Part 2: 8,000 years of Natural Selection in Europe.

Guys, please take this discussion to the thread on the paper. It's off topic here.

OK about differences of timing - but some 'harappa' genetic remnants could have survived among the BMAC cultures until more recently.

Gotchya. I would agree that contact with early BMAC settlements is a plausible genetic source. There's a bunch of loanwords in Indo-Iranian, Aryan, and even Tocharian that are presumed to have come from BMAC people. Andronovo was of course much later, but the fact that they're also found in Tocharian lends some credence.

Of course we have to ignore the lack of evidence for steppe before 2000BC, as with most of these theories. I can imagine a greater and greater seasonal range as horses become more and more utilized, which at first appears as allele flow before we see any artifacts. It's possible. And this constant relflux would really be the very beginnings of expansions. The Anatolian/Tocharian languages are so archaic that it makes sense to say that these very early branches may have been a result of this very early seasonal movement where at some point a group stays behind for good. Hittite is extremely archaic, so much that it even confounds the recreation of PIE, and so a very early divergence could be explained by such a process.

Goga - this map shows, that modern Mansi, Khanty and Nenets are 43% Eastern Siberian, not that EHG was such.

EHG was without Eastern Siberian ancestry, but modern Mansi, Khanty and Nenets are a mix of EHG + Eastern Siberian.

An ineresting thing is that - if we believe this map - mixing between ANE and East Asians which produced Native Americans took place in Eurasia. Actually, I imagined that ANE and East Asians migrated to America separately, and mixed only in America, not before getting there.

Thats what I believe also. The map above is just a hypothesis and I don't think native Americans formed Eurasia but are the product of two seperate migrations, one ANE like and later one modern East Eurasian like.

Is ANE/East Asian ratio in Native Ams geographical?
I mean are South Ams significantly more ANE and less East Asian than North Ams?

This thread has been viewed 63617 times.

Back