• Q

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • R1a

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • R1b

Votes: 55 25.0%
  • T

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Something else (e.g. C, O, R2). Please list in comments.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Non-human haplogroup (e.g. monkey, Andromedan)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I don't know, but I heard there would be pie. Where's my pie?

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters
My father tested R1b-U106-Y7378

I'm R1b-R-L21 (R-DF13) and im not a celt btw.

N1a1a1a1a1a1a1a7a1 L550 > L1025 > M2783 > FGC13372/Z16975 > Y31234
FITRiFl.png
I have never seen that haplogroup before and it's also the first N I have ever seen. That's really cool.

H2, found in Neolithic Europe, in Germany 'Derenburg', and advised it was very ancient and rare in Europe, mostly found with G2a,and I2a. H2 has been reclassified previously from F* and later F3,to 'H2' since 2013, I believe. H2 is found in rare numbers today, still in Europe, mostly Northern Europe, including Sweden, Scotland, England etc, so may change again as it looks as if 'H2' entered Europe individually in ancient times, and quite sperately from the mainstream 'H' haplogroup, which branched east into India/Asia,when leaving Africa.

An update, Received my Living DNA Book this week, and I am left totally confused, I have taken an autosomal, Y, & mtDNA test with them and they inform and still confirm my DNA shows I am 100% European, and 100% British and Irish, with only 2.7% Irish, on 'complete family ' and no Irish on the more acurrate ' cautious family' again 100% European, and 100% British. So completely European, and yet my Living DNA report informs your Haplogroup is nearly completely restricted to India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan,.....Something seriously wrong here.. On FTDNA Y-DNA mapping for my haplogroup Y- H2( P96 ) There is none in England, none in Scotland, one in Sweden, two other single reports from Switzerland and France near to the border with Germany. Ancient H2 has been found in Germany during Early Neolithic period areas, and it well shown as present on Eupedia maps of early Europeans, ( Mesolithic 9000-7000 BCE, Maciamo Nov 2015 ). My history is paper trailed Uk to at least the 1700's on my Y-DNA, and my other ancestry includes professionally researched lineages back to the ninth century West Saxon Ecgberht died 839 AD, So it confirms a long exsistance of Ancestry in this country. My blood group is A+,same as 'my father', and my brother and my son, which is the most prominent European group, I believe, ( my wife, has Blood group 'O' Rh positive' ) I have no knowledge of any Indian or other connection with the mostly restricted area living DNA are reporting and suggesting is my Ancestry. I have no connection other than British and European. Regarding supporting my European-DNA, I was born blond haired as was my Father,and His Father, all his brothers and sisters, my brothers, as was all my sons, and my three grandsons (5 generations ). My father and all his brothers and sisters and his father my G/father were all blue eyed Im certian, and there is no dark hair or skin in any of our colouring that would suggest any ancestry or recent ancestry from the area of my recent Y- DNA, and is clearly at odds with the Ancestry, that Living DNA is suggesting we come from. Family resemblances are reflecting no infusion of any Indian/asian etc 'NPE'. Living DNA, themselves are showing nothing but 100% European......??? My Y-H2 Haplogroup has already been changed a number of times, from F*, F3 to recently H2 from 2013, Have they got it right..? seems it conflicts with there own, and significant other evidence. There is also another lad from Scotland he also is confused due to receiving the same Y-H2 Haplogroup recently from Living DNA... How do I find out, wether they got it right or not .. If this is my actual Y DNA Haplogroup, which a lot of evidence seems to dispute or have a serious confliction with, and not least the true region of its, or my Ancestral Journey.

updated 15th Nov 2017.

Last edited:
Well did LivingDNA actually say you are some kind of H other than H2? If not, it sounds like they gave you a generic haplogroup H spiel which is not appropriate to H2. Did you email them about it? - sounds like something they should fix.

Living DNA inform me my fatherline is Y Haplogroup H, Subclade H2. Have e-mailed them but they argue " I am very confident that it is a correct diagnosis, the Orion testing chips are extraordinary accurate". In the same reply they then admit they gave me an incorrect description for H2, mistakenly describing H1a1, and said "be assured this is being looked into and will be fixed as soon as possible". I then received the book wrongly describing a Haplogroup that has nothing to do with mine, but used to describe my own Ancestral Haplogroup Journey, same problem with my mtDNA. The H1c3, mapp clearly shows a mtDNA journey into the Finnland,Baltic region, but no information regarding this, other than a description it was found predominately, and originating in Europe 16,500 years ago, but then describing that it is found mostly in North Africa etc . My recent Family Ancestry on both my Y and mt DNA is mainly found in the North East, Yorkshire,Lincolnshire, East Anglia, and Scotland, but although they show 'Northumbrian Ancestry', they ignore the area's especially around York itself, and the southern part of Northumbria, below the Tees river,( York is the traditional capital of Northumbria ) but indicate this area ( Northumbria ) as the North East of England only. The the Southern area of Northumbria, includes quite a lot of my recent family Ancestry especially over the last few hundred years, but none shown in this region, or any whatsoever in the 'Southern Northumbria area's which it should, if they tested 10 generations as they indicated and led me to believe they would, but instead only tested 5-6 generations which is a possible reason it has not shown.

. I am totally confused as the results I have been provided with, from Living DNA, are seriously conflicting with my family History on paper, and now making me review years and years of research..? If my H or H2, Y-Haplogroup, is from the India/Asian region, you would think there would be trace elements in my overall Living DNA test, including the 5-6 generations they did test, But even their own results dissprove their descriptions of my Ancestry having found no origins or trace of my own DNA in the area's they are informing me of I have Ancestry, ie my DNA is reported as 100% European, and 100% British & Irish, no other area's....strange and confusing.

Updated 15th Nov 2017. I Just checked ftdna Y-H maps, again and there is no Y- H2 in England or Scotland showing, but I am Y-H2, in England, and a lad from Scotland has also recently been reported as Y-H2.

Last edited:
Through my mother: J1B1 ... It seems to be quite unusual, by the looks of this poll. Hope that's a cool thing, lol

A Norfolk L-M20 said ;

[ Y haplogroup L. My path L+M20+M22+M317+SK1412+SK1414. 117 novel SNPs. My terminal SK1414 is shared with a Baluchi speaking guy in Makran SW Pakistan. My nearest 111 STR marker comes from Birjand, Eastern Iran. I'm English with only English known ancestry. ]

That's interesting ! The ultimate basal root of the Graham's. J-YSC76 is also ( J-Z18186 ) Balochi.

A Norfolk L-M20 said ;

[ Y haplogroup L. My path L+M20+M22+M317+SK1412+SK1414. 117 novel SNPs. My terminal SK1414 is shared with a Baluchi speaking guy in Makran SW Pakistan. My nearest 111 STR marker comes from Birjand, Eastern Iran. I'm English with only English known ancestry. ]

That's interesting! The ultimate basal root of the Graham's. J-YSC76 is also ( J-Z18186 ) Balochi.

Very interesting, so what's your theory ? Roman mercenaries ? that's usually the explanation for any out of place haplogroup in Britian.

Very interesting, so what's your theory ? Roman mercenaries ? that's usually the explanation for any out of place haplogroup in Britian.

I give about a 97 % chance it's either Sarmatians from Roman times or Normans descended from the closely related Alans .And the 3 % is for God alone knows , which could include Taifels ,or any of several other steppe remnants mixed with Germanic tribes.As you might expect I get a lot of odd theories , explanations and possibilities and although most of them are highly unlikely not many can be absolutely ruled out completely .

I ran my Ancestry raw data through Morley's subclade predictor

Nat geo specifically identified my y-haplogroup R-F1794; a subclade of R-M269. But it was absolutely terrible in everything else; very little information, vague, and broad autosomal results. So unless you're set on finding out your Y-haplogroup, I wouldn't recommend it.

Nat geo specifically identified my y-haplogroup R-F1794; a subclade of R-M269. But it was absolutely terrible in everything else; very little information, vague, and broad autosomal results. So unless you're set on finding out your Y-haplogroup, I wouldn't recommend it.

Happy Thanksgiving.
NatGeo was correct about the basic core of my Ancestry.
Other companies told me where my genes are spread out.
Every Calculators has given me different results.
Unscientific Speculations, in my opinion. Too much bad information.
But more or less all results are a reflection of my NatGeo basic Ancestry.
NatGeo Is Ok.
The Quality of Info is more important than the Quantity.
[emoji2]

R1b >M269 > P312 > U152 > L2 > DF103
Not much of a surprise, considering I was born within an hour's drive from "Gergovia", the oppidum close to which Gaulish leader Vercingetorix defeated the legions of Julius Caesar (who then defeated him at Alesia).
Only thing is... I'm not too sure which of the two teams my hg is descended from.

Mine is P-P295

This thread has been viewed 89543 times.

Back