10% of R1b-M269 among aboriginals of Canary Islands (Guanches)

...This one sample of P-M45 is probably also R1b (but could be R1a, Q or R2 too)....

I think establishing what downstream subclades of R1b-M269 were those, would be very helpful.

I think you are right, the P-M45 is probably going to be R1b. The Canary Islands are very far from areas where R1a, Q, and R2 are common and I wouldn't expect to see much of them there before colonization. It's certainly possible that some Germanic R1a might have come later through Viking or Visigoth-descended Spanish settlers.

What subclades (if any) do you think the R1b-M269 will belong to? The obvious choice would be DF27, but that seems almost too easy. Maybe it will be something unexpected like Z2103 that will redefine the history of R1b again.

There were no Bronze Age Celts. Halstatt culture was from Iron Age and later La tene Celts never settled Iberia.Morover almost all R1b in Iberia is from the Basques.

From the Basques... why?

There were no Bronze Age Celts. Halstatt culture was from Iron Age and later La tene Celts never settled Iberia.Morover almost all R1b in Iberia is from the Basques.

some scientists think celtic languages spred before Iron Age in North-Western Europe; and Hallstatt could very well be the result of a new imput of foreign elite (as had been BBs before that, perhaps) with new technics and inframed in an already celtized (linguistically) region of West-Central Europe -
HUBERT wrote, I believe something like: Celts were not only Hallstatt-La Tene and Hallstatt (lonely) was not onlt Celtic...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sigfrido

You give to Basques a great power of reproduction: an ancient Basques empire in Iberia???
it rather seems ancient Basques received their R1b-S116 from North (maybe they were living in North at first!) as other populations - the mutated DF 27 (mutated in CSW France?) was spred from around their today region to other parts of Iberiatowards South and West but after that the Basques or rather their ancestors did not receive too much of other mutations of S116 contrary to other Iberians; isolation? certainly - and even the DF 27 cannot put on the account of Basques only; or we admit Iberian language was akin to Basque language? Some people spoke of some far relations considering Iberian was a very admixed language (?); unsteady ground for now...

This thread has been viewed 25525 times.

Back