Female Infertility

MtDNA

Flagmaker of Haplogroups
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Persian
mtDNA haplogroup
U2e1
Are there any genetic mutations known to cause female infertility.

All of the women in my paternal line, going back many generations, were infertile. Has anyone ever heard of such a case before? Where can that infertility mutation that affects only women, and is somehow passed to every son and daughter, be located?
Also, please share your infertility stories.

I'm sure there are/will be discovered tens if not hundreds of genes affecting infertility. Many things can go wrong in man and woman in this regard.

Are there any genetic mutations known to cause female infertility.

All of the women in my paternal line, going back many generations, were infertile. Has anyone ever heard of such a case before? Where can that infertility mutation that affects only women, and is somehow passed to every son and daughter, be located?
Also, please share your infertility stories.

There is some evidence that female mutations of the vulvar can create infertility .................maybe a reason of low numbers of people among muslim ( my thoughts)( a form of birth control , maybe ?)

I think the Shah of Iran divorced his first wife Suraiya because of infertility. With so many restrictions on women in Islamic countries somehow it could be a factor in creating an unfavorable environment for women to have babies.

American men also have this infertility issue. Maybe it is the tight jeans they wear according to some doctors as warm genital areas somehow affect the sperm quality and quantity.

Every woman with my last name, in the same paternal line, is infertile. The mutation cannot be in autosomal DNA, nor XY dna. Is there any extrochromosomal gene-encoding DNA packet that is always transferred from father to child?

Every woman with my last name, in the same paternal line, is infertile. The mutation cannot be in autosomal DNA, nor XY dna. Is there any extrochromosomal gene-encoding DNA packet that is always transferred from father to child?
It can be autosomal. Half of autosomal DNA comes from father, 25% from his father, 12.5% from his father and so on. A bad autosomal gene can linger around through good few generations.

It can be autosomal. Half of autosomal DNA comes from father, 25% from his father, 12.5% from his father and so on. A bad autosomal gene can linger around through good few generations.

Then how come it is tranfered to all children? If it was autosomal, it could only come from one parent, the father, since women with it are infertile. That would mean any carrier male would be heterozygous. Only half of his daughter would be affected, and half of his sons would be carriers.

Then how come it is tranfered to all children? If it was autosomal, it could only come from one parent, the father, since women with it are infertile. That would mean any carrier male would be heterozygous. Only half of his daughter would be affected, and half of his sons would be carriers.
Statistically half, but for a small number of kids all could inherit the gene. It would be true for a huge statistical number, hundreds or thousands, but not for few descendants. For example you can throw number 6 with a dice few times in a row, though there are 5 more numbers on it. Sort of bad luck combination.
Other explanation that came to mind is that if your family lived in a small village, there could have been already many women and men carrying this faulty gene. In this case some of autosomal, or X chromosome could have come from female part of family and sometimes from male. Muddying the picture a bit.

Statistically half, but for a small number of kids all could inherit the gene. It would be true for a huge statistical number, hundreds or thousands, but not for few descendants. For example you can throw number 6 with a dice few times in a row, though there are 5 more numbers on it. Sort of bad luck combination.
Other explanation that came to mind is that if your family lived in a small village, there could have been already many women and men carrying this faulty gene. In this case some of autosomal, or X chromosome could have come from female part of family and sometimes from male. Muddying the picture a bit.

My father's family are Heinz 57s. They marry women from many ethnic groups and locations. This infertility is found from as far back as can be traced. My dad's female paternal cousins and aunts all had it. His family is too large for this transmission pattern to merely be a coincidence. In my immediate paternal line, I have 8 female cousins and two aunts. If you exclude the ones that never married and never tried to become pregnant, out of the 7 women that have wanted a child all are confirmed infertile. For statistical simplicity, lets assume that the mutation was on an autosomal chromosome, and lets assume that all fathers are heterozygous. the probably of such a situation occuring is (1/2)^7=1/128 which is less than 0.8%. That's when you don't take into account the transmission probability to each uncle. If you include all my second cousins, the probability would decrease even further.

My father's family are Heinz 57s. They marry women from many ethnic groups and locations. This infertility is found from as far back as can be traced. My dad's female paternal cousins and aunts all had it. His family is too large for this transmission pattern to merely be a coincidence. In my immediate paternal line, I have 8 female cousins and two aunts. If you exclude the ones that never married and never tried to become pregnant, out of the 7 women that have wanted a child all are confirmed infertile. For statistical simplicity, lets assume that the mutation was on an autosomal chromosome, and lets assume that all fathers are heterozygous. the probably of such a situation occuring is (1/2)^7=1/128 which is less than 0.8%. That's when you don't take into account the transmission probability to each uncle. If you include all my second cousins, the probability would decrease even further.
Are you suggesting it is a spiritual matter?

There is some evidence that female mutations of the vulvar can create infertility .................maybe a reason of low numbers of people among muslim ( my thoughts)( a form of birth control , maybe ?)

of the 29000 women studied in 2006 with female mutilation and where pregnant, there was found an extra 2% of stillborns compared to women without mutilation

Wikipedia on female infertility.

I wonder if wearing a black burka created a very warm tent thus affecting pregnancy. After all heat affect men's sperm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infertility

Heat players a role in infertility, example a man's testicles lower and raise depending on the temperate, they regulate themselves so its not too hot or not too cold.

A woman only has 6 days a month when she can get impregnated, but if she is too rugged up and her bodytemperature is too hot , a high percentage of sperm will die when entering the woman. the only chance for sperm to survive ( if the woman is to hot in body temperature ) is for a woman to get an orgasm as the sperm enters, this triples the speed of the sperm to find an egg ( the sperm will either head to the left or right part of the woman's body to find an egg, it will never split ).

to conclude it is far better for the woman to be semi naked or naked to have a better chance of pregnancy ( this is the method to cool her body and not overheat the sperm )

This thread has been viewed 11224 times.

Back