• Q

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • R1a

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • R1b

Votes: 55 25.0%
  • T

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Something else (e.g. C, O, R2). Please list in comments.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Non-human haplogroup (e.g. monkey, Andromedan)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I don't know, but I heard there would be pie. Where's my pie?

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
Mine is I2c2 or I-BY423* (I'm negative for downstream SNP's), and it is the weirdest subclade of haplogroup I ever to be discovered, occurs in 4% of Armenians, has a similar frequency in Georgians, albeit concentrated in the east of the country in Kakheti.

And it also occurs in Greeks with a frequency of 2.3%, with high values in Crete (9%) and Thessaly (6%) Link. Sardinia has 1% of it (see here) but I'm not sure if its I2c2. The TMRCA is between 3300 to 4300 ybp, the Middle to Late Bronze Age.

Ancient samples so far were from Unetice culture in Germany, and Mesolithic Scandinavian hunter gatherers.

I don't know how an Arabian like me received it, my autosomal results were very normal so it must have been here for a long time mixing with the locals.

Mine is I2c2 or I-BY423* (I'm negative for downstream SNP's), and it is the weirdest subclade of haplogroup I ever to be discovered, occurs in 4% of Armenians, has a similar frequency in Georgians, albeit concentrated in the east of the country in Kakheti.

And it also occurs in Greeks with a frequency of 2.3%, with high values in Crete (9%) and Thessaly (6%) Link. Sardinia has 1% of it (see here) but I'm not sure if its I2c2. The TMRCA is between 3300 to 4300 ybp, the Middle to Late Bronze Age.

Ancient samples so far were from Unetice culture in Germany, and Mesolithic Scandinavian hunter gatherers.

I don't know how an Arabian like me received it, my autosomal results were very normal so it must have been here for a long time mixing with the locals.
Maybe Lawrence of Arabia visited your tribe? ;)

Maybe Lawrence of Arabia visited your tribe? ;)
Hah funny ;)

Wikipedia's page on Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_the_Near_East reports some very interesting levels for Haplogroup I among Bedouins (6%) Palestinians (6%) Jordanians (3.4%) Sudanese !! (3.9%) (How the hell did it get there??) Lebanese (4.8%) Nubians!!! (5.1%) and this is a small sample but similar levels to south Egypt 3.4% which is also a small sample.

All these needs explaining, a lot of explaining, I am very interested in the Sudanese sample but I couldn't access the full paper, unknown subclades of haplogroup I and patterns of migration from Europe might be discovered if a proper study is done on them.

The ones in Jordan and Palestinians and Bedouins could be of the I2c variety since my tribe migrated from there to Western Arabia, another member of my tribe tested as R1b-L584 in the R-Arabia project, L584 has a similar distribution to I2c2, this, of course, is not conclusive and we need more refined samples.

Hah funny ;)

Wikipedia's page on Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_populations_of_the_Near_East reports some very interesting levels for Haplogroup I among Bedouins (6%) Palestinians (6%) Jordanians (3.4%) Sudanese !! (3.9%) (How the hell did it get there??) Lebanese (4.8%) Nubians!!! (5.1%) and this is a small sample but similar levels to south Egypt 3.4% which is also a small sample.

All these needs explaining, a lot of explaining, I am very interested in the Sudanese sample but I couldn't access the full paper, unknown subclades of haplogroup I and patterns of migration from Europe might be discovered if a proper study is done on them.

The ones in Jordan and Palestinians and Bedouins could be of the I2c variety since my tribe migrated from there to Western Arabia, another member of my tribe tested as R1b-L584 in the R-Arabia project, L584 has a similar distribution to I2c2, this, of course, is not conclusive and we need more refined samples.
It is intriguing to say the least and quite unexpected. We need someone with knowledge of deep clades to figure this out.

I've ended up testing positive for R1b-BY20474 at YSEQ.

FTDNA have this SNP listed as P312>ZZ37>BY20474 on their haplotree.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Of course the only other Z63 on the forum got himself banned....sigh.

N1a1a1a1a1a1a1a7a1 L550 > L1025 > M2783 > FGC13372/Z16975 > Y31234

FITRiFl.png

E-l19>pf2431>z5014>pf2438>y10561>fgc18981>fgc18960

R1b-U106-Z381-Z156-Z304/306-DF98-S1911-S1894/S1900-S4004/FGC14818/FGC14823-FGC14816/FGC14817. I share these SNPs w/ Roman "Gladiator or Soldier" skeleton #3 from 6 Driffield cemetery SW of York! I also share R1b-U106-Z381-Z156-Z304/306 with 3drif-16. DF98 under U106 is also the SNP associated with the House of Wettin ;). PDF on the group here: http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~mcdonald/genetics/kings-cluster.pdf

H2, found in Neolithic Europe, in Germany 'Derenburg', and advised it was very ancient and rare in Europe, mostly found with G2a,and I2a. H2 has been reclassified previously from F* and later F3,to 'H2' since 2013, I believe. H2 is found in rare numbers today, still in Europe, mostly Northern Europe, including Sweden, Scotland, England etc, so may change again as it looks as if 'H2' entered Europe individually in ancient times, and quite sperately from the mainstream 'H' haplogroup, which branched east into India/Asia,when leaving Africa.

H2, found in Neolithic Europe, in Germany 'Derenburg', and advised it was very ancient and rare in Europe, mostly found with G2a,and I2a. H2 has been reclassified previously from F* and later F3,to 'H2' since 2013, I believe. H2 is found in rare numbers today, still in Europe, mostly Northern Europe, including Sweden, Scotland, England etc, so may change again as it looks as if 'H2' entered Europe individually in ancient times, and quite sperately from the mainstream 'H' haplogroup, which branched east into India/Asia,when leaving Africa.
H2 .. what an ancient existence. Your bloodline was very important in the first Neolithic societies, in the "original realm of the first farmers" in the "first kingdom" :grin:

You should become the hereditary priest of the temple to the Mother Goddess of farming.

A tribute to H2 and the others

Thanks, IronSide, a very informative video. Knowledge is an addiction, and watching that video shows that it can last many years, we still have in our kitchen, and use today a 'mortar and pestle' in the very same way and process they first used,many thousands of years ago, ( although on a much smaller use ).

Last edited:
Thank IronSide, a very informative video. Knowledge is an addiction, and watching that video shows that it can last many years, we still have in our kitchen, and use today a 'mortar and pestle' in the very same way and process they first used,many thousands of years ago, ( although on a much smaller use ).

Make sure to watch part 2 :)

This thread has been viewed 89543 times.

Back