Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Citizen of the world
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b Z2109
mtDNA haplogroup
H1c
In a year 2000 many leaders from around the globe got together and set few urgent goals to improve humankind.

Millennium Development Goals

• 1Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
  • 2Achieve universal primary education.
  • 3Promote gender equality and empower women.
  • 4Reduce child mortality.
  • 5Improve maternal health.
  • 6Combat HIV / AIDS, malaria and other diseases.
  • 7Ensure environmental sustainability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Development_Goals
http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/news.shtml

It's been 15 years since, so lets have a look at the global report.

Extreme poverty: In 1990, nearly half of the population in the developing regions lived on less than $1.25 a day. Thisrate dropped to 14 per cent in 2015. Globally, the number of people living in extreme poverty has declined by more thanhalf, falling from 1.9 billion in 1990 to 836 million in 2015, with most progress occurring since 2000.

Hunger: The proportion of undernourished people in the developing regions has fallen by almost half since 1990, from23.3 per cent in 1990–1992 to 12.9 per cent in 2014–2016.MDG 2: Achieve universal primary education

Primary school enrolment: In the developing regions, the primary school net enrolment rate has reached 91 per cent in2015, up from 83 per cent in 2000.X

Gender equality in education: Many more girls are now in school compared with 15 years ago. In Southern Asia, only74 girls were enrolled in primary school for every 100 boys in 1990, but today, there are 103 girls for every 100 boys.

Women’s employment: In 2015, women make up 41 per cent of paid employments outside the agriculture sector, anincrease from 35 per cent in 1990.

Child mortality rate: Globally, the under-five mortality rate dropped from 90 to 43 deaths per 1,000 live births between1990 and 2015. Despite population growth in the developing regions, the number of deaths of children under five declinedfrom 12.7 million in 1990 to almost 6 million in 2015 globally.

Infectious diseases: Measles vaccination helped prevent nearly 15.6 million deaths between 2000 and 2013. The numberof globally reported measles cases declined by 67 per cent. About 84 per cent of children worldwide received at least onedose of measles-containing vaccine in 2013, up from 73 per cent in 2000.

HIV: New infections fell approximately by 40 per cent between 2000 and 2013, from an estimated3.5 million cases to 2.1 million.

Tuberculosis: Between 2000 and 2013, tuberculosis prevention, diagnosis and treatment interventions saved an estimated37 million lives. The tuberculosis mortality rate fell by 45 per cent and the prevalence rate fell by 41 per cent between1990 and 2013.MDG 7: Ensure environmental sustainability

Drinking water: In 2015, more than 90 per cent of the global population is using an improved drinking water source,compared to around three-quarters in 1990.

:grin:

I am sorry, but do you actually believe this rubbish? From wikipedia at that, a site any goof can write up & edit. Most of these "stats" are junk posted by governments / organizations to make it seem as if we're doing better and to appease to the average joe in saying "yes, we're great". But you're like every other average person, post / believe the pretty and ignore the blatant ugly truth.1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger..... 3 to 5 million kids alone starve to death yearly. According to WPF 795 million people go hungry every year... that hardly seems as if we combated anything outside of sugar coating the truth. 2. Achieve universal primary education... hahaha nearly 800 million people will never see the inside of a classroom if their lives depended upon it, a year. 3. Promote gender equality and empower women... is this some sort of a joke? Or are we blatantly saying that India and other mid-west/asian countries don't exist? Did you know WPF says if female farmers had the same resources as male farmers, world starvation would be a mere 150 million. That's a blatant indication that equality is a thing of people's dreams and fairy worlds. 4. Reduce child mortality... sure, we did. We also have a considerable increase in child abuse ... 6+ million kids are [sexually] abused yearly in the US alone by their biological parents. So if such a "life" is preferred above death, one needs their head examined. Not to mention that thanks to welfare a growing number of upcoming generations won't achieve much... I know of a number of family [grandparents, parents and kids] who are on welfare and wouldn't get a job if their lives depended upon it. Not to mention - I have nothing against such people - the number of people being born with mental / physical disabilities [and later reproducing themselves] is increasing NOT decreasing with our health care / support meaning the gene pool is forever getting weaker... cruel as it sounds life 100+ years ago was much better when the strong would survive [I mean it was a trend a few years ago to birth children without brains... how is that a life]5. Improve maternal health... yes tell that to the women in India whom have undergone a sort of chop-shop sterilization [the lower class] whom are dying of improper surgeries and infections. Or how about the mothers of 3rd world countries? Oh we don't have to bother with them... how about the scandal that has being going on in the UK involving the shoddy health care to new mothers & babes and the blatant ignorance of so called "midwives"6. Combat HIV / AIDS, malaria and other diseases... seriously? A few months ago there was talk of a freaking plague outbreak. Not to mention a drug resistent TB strain. There are anywhere from 8 to 10 diseases that I know of we as a species generally considered defeated which are making a comeback in modern generations. HIV/AIDS - keep dreaming. The fact that we couldn't properly combat it during the 80s when dozens of singers raised 80 million in 1985 [which is nearly 200 million today] says something. Malaria is STILL a very serious threat. Not to mention so called organizations [WHO] have no idea how to handle outbreaks - the stupidity surrounding the ebola outbreak [not closing the borders, particularly when people can travel from infected spot A to uninfected spot B and jump on a plane easily - when ebola can take nearly a month to manifest] - speaks volumes of our combating such issues. Also the blatant lying by WHO and other organizations on how infectious ebola was makes me laugh. 7. Ensure environmental sustainability... this is a snicker worthy comment. This is exactly why we're turning to fracking - which the average simple joe doesn't realize causes more damage than previous methods. Or the fact that we are facing extinction for a LARGE number of species in the next 50 years. Not to mention our livestock / food is a severely weakened - rather pathetic - version of what existed only 50 to 100 years ago. The amount of pesticide and drugs pumped into our food so that it survives long enough to be harvasted is disgusting while 50 years ago that same livestock was hardy enough to exist without such meddling. I mean you probably are not aware of the FDA's report on how farmers were feeding chickens arsenic to make them plump... they try saying that that arsenic leaves through digestion, however, arsenic is not like other heavy metals that just pass through - soluble arsenic is absorbed into the bloodstream and into the body. Arsenic leaves the body via urine, yes, however, being excessively fed arsenic as these chickens were means that what lasts in the body continually grows & grows higher in number.8. Drinking water. Those stats come from WHO - the same organization too stupid to handle the ebola outbreak probably. I mean they had "doctors" - and yes, I put doctors in quotes because they must have being quacks or rather stupid - interacting with the locals in infected areas without any protective gear on. As it is, that is a blatant lie. If it was the truth people in Africa and other 3rd world countries would not be suffering a wide variety of water-based illnesses yearly. Even in developed countries water can be polluted - a perfect example being Canada and their aboriginals. Or even city water... those bleach smells people always smell from their tap water, that's a way to combat bacteria and other pollutants in water [I worked in an environmental lab where water sampling was our main process].

Promote gender equality and empower women.

As long as it is about equality of opportunities - of course, here I agree.

But promoting equality or even identicality of outcomes - which is so popular nowadays - is just plain stupid.

BTW, it is not that women have worse outcomes, just more average. There are a lot of rich men and a lot of poor men, while women are statistically more average, and there are both fewer poor women than poor men, and fewer rich women than rich men.

I am sorry, but do you actually believe this rubbish? From wikipedia at that, a site any goof can write up & edit. Most of these "stats" are junk posted by governments / organizations to make it seem as if we're doing better and to appease to the average joe in saying "yes, we're great". But you're like every other average person, post / believe the pretty and ignore the blatant ugly truth.1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger..... 3 to 5 million kids alone starve to death yearly. According to WPF 795 million people go hungry every year... that hardly seems as if we combated anything outside of sugar coating the truth. 2. Achieve universal primary education... hahaha nearly 800 million people will never see the inside of a classroom if their lives depended upon it, a year. 3. Promote gender equality and empower women... is this some sort of a joke? Or are we blatantly saying that India and other mid-west/asian countries don't exist? Did you know WPF says if female farmers had the same resources as male farmers, world starvation would be a mere 150 million. That's a blatant indication that equality is a thing of people's dreams and fairy worlds. 4. Reduce child mortality... sure, we did. We also have a considerable increase in child abuse ... 6+ million kids are [sexually] abused yearly in the US alone by their biological parents. So if such a "life" is preferred above death, one needs their head examined. Not to mention that thanks to welfare a growing number of upcoming generations won't achieve much... I know of a number of family [grandparents, parents and kids] who are on welfare and wouldn't get a job if their lives depended upon it. Not to mention - I have nothing against such people - the number of people being born with mental / physical disabilities [and later reproducing themselves] is increasing NOT decreasing with our health care / support meaning the gene pool is forever getting weaker... cruel as it sounds life 100+ years ago was much better when the strong would survive [I mean it was a trend a few years ago to birth children without brains... how is that a life]5. Improve maternal health... yes tell that to the women in India whom have undergone a sort of chop-shop sterilization [the lower class] whom are dying of improper surgeries and infections. Or how about the mothers of 3rd world countries? Oh we don't have to bother with them... how about the scandal that has being going on in the UK involving the shoddy health care to new mothers & babes and the blatant ignorance of so called "midwives"6. Combat HIV / AIDS, malaria and other diseases... seriously? A few months ago there was talk of a freaking plague outbreak. Not to mention a drug resistent TB strain. There are anywhere from 8 to 10 diseases that I know of we as a species generally considered defeated which are making a comeback in modern generations. HIV/AIDS - keep dreaming. The fact that we couldn't properly combat it during the 80s when dozens of singers raised 80 million in 1985 [which is nearly 200 million today] says something. Malaria is STILL a very serious threat. Not to mention so called organizations [WHO] have no idea how to handle outbreaks - the stupidity surrounding the ebola outbreak [not closing the borders, particularly when people can travel from infected spot A to uninfected spot B and jump on a plane easily - when ebola can take nearly a month to manifest] - speaks volumes of our combating such issues. Also the blatant lying by WHO and other organizations on how infectious ebola was makes me laugh. 7. Ensure environmental sustainability... this is a snicker worthy comment. This is exactly why we're turning to fracking - which the average simple joe doesn't realize causes more damage than previous methods. Or the fact that we are facing extinction for a LARGE number of species in the next 50 years. Not to mention our livestock / food is a severely weakened - rather pathetic - version of what existed only 50 to 100 years ago. The amount of pesticide and drugs pumped into our food so that it survives long enough to be harvasted is disgusting while 50 years ago that same livestock was hardy enough to exist without such meddling. I mean you probably are not aware of the FDA's report on how farmers were feeding chickens arsenic to make them plump... they try saying that that arsenic leaves through digestion, however, arsenic is not like other heavy metals that just pass through - soluble arsenic is absorbed into the bloodstream and into the body. Arsenic leaves the body via urine, yes, however, being excessively fed arsenic as these chickens were means that what lasts in the body continually grows & grows higher in number.8. Drinking water. Those stats come from WHO - the same organization too stupid to handle the ebola outbreak probably. I mean they had "doctors" - and yes, I put doctors in quotes because they must have being quacks or rather stupid - interacting with the locals in infected areas without any protective gear on. As it is, that is a blatant lie. If it was the truth people in Africa and other 3rd world countries would not be suffering a wide variety of water-based illnesses yearly. Even in developed countries water can be polluted - a perfect example being Canada and their aboriginals. Or even city water... those bleach smells people always smell from their tap water, that's a way to combat bacteria and other pollutants in water [I worked in an environmental lab where water sampling was our main process].
Did you completely miss the logic behind these comparable statistics?! Nobody claims that poverty or inequality doesn't exist anymore. It states that there are fewer instances of these things today than few decades ago. That's all.
You are free to post statistics and research to promote your point of view, and convince me of my inaccurate knowlage. Otherwise your rants like the one above will be taken as written be some angry, pessimistic, blind, lost, misinformed, environmental or other sort activist.

As long as it is about equality of opportunities - of course, here I agree.

But promoting equality or even identicality of outcomes - which is so popular nowadays - is just plain stupid.

BTW, it is not that women have worse outcomes, just more average. There are a lot of rich men and a lot of poor men, while women are statistically more average, and there are both fewer poor women than poor men, and fewer rich women than rich men.
Before we can grade women financial achievements, let's give them some more. It's been just decades from winning equal opportunities and qualities. They still find misogynistic barriers in business community, witch was traditionally dominated by men.
Otherwise I'm for equal opportunity and treatment and rest being left to skills and hard work of every man and women.

This thread has been viewed 4848 times.

Back