moderators there to tell u which SNP to test, what subclade are your matches? :)

You need to do Y37 and then test a SNP, join a R1b project and ask the moderators there to tell u which SNP to test, what subclade are your matches? :)

Sorry for taking so long to answer!

Well, that's the problem, I really don't know which subclades are my matches.. I think I only took the simple test, because I only know
that I belong to the R-M269. It's better to join the R1b project, then?

Sorry for taking so long to answer!

Well, that's the problem, I really don't know which subclades are my matches.. I think I only took the simple test, because I only know
that I belong to the R-M269. It's better to join the R1b project, then?

Yes and then go to 37 markers and snp or on FamilyTreeDNA you can buy a panel and it will tell you form which subclade you are :)

This thread has been viewed 7735 times.

Back