First ancient DNA results from pre-Roman Celtic and Anglo-Saxon England

Coming back to Britain - percent of carriers of MC1R red hair mutations by country:

attachment.php

just to split hairs:
thanks, but it does not check my phoenotypes statements, Ireland is the denser red hairs country as a whole - (except some hotspots in poorly populated Scottish Highlands) - Wales have hotspots too, in West, but they never go higher than the most of Ireland (the les in ireland: South east) - the only explanation is some of the mutations causing red hairs have not been taken in account (BritainDNA did the same thing). other explanations, perhaps better:"my" phoenotypes I refer too are based upon an allover population as opposed to their surveys based upon some regions where they took only the "genuine" previous inhabitants? for Wales it could have heavy weight indeed (the industrial and big cities South has far less % of red hairs tha the remnant).
&: when I looked at "english" born sportmen, separating "Celts" surnames from "English" surnames bearers I saw a higher ratio of red hairs among the former

To come back to the thread, I find weird poor Anglo-saxon families could have migrated to Britain at those times, in search of a better life.
if they were the result of a Roman policy they would have been perceptible before the recorded time in the survey. And Britain was already an island, so the comparisons with continental ancient borders with Germanics infiltration are not the best ones at first sight - I don't speak about the comparison with more recent facts! -
I believe the first Saxons and cousins came as mercenaries, males only, at first. After, as seem some study saying, females joined them, or families, as in the case of Orcades concerning Vikings -
the 'Saxons' studied here seem of slightly different periods? I have to red it again to be sure.

This thread has been viewed 17776 times.

Back