Thorr vigi
Reaction score
Ethnic group
European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a1a
mtDNA haplogroup
HV4a
Thanks, I'll do the MDLP 23b. I thought the Iberian was a bit funny looking.

Since I first took the 23andMe test DNA Relatives matches have been accumulating. I assume that means that more people who have my traits are adding to the database. So I've run the MDLP 23b as @Sile recommended, and the Eurogenes K15 v2. It said in the GEDmatch tutorial that people of European extraction should use the Eurogenes K15 v2. I'm not quite sure what I'm reading in these, knowing that I am 70% (+/-) Italian (mother southern Italian, father western Sicilian) from 23andMe's Ancestry Composition. It looks like from the Eurogenes I have a good chunk of northern European (North Sea, Atlantic, Baltic), seemingly more than I thought. Are these analyses accurate? Sorry if I'm improperly asking for my homework to be done for me, just double checking so I know just what to tell my family the results are. Thanks for the help. :)

Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 Admixture Proportions

View attachment 7404

Population
North_Sea9.33%
Atlantic16.77%
Baltic2.81%
Eastern_Euro3.71%
West_Med18.09%
West_Asian12.72%
East_Med29.52%
Red_Sea4.64%
South_Asian-
Southeast_Asian-
Siberian-
Amerindian-
Oceanian-
Northeast_African0.24%
Sub-Saharan2.17%

MDLP K23b Admixture Proportions

View attachment 7405

Population
Amerindian-
Ancestral_Altaic1.63%
South_Central_Asian7.09%
Arctic-
South_Indian0.39%
Australoid-
Austronesian0.31%
Caucasian35.59%
Archaic_Human0.22%
East_African-
East_Siberian-
European_Early_Farmers25.77%
Khoisan-
Melano_Polynesian0.33%
Archaic_African-
Near_East8.78%
North_African6.25%
Paleo_Siberian-
African_Pygmy-
South_East_Asian-
Subsaharian1.29%
Tungus-Altaic0.09%
European_Hunters_Gatherers12.23%

I don't believe that Eurogenes posted the averages by ethnic group for these calculators. So, you're going to have to rely on other testees from that area reporting whether they get similar scores.

Thanks Angela.

Thanks cattel... I even think I understand that. :LOL: After doing some more reading, I think the high(er) amounts of northern European in southern Italians and Sicilians is very ancient DNA. 23andMe disclaims that they go back only about 500 years, for ancestry of where people lived. But if my guess is correct, we carry the ancient DNA from when people were moving around, and those percentages make up the "typical" southern Italian". If that's true then southern Italians do have a high percentage of northern European DNA.

This thread has been viewed 11421 times.

Back