Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Please Post mtDNA data

  1. #1
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Please Post mtDNA data

    My Blog mtDNA Atlas is solely about amateur mtDNA research. There isn't a lot of high coverage mtDNA data online outside of Ian Logans' websites.

    So, I'm asking for anyone who's had their mtDNA tested to please email me your mtDNA data to my email: [email protected]. You can also post your data on this thread. If you don't know how to send/find your data post your questions here.

    If you tested for 23andme you can also: Make an account at OpenSNP and upload your DNA file. Ian Logan will then add your mtDNA data to his database here. I suggest sending me your email first because eit might take a while for Ian Logan to add your data to his database.

    I'll tell you if you where your lineage is most popular, if you have any close matches, if you have matches in ancient mtDNA, if you're apart of an unclassified branch etc. I started a "User's mtDNA" spreadsheet today.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    My Blog mtDNA Atlas is solely about amateur mtDNA research. There isn't a lot of high coverage mtDNA data online outside of Ian Logans' websites.

    So, I'm asking for anyone who's had their mtDNA tested to please email me your mtDNA data to my email: [email protected]. You can also post your data on this thread. If you don't know how to send/find your data post your questions here.

    If you tested for 23andme you can also: Make an account at OpenSNP and upload your DNA file. Ian Logan will then add your mtDNA data to his database here. I suggest sending me your email first because eit might take a while for Ian Logan to add your data to his database.

    I'll tell you if you where your lineage is most popular, if you have any close matches, if you have matches in ancient mtDNA, if you're apart of an unclassified branch etc. I started a "User's mtDNA" spreadsheet today.
    I am genbanked, I do not know what you can find by my mtdna line...........which will be better than what Genbank has.

    There are only 5 in the world who are tested and in my line .....from
    1x Veneto ....Italy
    1x Emilia .....Italy
    1 x Marche .....Italy
    1 x Saint Gallen....Switzerland
    1 x Scania...Sweden ...................here is the swedish one which seems the one you will most likely want ...Margareta Hokansdotter; b.1630; Ljungby Sweden

    let me know if you are still interested
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

  3. #3
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    I am genbanked, I do not know what you can find by my mtdna line...........which will be better than what Genbank has.

    There are only 5 in the world who are tested and in my line .....from
    1x Veneto ....Italy
    1x Emilia .....Italy
    1 x Marche .....Italy
    1 x Saint Gallen....Switzerland
    1 x Scania...Sweden ...................here is the swedish one which seems the one you will most likely want ...Margareta Hokansdotter; b.1630; Ljungby Sweden

    let me know if you are still interested
    It's very interesting the only examples of H95a come almost entirely from Italy/Switzerland.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    It's very interesting the only examples of H95a come almost entirely from Italy/Switzerland.
    what I originally was

    KC964603(Italian) FTDNA Haplogroup H13a1 1-MAY-2013
    A263G 315.1C A750G A1438G A4769G C6340T A8860G A10403G A11069G T14025C
    G15314A A15326G T16519C


    before Genbank re did my marker
    LOCUS KC964603 16569 bp DNA circular PRI 20-FEB-2014
    DEFINITION Homo sapiens haplogroup H95a mitochondrion, complete genome.
    ACCESSION KC964603



    so May 2013 I was H13a1 and in Feb 2014 I became H95a ...........................in 2012 I began as H2a2ab ..........

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @firehaired

    my wife's markers

    she is K1a4* ....................and not part of any other branch line, of a,b,c,d,e,f,g or h .....................apparently she needs to wait for a new branch

    315.1C
    522.1A
    522.2C
    522.3A
    522.4C
    C3970T
    A12273G
    T16304C
    A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, T16223C, T16224C, G16230A, T16278C

    her matches are
    1 x baden Germany
    1 x switzerland
    1 x piedmont , Italy
    1 x czech
    1 x bulgarian
    1 x south finland
    2 x carniel ( 1 in Italy and 1 in austria )
    ...............her line is on the livenza river in Italy , this river separates Veneto from Friul

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnia

  6. #6
    Great Adventurer sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,251

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Are you looking for a certain specificity of mtDNA data? I have HVR1 results from FTDNA and a haplogroup assignment from Geno 2.0 (the latter is actually from an uncle's test).

    My HVR1 results are: A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, C16214a, T16223C, G16230A, T16278C, C16311T, T16356C

    My haplogroup assignment is: U4a

    I can trace my matriline back to St. Agnes, Cornwall in the mid 1700s, and with a slight guess I can get it back further to Perranzabuloe, Cornwall in the late 1600s.

  7. #7
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Are you looking for a certain specificity of mtDNA data? I have HVR1 results from FTDNA and a haplogroup assignment from Geno 2.0 (the latter is actually from an uncle's test).

    My HVR1 results are: A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, C16214a, T16223C, G16230A, T16278C, C16311T, T16356C

    My haplogroup assignment is: U4a

    I can trace my matriline back to St. Agnes, Cornwall in the mid 1700s, and with a slight guess I can get it back further to Perranzabuloe, Cornwall in the late 1600s.
    I'll take any mtDNA data from anywhere in the world. The only rule is it has to be human. Are you able to get mtDNA data from Geno 2.0? I'm wondering what they mean by U4a, it could be U4a2 or something now.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    898

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    I'm quite curious, what part of our mtdna are you looking for? And what kind of study is it? For example; Health, Ancient Ancestry, etc.

  9. #9
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    I'm quite curious, what part of our mtdna are you looking for? And what kind of study is it? For example; Health, Ancient Ancestry, etc.
    Genetics/ancestry. mtDNA is only useful about learning about ancient history because it takes 1,000s of years for new mutations to appear.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    898

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    It's cool. It's strange, I notice that mtdna J1c7a is common in Jewish folks but I have no significant Jewish ancestry according to atdna tests; ancestrydna says I have 0-1% jewish ancestry and 0->1% Middle eastern though. Yet even though I am a gentile, Gentile J1c7a people tend to have the snp i30011869=C; yet I instead have i30011869=T.

    If I have i30011869=T can I still have a direct maternal line to the Vikings; like 23andme rumors, or could my direct maternal maternal ancestor have a different origin?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    Genetics/ancestry. mtDNA is only useful about learning about ancient history because it takes 1,000s of years for new mutations to appear.
    your users-mtdna does not work anymore

    are you using all samples given or are you picking and choosing what you need?

  12. #12
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    898

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    your users-mtdna does not work anymore


    are you using all samples given or are you picking and choosing what you need?

    Now ow that you mentioned it, I think you might want to look at this link to be sure

    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...A-Data-Studies!!!!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Now ow that you mentioned it, I think you might want to look at this link to be sure

    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...A-Data-Studies!!!!
    I do not see what you are referring to, but his post#1 "users mtdna " once entered, is blank.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    898

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    I do not see what you are referring to, but his post#1 "users mtdna " once entered, is blank.
    it appears that Firehead is looking for a specific gene called HV1+2+CR data.
    The link I sent you was a duplicate thread of this one. This isn't the first time OP posted a thread looking for our mtdna. I don't mind my mtdna being studied personally but I'm still puzzled on what the gene means specifically.

  15. #15
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    your users-mtdna does not work anymore

    are you using all samples given or are you picking and choosing what you need?
    I fixed it.

  16. #16
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-03-15
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    328

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-M222 (NW Irish)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1bi

    Ethnic group
    Scots Appalachian ("Hillbilly")
    Country: USA - Virginia



    I sent you my 23AndMe data. Check your email.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    @firehaired

    my wife's markers

    she is K1a4* ....................and not part of any other branch line, of a,b,c,d,e,f,g or h .....................apparently she needs to wait for a new branch

    315.1C
    522.1A
    522.2C
    522.3A
    522.4C
    C3970T
    A12273G
    T16304C
    A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, T16223C, T16224C, G16230A, T16278C

    her matches are
    1 x baden Germany
    1 x switzerland
    1 x piedmont , Italy
    1 x czech
    1 x bulgarian
    1 x south finland
    2 x carniel ( 1 in Italy and 1 in austria )
    ...............her line is on the livenza river in Italy , this river separates Veneto from Friul

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnia

    my wife yesterday got in touch with a K1a4 ( from USA) whose ancestor was surname...Molzer from Villach in Carnia Austria .............We will see as markers seem identi
    cal to me.

    BTW, mine are not in your user mtdna in reference to post # 4

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    24-08-09
    Posts
    101

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-U152 BY3644/A9024
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3b 'Helga'

    Country: United Kingdom



    I have sent you an email with my H1c3b and a couple of my relatives data also :)



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    My Blog mtDNA Atlas is solely about amateur mtDNA research. There isn't a lot of high coverage mtDNA data online outside of Ian Logans' websites.

    So, I'm asking for anyone who's had their mtDNA tested to please email me your mtDNA data to my email: [email protected]. You can also post your data on this thread. If you don't know how to send/find your data post your questions here.

    If you tested for 23andme you can also: Make an account at OpenSNP and upload your DNA file. Ian Logan will then add your mtDNA data to his database here. I suggest sending me your email first because eit might take a while for Ian Logan to add your data to his database.

    I'll tell you if you where your lineage is most popular, if you have any close matches, if you have matches in ancient mtDNA, if you're apart of an unclassified branch etc. I started a "User's mtDNA" spreadsheet today.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,117

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    @fire haired

    My father ,recently tested, has mtdna of T2b ...............after using james lick mtdna predictor he becomes T2b26 .........with one extra mutation 11929G
    his maternal line beyond his grandmother on the maternal side is from South-Tyrol Italy.............from a place called
    La Valsugana (Suganertal in tedesco; Valzegu in mocheno) è una valle del Trentino sud-orientale, confinante con le province di Vicenza e Belluno.

  20. #20
    Regular Member citizen of the world's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-01-16
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1A1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    L2A1C

    Ethnic group
    sub saharan-north african and middle eastern
    Country: Tunisia



    this is my MTDNA data from my chromo 2 complete resullt I am L2A1C: 73G 146C 152C 263G 750G 769A 1018A 1438G 2416C 2706G 2789T 3010A 3594T 4104G 4562G 4769G 6663G 7028T 7175C 7274T 7521A 7771G 8206A 8701G 9221G 9540C 10115C 11611A 11719A 11914A 11944C 12693G 12705T 13590A 13650T 13803G 14566G 15301A 15784C 16223T 16278T 16294T 16390A

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-03-16
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    12

    MtDNA haplogroup
    Nearly 'pure' W1

    Ethnic group
    British Isles
    Country: USA - North Carolina



    1 members found this post helpful.
    This is my full mtDNA results from FTDNA including HVR1, HVR2 & Coding Region results. I've attached the results compared against RSRS Values & rCRS Values.

    According to my results & 3 people who have viewed them, I am rather rare & unique at the moment. There are NO exact matches in the mtDNA database for me at the moment. My 16223 is a C, not a T like all other W's. It either never changed from the original W1 sample or changed to a T, then back to a C. According to Mark Wade, I am nearly a 'pure' W1, only difference between me and the original W1 is 1 mutation.

    My FTDNA Family Finder Origin results say 97% European 3% Middle Eastern.


    97% European consisting of:


    46% British Isle
    36% Scandinavia
    14% Southern Europe
    1% Western & Central Europe


    3% Middle Eastern consisting of:


    3% Asia Minor



    Here is my full mtDNA results:

    Compared with the rCRS Values:

    HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM rCRS

    • 16292T
    • 16519C

    HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM rCRS

    • 73G
    • 189G
    • 195C
    • 204C
    • 207A
    • 263G
    • 315.1C

    CODING REGION DIFFERENCES FROM rCRS

    • 709A
    • 750G
    • 1243C
    • 1438G
    • 2706G
    • 3505G
    • 4769G
    • 5046A
    • 5460A
    • 7028T
    • 7864T
    • 8251A
    • 8860G
    • 8994A
    • 11674T
    • 11719A
    • 11947G
    • 12414C
    • 12705T
    • 14766T
    • 15326G
    • 15884C






    Now compared to the RSRS Values:

    Extra Mutations
    C146T
    C152T
    315.1C
    522.1A
    522.2C
    G15884c
    C16189T
    T16223C
    Missing Mutations

    HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

    • A16129G
    • T16187C
    • C16189T
    • T16223C
    • G16230A
    • T16278C
    • C16292T
    • C16311T

    HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

    • C146T
    • C152T
    • A189G
    • T204C
    • G207A
    • A247G
    • 315.1C
    • 522.1A
    • 522.2C

    CODING REGION DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

    • G709A
    • A769G
    • A825t
    • A1018G
    • T1243C
    • A2758G
    • C2885T
    • A3505G
    • T3594C
    • G4104A
    • T4312C
    • G5046A
    • G5460A
    • G7146A
    • T7256C
    • A7521G
    • C7864T
    • G8251A
    • T8468C
    • T8655C
    • G8701A
    • G8994A
    • C9540T
    • G10398A
    • T10664C
    • A10688G
    • C10810T
    • C10873T
    • C10915T
    • C11674T
    • A11914G
    • A11947G
    • T12414C
    • G13105A
    • G13276A
    • T13506C
    • T13650C
    • G15884c


  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    20-04-16
    Posts
    2


    Country: USA - California



    I just got my mtDNA results back today. I am H24 and there is pretty much no info on the internet about the group. There is ONE match to me in the world. Im a mutant apparently.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-03-16
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    12

    MtDNA haplogroup
    Nearly 'pure' W1

    Ethnic group
    British Isles
    Country: USA - North Carolina



    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlum View Post
    I just got my mtDNA results back today. I am H24 and there is pretty much no info on the internet about the group. There is ONE match to me in the world. Im a mutant apparently.

    No sweetie, that would be me. Aside from my mother, daughter and maternal Great Aunts & female cousins, I have absolutely NO matches in ANY mtDNA database. I'm the mutant. :)

  24. #24
    Regular Member Boreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-05-15
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

    Ethnic group
    Rumî
    Country: Turkey



    It is good to see somone who is interested in MtDNA.

    Web is full with YDNA

    What type of Data are you collecting? (HVR1, HVR2 & Coding Region results)

    I can share my result too.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Boreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-05-15
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    708

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

    Ethnic group
    Rumî
    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieMoore33 View Post
    No sweetie, that would be me. Aside from my mother, daughter and maternal Great Aunts & female cousins, I have absolutely NO matches in ANY mtDNA database. I'm the mutant. :)
    If you are nearly pure W1, that means all others are mutant. They have damaged genes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •