What Are Slavic countries?

Lifegear

Reaction score
Please mention them and is Russia , Greece slavic people? and why are they sooo much good looking than some Northern Euros like the Brits or Dutch people

P.s i don't live in Europe i'm a rich arab who is curious and seeking knowledge :ashamed2:

It's totally cool, welcome to the forums. The Slavic countries are organized by 3 groups;West, East and South.

West:Former East Germany, Chezh, Slovaks and Poland.
East:Russian, Belarusian, Ukraine
South: Balkans Peninsula becides Greece, Turkey and Albania.

Eastern Europe is heavily influenced by the Slavs genetically but some Slavic tribes settled in Western and Northern Europe also and the Wends settled in Danelaw and other places. Like other nations, Greeks are a combination of all of the civilizations that settled there; becides royal civilizations like the Norman's in England for example.
Anyways, Greeks are a combination of ancient Greek, Anatolian, Slavs and maybe Celts and Goths.
Russians the same thing, they are a mix of Slavic, Norse, Uralic and.maybe Tatar

If you have any questions, by all means please ask away. We'd love to hear from you :)

Are far as looks, it depends on the person. Perhaps, natural selection has drawn you closer to Eastern European folks than us Northern Europeans.

Lol, former Eastern Germany is not a Slavic country.
Slavic countries:
West Slavic speakers: Poland,Czech Republik ,Slovakia
South Slavic speakers: Bulgaria,FYROM - Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,Montenegro,Serbia,Bosnia&Herzegovina (known as Bosnia),Croatia,Slovenia
Eastern Slavic speakers: Belarus,Russia,Ukraine
Greeks have few Slavic genes,Romanian are having mostly Slavic genetics,but we speak a Romance language.
The closest languages to Slavic,in Europe,are Lavian and Lithuanian,which both are part of Balto-Slavic branch of IE languages.
After Latvian and Lithuanian,Romanian also have around 20% of the words common to Slavic languages.

Another thing,about "good looking Slavic women" - that is a myth.
Some Ukrainian and Russian women are looking very good,but when Ukraine has like 45 millions people and Russia,almost 150 millions,is normal that you find some very good looking women between these.
Also,Eastern Slavic women are having softer face lines,like smaller nose,etc.

Sorbs are a very small minority in East Germany. Are about 60.000 Sorbs.
But Germany remains a Germanic state.
Let's settle on, that it used to be Slavic some time ago.

Whoa, did my answer cause drama? My bad, Lebrock read my original idea; Note that I said "former East Germany and not present day. But if I made a historical mistake that's cool too.

Whoa, did my answer cause drama? My bad, Lebrock read my original idea; Note that I said "former East Germany and not present day. But if I made a historical mistake that's cool too.
Not mentioning Slavic/Russian occupation in second half of 20th century. If it counts for anything. ;)

If Germany is Slavic country, it makes that Russia is a Turkic country, check the autonom Turkic States/Republics in Russia. It is that much silly

After the German tribes migrated west and south during the 5-6th century the Slavs moved in from the Vistula and settled Eastern Germany (up to the Elbe) during the 8th century. But they were later ethnically cleansed by the Germans during the 9-10th centuries. The Sorbs are the remnants of the few Slavs who stayed (most fled to Poland and Czech Republic. Although eastern Germany has more R1a than other parts it is doubtful it came from the Slavs. Therefore Eastern Germany has always been Germanic. The Russian occupation did little to nothing to influence the DNA.

There is also the idea of Baltic tribes in Germany based on toponymes (google Baltische in Nieder Saxony or something like that for more info).
But that would be a layer before Germans, Slavs and Germans again.

If Germany is Slavic country, it makes that Russia is a Turkic country, check the autonom Turkic States/Republics in Russia. It is that much silly
Although Russians tend to be ultra-nationalistic Slavs they are different from other Slavs. Russians have a lot of Uralic DNA (about 30%). Not to mention the Tatar and Turkish DNA that was introduced during the Turco-Mongol invasions during the Middle Ages. This makes Russians different from Ukrainians, Belarussians, and Poles. Russian language is also different from Ukrainian. Ukrainians and Belarussians are closer genetically and linguistically to Poles than Russians.

I agree with you. The reason why Russia is so huge is that it needed an outlet to the warm-water ports. Thus it clashed with the Ottomans in order to get Crimea and the southern ports around the Black Sea. The Russians also went east to get to America. Thus it incorporated most Turkish-speaking areas. But this does not mean Russia is a Turkish country.

Germany assimilated Old Prussians,Prussians were Germanic-Baltic people.

After the German tribes migrated west and south during the 5-6th century the Slavs moved in from the Vistula and settled Eastern Germany (up to the Elbe) during the 8th century. But they were later ethnically cleansed by the Germans during the 9-10th centuries. The Sorbs are the remnants of the few Slavs who stayed (most fled to Poland and Czech Republic. Although eastern Germany has more R1a than other parts it is doubtful it came from the Slavs. Therefore Eastern Germany has always been Germanic. The Russian occupation did little to nothing to influence the DNA.

These are Slavic haplotypes so I'm going to leave these here.
I know that East Germany was a little stretch but we are all a hybrid of some culture or another aren't we.

http://cdn.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-R1a-M458.png
http://cdn.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-R1a-Y93.png

Do you have a source for such a massacre

Last edited:
After the German tribes migrated west and south during the 5-6th century the Slavs moved in from the Vistula and settled Eastern Germany (up to the Elbe) during the 8th century
Mind, that Germans moved to a territory occupied by some other people, mixed with them, and created an additional Germanic layer.

But they were later ethnically cleansed by the Germans during the 9-10th centuries.
It is your assumption. I would be surprised if they kill them all. Never happened in history for such large territory. Well before WW2.
They conquered locals and turned them into cultural Germans. We also can say the same about Slavs moving there in 6-8th century. They conquered Germans and made them culturally Slavic. Genome of East Germans should express all this complicated history.
Therefore Eastern Germany has always been Germanic.
From 6 to 10 century AD it was Slavic. On smaller scale in many places there for much longer. In Sorbs territory till today.

The Russian occupation did little to nothing to influence the DNA.
You should recognize some humor.

This thread has been viewed 160276 times.

Back