What is the main haplogroup of Cucuteni-Trypillian (Tripolye) culture?

Pick main hg of Cucuteni.

• E1b1b

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • G2a

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • I1

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I2

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • J1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J2

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • N1c

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Q

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R1a

• R1b

• T

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
If Y-E1b-V13 and its proper ancestors were in Europe since Mesolithic or even earlier, I think its focus was rather in Southeastern Europe than in Iberia or around. The East-West rather light propagation of it during Cardial seems a good guess for me. Its made its route also in Central Europe at Middle-Late Neolithic but its expansion in East-Central Europe (Danube + Balkans, East Carpathians and West Ukraine, which justitifes it today distribution) would date only of the transition Bronze Iron, IMO.
Not sure it moved in a pure gang of E-V13 at BA/IA. Rather associated with other Y-haplos. More DNA from LN/ChC/BA in central Europe would be welcome.

I am R1b (L-23), which is ultimately Yamna derived I guess. But I would think Cucuteni is mainly something different, pre IE, like I2 and G2a...

I am R1b (L-23), which is ultimately Yamna derived I guess. But I would think Cucuteni is mainly something different, pre IE, like I2 and G2a...

I agree. But we have not too musch data to date concerning Y-haplo's.
What appears is that females fo the 'steppic' groups were incorporated in the CTC (the symetric case occurred also sometimes among the closest 'Steppics' (in a time when the linguistic nature of these last ones is not too sure); these 'Steppics' were rather of Mesolithical culture at first, and some of them appeared very soon too in Hungary under a form which favoured the (W/E-HG element rather than the CHG one, in the physical aspect).

Northern Lengyel or Tripolye-Cucuteni survivals is still the most likely scenario for E-V13 survival into the Bronze Age, though I tend to prefer Northern Lengyel by now for various reasons. Even if E1b1b would be found, it might not be the right ancestor to modern E-V13. But the case is not closed yet.

I think (without any proof todate) that Y-E-V13 was not in CTC and reached in number these regions later from a more central or south-central position in "classical" Europe (Carpathian Bassin by instance, around BA/IA transition after conservation during Lengyel?); when I say "in number" it's to say to explain the today %'s between Romania and Ukraina. SO I agree with Riverman for a big part.

This thread has been viewed 77676 times.

Back