Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Gedrosian+Caucasian - a single admixture?

  1. #1
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poznan
    Posts
    5,379

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    1 members found this post helpful.

    Gedrosian+Caucasian - a single admixture?

    When I look at Eupedia maps of Gedrosian admixture and then of Cacuasian admixture, I can see that they show high Caucasian admixture in places with low Gedrosian admixture, and high Gedrosian admixture in places with low Caucasian admixture.

    I'm wondering if it is not just some kind of error, because here user Kurd explains, that it is practically the same thing:

    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...E-RESULTS-HERE

    3- You will notice that Caucasus/Gedrosia is a single component. This is due to the fact that Caucasus and Gedrosia are not very differentiated signals, and I did not take extra measures to attempt to separate them.
    So perhaps calculators which distinguish Caucasian from Gedrosian, differentiate between them in very strange ways, and assign to some populations only Gedrosian, while to some populations only Caucasian, while in fact both have the same ancient origin.

    Perhaps this should be counted as one and the same admixture, just like Kurd did in his Eurasia K20 calculator.

    How would an admixture map counting Caucasian+Gedrosian as the same thing look like ???

  2. #2
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Yep, we've been addressing this issue few times. It seems that calculators are confused about these two admixtures. As you said it might be a single component. A characteristic component of IEs.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  3. #3
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    When I look at Eupedia maps of Gedrosian admixture and then of Cacuasian admixture, I can see that they show high Caucasian admixture in places with low Gedrosian admixture, and high Gedrosian admixture in places with low Caucasian admixture.


    I'm wondering if it is not just some kind of error, because here user Kurd explains, that it is practically the same thing:

    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...E-RESULTS-HERE



    So perhaps calculators which distinguish Caucasian from Gedrosian, differentiate between them in very strange ways, and assign to some populations only Gedrosian, while to some populations only Caucasian, while in fact both have the same ancient origin.

    Perhaps this should be counted as one and the same admixture, just like Kurd did in his Eurasia K20 calculator.

    How would an admixture map counting Caucasian+Gedrosian as the same thing look like ???
    That is the best indication that it is almost the same because where Caucasus is high there is no need for allot of Gedrosia since those components replace each other. Based on fst Distance they are very close. And both of them are one component in the lower up until k12b.

    Both Caucasus and Gedrosia are basically a mixture of EEF and ANE. Just Caucasus is more like 80% EEF and 20% ANE, while Gedrosia is 60/40 EEF/Gedrosia.

    Gedrosia/Caucasus/Atlantic_Med mixture is more linked to herders while Atlantic_Med/Caucasus more to cereal farmers. The division of proto Caucaso-Gedrosian into Caucasus and Gedrosia is probably very recent, around the late Neolithic.

  4. #4
    Elite member arvistro's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-14
    Posts
    1,004


    Country: Latvia



    Just adding both Eupedia maps for reference here:
    Caucasus
    Caucasian-admixture.jpg

    Gedrosia

    Gedrosian-admixture.jpg

  5. #5
    Elite member arvistro's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-14
    Posts
    1,004


    Country: Latvia



    How I would interpret both admixtures:
    Caucasus seems to follow Early Farmers. Although it peaks in Georgia (?), further it decreases in following direction:
    Caucasus -> Anatolia -> Greece/Italy/Balkans -> Romania/Moldova -> East Europe/Baltics

    Gedrosia is strange. It peaks East Caucasus and probably further East. And then there is another local peak in UK.
    One node is East Caucasus -> Caucasus -> Anatolia
    Other node is ... -> UK -> West Europe

    ..and then there is thingy about Gedrosia rich folk in Baltics during Corded Ware which got replaced with 0 Gedrosia folk later.

  6. #6
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    How I would interpret both admixtures:
    Caucasus seems to follow Early Farmers. Although it peaks in Georgia (?), further it decreases in following direction:
    Caucasus -> Anatolia -> Greece/Italy/Balkans -> Romania/Moldova -> East Europe/Baltics

    Gedrosia is strange. It peaks East Caucasus and probably further East. And then there is another local peak in UK.
    One node is East Caucasus -> Caucasus -> Anatolia
    Other node is ... -> UK -> West Europe

    ..and then there is thingy about Gedrosia rich folk in Baltics during Corded Ware which got replaced with 0 Gedrosia folk later.
    IIRC they were both missing in first farmers.

  7. #7
    Elite member arvistro's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-14
    Posts
    1,004


    Country: Latvia



    I know. Perhaps EEF was component in Caucasus, and something else in Gedrosia.

  8. #8
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    Just adding both Eupedia maps for reference here:
    Caucasus
    Caucasian-admixture.jpg

    Gedrosia

    Gedrosian-admixture.jpg

    I realized that the Caucasus map is incorrect for the Iranian Plateau. Caucasus reaches 37% in Behar Iranians (Behar confirmed they are from South Iran). On the map howecer it shows 20-30%

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s9M/edit#gid=0

  9. #9
    Elite member arvistro's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-14
    Posts
    1,004


    Country: Latvia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    IIRC they were both missing in first farmers.
    But Kennewick and Anwick man both had Gedrosia at around 8% and 0% Caucasus.
    Interesting.

  10. #10
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Caucasus has the same distribution of West Asian.
    These are the same components (peaks in Caucasus indeed) while Gedrosian peaks among the Balochis.
    Sicilians and mainlander Southern Italian phenotype galleries.

    http://italicroots.lefora.com/topic/1111/Re-Groups-of-Sicilians
    http://italicroots.lefora.com/topic/375/Southern-italians-how-we-really-look

  11. #11
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    But Kennewick and Anwick man both had Gedrosia at around 8% and 0% Caucasus.
    Interesting.
    I think Gedrosia used to be more eastern/central Asia. Caucasian was more southern/caucasus/middle eastern. If anything ancestors of Ameridians had contact with Gedrosia people but not with Caucasian.

  12. #12
    Regular Member PaschalisB's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-01-12
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    135

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-CTS9320
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Greece



    They are not the same component in the calculator used to make these maps (Dodecad K12b). Caucasus came to Europe with the neolithic farmers. Gedrosia came during the Iron Age.

  13. #13
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy


  14. #14
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by PaschalisB View Post
    They are not the same component in the calculator used to make these maps (Dodecad K12b). Caucasus came to Europe with the neolithic farmers. Gedrosia came during the Iron Age.
    Did Caucasian (not Caucasus) come in early or late Neolithic?

  15. #15
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    I can't log in, and probably many others. What does it say?

  16. #16
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Ok here is that image above about Caucasus and Gedrosian.

    free image hosting

  17. #17
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I can't log in, and probably many others. What does it say?
    It's that map
    11802128_861282573921229_593805277_n.jpg

  18. #18
    Elite member arvistro's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-08-14
    Posts
    1,004


    Country: Latvia



    Btw, do we have 12k for Turkish early farmer? Does he show any Caucasus/Gedrosia?

    As a side note Gedrosia shows up in Mesolithic EHGs if I am not mistaken. Long before iron age.

  19. #19
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Did Caucasian (not Caucasus) come in early or late Neolithic?
    As I wrote above. Some Caucasus came with the early Neolithic cereal farmers while Gedrosia with the late Neolithic herders. cereal farmers= Atlantic_Med, Caucasus and some NW African/SW Asian. late Neolithic herders = Gedrosia, Caucasus and Atlantic_Med.

  20. #20
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post

    Gedrosia is strange. It peaks East Caucasus and probably further East. And then there is another local peak in UK.

    Gedrosia peaks in the Southeastern corner of the Iranian Plateau (Balochistan in Western Asia). But take in mind where a component peaks nowadays is not where it originates. Balochis are a NW Iranic speaking tribe and in combination to their oral stories of coming from Kurdistan It seems very likely that this component had it's peak somewhere here.

  21. #21
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Hauteville View Post
    Gedrosia basically peaks in Balochi territory. Balochistan which was always considered part of the Iranian plateau. Modern state borders do not really play a significant role for that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balochistan

    The same with Caucasus it peaks in West/Northwest Caucasus and is stretched too far into Northeast Caucasian territory (where Gedrosia has another peak at almost 30%).

  22. #22
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    Btw, do we have 12k for Turkish early farmer? Does he show any Caucasus/Gedrosia?

    As a side note Gedrosia shows up in Mesolithic EHGs if I am not mistaken. Long before iron age.

    This is why I am saying that R1b and R1a are connected to a pre EHG component which is close to Gedrosia. It doesn't need to be Gedrosia proper but it's a component very similar to it and probably formed Gedrosia. In every ancient R1 and R2 population (expect for maybe the Iberian Neolithic sample) you find a signficant portion of Gedrosia. And since the Iberian Neolithic farmer with R1b V88 had no Gedrosia but Caucasus it seems to me very plausible that this Haplogroup went there from a contact region or even place of common origin of these Caucasus and Gedrosia components.

  23. #23
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Gedrosia basically peaks in Balochi territory. Balochistan which was always considered part of the Iranian plateau. Modern state borders do not really play a significant role for that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balochistan

    The same with Caucasus it peaks in West/Northwest Caucasus and is stretched too far into Northeast Caucasian territory (where Gedrosia has another peak at almost 30%).
    It's a map made by anthrogenica's users not by me.

  24. #24
    Elite member Hauteville's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-11-14
    Posts
    820

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Gedrosia peaks in the Southeastern corner of the Iranian Plateau (Balochistan in Western Asia). But take in mind where a component peaks nowadays is not where it originates. Balochis are a NW Iranic speaking tribe and in combination to their oral stories of coming from Kurdistan It seems very likely that this component had it's peak somewhere here.
    These are Balochis?
    https://camel4all.files.wordpress.co...music-pipe.jpg

  25. #25
    Elite member
    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,508

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Hauteville View Post
    Yes, Balochis usually look like Kurds with a significant Indian type admixture in their look. Since they have something between 10-23% (depending on the Calculator) Indian admixture in them from Indian Muslims who fled from India to Balochistan. There is also a very small minority of people of Sub Saharan(among the Makrani group) among the Balochi.

    Here some Balochis from Pakistan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw0lHUomjWI
    Last edited by Alan; 02-08-15 at 23:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •