Gedrosian+Caucasian - a single admixture?

Btw, do we have 12k for Turkish early farmer? Does he show any Caucasus/Gedrosia?

As a side note Gedrosia shows up in Mesolithic EHGs if I am not mistaken. Long before iron age.

This is why I am saying that R1b and R1a are connected to a pre EHG component which is close to Gedrosia. It doesn't need to be Gedrosia proper but it's a component very similar to it and probably formed Gedrosia. In every ancient R1 and R2 population (expect for maybe the Iberian Neolithic sample) you find a signficant portion of Gedrosia. And since the Iberian Neolithic farmer with R1b V88 had no Gedrosia but Caucasus it seems to me very plausible that this Haplogroup went there from a contact region or even place of common origin of these Caucasus and Gedrosia components.

Gedrosia basically peaks in Balochi territory. Balochistan which was always considered part of the Iranian plateau. Modern state borders do not really play a significant role for that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balochistan

The same with Caucasus it peaks in West/Northwest Caucasus and is stretched too far into Northeast Caucasian territory (where Gedrosia has another peak at almost 30%).
It's a map made by anthrogenica's users not by me.

Yes, Balochis usually look like Kurds with a significant Indian type admixture in their look. Since they have something between 10-23% (depending on the Calculator) Indian admixture in them from Indian Muslims who fled from India to Balochistan. There is also a very small minority of people of Sub Saharan(among the Makrani group) among the Balochi.

Here some Balochis from Pakistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw0lHUomjWI

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses guys!

I gave my points (non identity between Caucasus and Gedrosia, at the origin) in another thread (maybe in a thread about Corded and today Balts). If of some use.

effectively, a more Northern position than today Baluchistan, somewhere in southern Steppes or North the Hindu Kush...

This thread has been viewed 17609 times.

Back