Where do I post Benelux language and place questions?

linicx

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Belgium, England, Scotland
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a and R1b
An article written a few years ago about a 1605 court meeting. It was phrased as a wife's dowry that was divided at/by Schepenbank in Overpelt. A representative from the local Abby was present, as were the widow's adult children.
It was also stated the marriage and birth records were entered by a scribe at Saint Martins Church at Overpelt. To complicate this a little further is a Dutch family historian and author who was born and raised not far from Overpelt. One of his e-mails one day read, "This is how your Nederlanders became Belgians.

Here are the problems:
1-Sintmartinuskerk and Sheppenbank in Netherlands. The Scheepenen was dissolved after France was defeated and Belgium emerged.
2- Saint Martins Basilica in Belgium. No Sheppenbank. The family records to ca 1640 are at Hasselt. I was told all the records from Nederland are in the Cheif Archivist there.
3- Death of Count of Loon/Looz and the land transfer to the Liege Bishopric.

I would like to learn the truth. I've been chasing the for years. What I want to know is where were the ancestors wee born between 1550 and 1630.

What do you mean when you ask "Where do I post Benelux language...?"? First of all, there is no Benelux language, any more than there is a Canadian-American language, a Graeco-Roman language, or a Balkan language. If you are looking to get a family history document translated from Dutch, French, or another language into English, I don't think many people would mind if you posted it here.

This thread has been viewed 2918 times.

Back