Rare blood types among europeans. Could be they good genetic markers?

Miqui Rumba

Reaction score
Ethnic group
catalan
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a2f*
mtDNA haplogroup
U3a1
Hi, eupedists, I was reading genetics forum in last year. In my opinon, the most of members are too much worried about our royal lineages or blue blood lines than in health, genetic history, real science prevention, etc. However you have maden a great work for european people: Now we can understand origins and main population movements.
I have got a very rare blood group combination (cis-AB allele, rh D- C-, Kell+ 1) and some unknown antibodies in serum that makes me no compatible donnor. I reject every blood type as people with Bombay phenotype. Though, I recently discover more people like and mostly europeans! University of Lund (Sweden) have published in last decade many revelator thesis about new A weak types and rare subgroups; university of Ulm (Germany) is publishing a sort of RH mutations alleles (thousands of combinations among more than 60 antigenes!) and University of Graz have maden an important study about para-bombay people in Styrian region. All this blood types were totally unknown 30 years ago and now they could real genetc markers like dna test to follow evolution in new european hybrids.

Hi, eupedists, I was reading genetics forum in last year. In my opinon, the most of members are too much worried about our royal lineages or blue blood lines than in health, genetic history, real science prevention, etc. However you have maden a great work for european people: Now we can understand origins and main population movements.
I have got a very rare blood group combination (cis-AB allele, rh D- C-, Kell+ 1) and some unknown antibodies in serum that makes me no compatible donnor. I reject every blood type as people with Bombay phenotype. Though, I recently discover more people like and mostly europeans! University of Lund (Sweden) have published in last decade many revelator thesis about new A weak types and rare subgroups; university of Ulm (Germany) is publishing a sort of RH mutations alleles (thousands of combinations among more than 60 antigenes!) and University of Graz have maden an important study about para-bombay people in Styrian region. All this blood types were totally unknown 30 years ago and now they could real genetc markers like dna test to follow evolution in new european hybrids.

Blood types have nothing to do with Evolution of Humans besides perhaps health. An Englishman and Chinese man could have the same blood types.
Genetic Geneology decodes our DNA; via our Gums.

The answer to your question harks back to the "birds and the bees". When you are born a boy, you are given a Y Chromozone from your father and a X Chromozone from your mother. A Y Chromozone is an unbroken line of paternal lineage, ydna is just like your surname passed down from father to son for thousands of years.

your X Chromozone on the other hand harks a lineage going back to your mother's mother's mother's mother's side; basically an unbroken line of mother's in your family tree.

Although it would be nice to claim decent from a king, I personally admire what all of my ancestors did and I even keep an evolving heritage graph. My heritage graph tracks down my lineage from modern times, ancient civilizations and Prehistoric lineages.

To get you started I have sent you 2 links of the history of the Genetic History of the Iberian Peninsula as examples below.
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/neolithic_europe_map.shtml
http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/spain_portugal_dna.shtml

First, there are more than 600 blood antigenes, 35 blood systems, a hundred of really important genes that controls enzymatic activity in blood proteins AND MANY VARIATIONS AMONG THE SAME PHENOTYPES, for exemple, in ABO gene there are 4 phenotypes only (O, A, AB, B) however there are more than 250 different alleles with mutations in nucleotides that affect, sometimes, to enzyme glycosiltransferase, there are so good SNPs as Y-dna or mt-dna markers, moreover, we can discover more in health, in hemocompatibility, immunohematology and blood desorders than sequencing Y chromosome.
Please, visit BGMUT, in Genoma Project Site and check MILLIONS OF DIFFERENT ALLELES IN DIFFERENT BLOOD SYSTEMS (RH, MNS, KELL, H, DUFFY, LUTHERAN, LEWIS, LW, LAN, JUNIOR, COLTON, ETC).

That's new, can you match the Blood types to the appropriate Ydna/mtdna? I'm not quite sure if the blood type follows a direct line. For example, Ydna is passed down like a surname and mtdna from mother's mother's.....

Interesting. But through my rh negative page I know a few women who are AB having type O children, so they have to be cisAB as well. It could be more frequent than we have previously thought, but right now I am only aware of one frequency study done in South Korea. If you have anything else, please share it. As for Catalonia: rh negative blood appears to be quite frequent there. As it seems to be in most places with high R1b frequencies.

An Englishman and Chinese man could have the same blood types.
Is this a serious statement? Most Native American tribes as an example are 100 percent O positive. And that shows that migrations by Asian groups also 100 percent O positive must have occurred. The Blackfoot Indians are so high in A positive blood, that it is easy to believe they might come from an exclusively A positive group also connected to the Japanese where type A is very high compared to the rest of Asia.
You seem to be confused by what is there now, no matter how rare, compared to what some tribes might have originally been like before mixing with others.

That's new, can you match the Blood types to the appropriate Ydna/mtdna? I'm not quite sure if the blood type follows a direct line. For example, Ydna is passed down like a surname and mtdna from mother's mother's.....

Very differently with no regards to gender. The Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium applies mainly in regard to dominant vs. recessive gene frequencies.
But I have created a model that does show somewhat the blood type frequencies based on certain genetic markers. R1b is very high in rh negative frequencies. So are mtDNA K, V, J, T and JT.

Hello, this is my first post. I am very new to all of this, basically trying to find more information on my AB- blood type.I am the eldest of 7 & the only negative, one brother is AB+. My mother was A+ & my Father(??) is O+ I am finding the information I have so far fascinating & confusing in equal parts! I would appreciate any comments (also, am I posting on the right thread?) thank you.

Hello, this is my first post. I am very new to all of this, basically trying to find more information on my AB- blood type.I am the eldest of 7 & the only negative, one brother is AB+. My mother was A+ & my Father(??) is O+ I am finding the information I have so far fascinating & confusing in equal parts! I would appreciate any comments (also, am I posting on the right thread?) thank you.

Your father would have to be B or AB for you to be AB with an A mother.

I have checked the chart and have seen that it is not possible to have an AB blood type if your parents have A and O bloodlines. This case is kind of unique.

Last edited:
I have checked the chart and have seen that it is not possible to have an AB blood type if your parents have A and O bloodlines. This case is kind of unique.
A better word would be impossible.

This thread has been viewed 13570 times.

Back