I2a2a (M223) found in Megalithic Spain Update on snp

Haplogroup I2 Eupedia

Interesting thanks for bringing this up. At first most I2a2a-M223 was assumed to be of Germanic origin. But it was the main lineage of Middle Neolithic Northern Spain.

I2a2a1b was also found in Bronze age Hungary. This one in Spain being Z161 is a big deal because that's the most popular I2a2a-M223 clade today. I wonder how I2a2a-M223 became so popular in Germanic-speakers. Must have been widespread very early on.

Haplogroup I2 Eupedia

Interesting thanks for bringing this up. At first most I2a2a-M223 was assumed to be of Germanic origin. But it was the main lineage of Middle Neolithic Northern Spain.

I2a2a1b was also found in Bronze age Hungary. This one in Spain being Z161 is a big deal because that's the most popular I2a2a-M223 clade today. I wonder how I2a2a-M223 became so popular in Germanic-speakers. Must have been widespread very early on.

I did not know this I-M223 was so common in Middle Neolithic Northern Spain? Have you some details? Thanks beforehand -
I was thinking in possible link with FIRST GENUINE BBs bearers, without any proof, only ma "feminine intuition" plus some today localizations, but placed its first apparition around 3000 BC...

This thread has been viewed 10571 times.

Back