Thread: FTDNA confirmed me as E-L117

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish

FTDNA confirmed me as E-L117

Had a 67 markers that got back today, I'm most likely E-L117, what does that stand for? Is it a subclade of V-13 or M34? Where is it most common?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    Had a 67 markers that got back today, I'm most likely E-L117, what does that stand for? Is it a subclade of V-13 or M34? Where is it most common?
    Well done for having done the tests. Its annoying when that happens and probably your final haplogroup is not confirmed. However you are more likely to fall under the Balkan Marker E-V13 group. However this group also exist within Jewish groups as a minority (Generally speaking).

Check this out. https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults

you can now start joining groups and check your matches (most probably more with E-V13)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Well done for having done the tests. Its annoying when that happens and probably your final haplogroup is not confirmed. However you are more likely to fall under the Balkan Marker E-V13 group. However this group also exist within Jewish groups as a minority (Generally speaking).

Check this out. https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    Thanks, I used haplozone and it seems I fall under Jewish cluster Z830 Cluster A (formerly E1b1b1 Cluster C), however I'm not sure where and when it originated.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Thanks, I used haplozone and it seems I fall under Jewish cluster Z830 Cluster A (formerly E1b1b1 Cluster C), however I'm not sure where and when it originated.
    Did you log in your FTDNA page and checked the ydna matches there? what do they say? I am E-V13 confirmed and my first closest matches are E-L117 Germany at 0, France and Italy at 1 genetic distance

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

E-L117 is the same as E-M35.1, so it's just plain E1b1b1. The deep subclade hasn't been determined. I recommend that you join the FTDNA E1b1b1 project. The admins will probably be able to determine your subclade with your 67 markers data. If your paternal line is Jewish, you are probably E-M34 under E-M123.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

The many who has E-L117 in the Ftdna north-italy project and claim jewish, state it is sephatic
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    E-L117 is the same as E-M35.1, so it's just plain E1b1b1. The deep subclade hasn't been determined. I recommend that you join the FTDNA E1b1b1 project. The admins will probably be able to determine your subclade with your 67 markers data. If your paternal line is Jewish, you are probably E-M34 under E-M123.
    I asked the admin of the E3b project and she predicted that I'm E-Z830-A, which is a Jewish cluster and a subclade of Z827.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

I asked the admin of the E3b project and she predicted that I'm E-Z830-A, which is a Jewish cluster and a subclade of Z827.
    Seems like they can be pretty accurate without having to test for more. Here is a thread in the Double Helix forum you might find interesting.

http://community.haplozone.net/index.php?topic=3896.0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    interesting info on E-L117 marker

http://dna-explained.com/2015/07/07/...l-dna-markers/

In some cases, almost everyone in a particular group has a zero at that location. In the case of marker 425, the value of 0 is almost universally found in haplogroup E-L117, downstream of E-M35, as you can see in the Jewish haplogroup E project.