Religion Can Muslims live peacefully with Christians, and vice versa?

Yetos it's insulting me personally. The most recently insult was "jihadist" . What about this? I trying to respect the forum and make a serious conversation, but seems it's not possible .
Report these posts please.

No, will never happen. Either we let them devour us, or we can be "racist" and whop their as$es.

No, will never happen. Either we let them devour us, or we can be "racist" and whop their as$es.
I trully hope that you (and Trump) will start with the Turks and Saudi Arabia being 'racist' toward them and 'whop their as$es'. Those countries are the biggest donors of the Islamo-fascism and terrorism. So, please don't talk, just DO IT!!!

It is an inconvenient fact that Islam is unique among the major world religions in having a developed doctrine of warfare against non-believers. To give an example: Chapter 9 Verse 29 of the Qur'an says to fight the non-believers including Christians and Jews, until the latter pay a poll tax and feel themselves subdued, that is, they submit to the rule of Islam.

Does it make me hateful or bigoted to speak this on this forum?

To answer the question
: Yes, of course they can, but it would not be consistent with Islam. It would depend on the particular Muslim.
People have different levels of religious knowledge and fervor. There are some people who are perfectly aware of these problematic aspects of their religion yet choose to live life as regular people. But it is also true that people with an extremist bent can use Islam to justify hatred and violence against non-believers of all kinds.

I trully hope that you (and Trump) will start with the Turks and Saudi Arabia being 'racist' toward them and 'whop their as$es'. Those countries are the biggest donors of the Islamo-fascism and terrorism. So, please don't talk, just DO IT!!!

I agree, I hope Trump reconfigures the US's NATO alliances, and removes Turkey from NATO altogether.
Turkey was important to NATO during the cold war due to its geography, but now the communist empire doesn't exist anymore. If the allies could align themselves with Stalin against Hitler, I don't see why NATO can't align itself with Russia against global jihad. We need new alliances.

I agree, I hope Trump reconfigures the US's NATO alliances, and removes Turkey from NATO altogether.
Turkey was important to NATO during the cold war due to its geography, but now the communist empire doesn't exist anymore. If the allies could align themselves with Stalin against Hitler, I don't see why NATO can't align itself with Russia against global jihad. We need new alliances.
Like today's Russia doesn't pose a threat to Nato? Putin does the best to find and make external enemies so he can be the Savior of Russia, the defender and president forever. War in Ukraine, bombing civilians in Aleppo, rigging winter and summer olympics, cyber attacks on US to skew presidential election, meddling in EU affairs, etc, this is hardly a friend the West want to have.

I agree..............we need Russia more than we need Turkey

Turkey had a lot to answer for even if we only begin from WW1

Loose discussions on Muslim versus Christians points of view, conflicts, and redirected off topic posts from other threads.

I believe, that all the conflict between Christian and Muslim is fueled by the economic interest in Middle East. The world has only one issue unbalanced capitalism fueled by greed. The rest is just smoke to cover this problem. It is unbelievable that we discuss religion like in the times of crusaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I believe, that all the conflict between Christian and Muslim is fueled by the economic interest in Middle East. The world has only one issue unbalanced capitalism fueled by greed. The rest is just smoke to cover this problem. It is unbelievable that we discuss religion like in the times of crusaders.

we do not discuss religions, but religion's forced law, and way of life.

we do not discuss religions, but religion's forced law, and way of life.

As I said, the conflict is not related to religion, but to economic interest.

As I said, the conflict is not related to religion, but to economic interest.

and to my opinion is not economical interests
but life style, and laws forced due to religion, and freedom of expression

and to my opinion is not economical interests
but life style, and laws forced due to religion, and freedom of expression

Yetos, it is cause and effect, action and reaction, and all of that for oil not for the above.

You would be right if Islamic fundamentalists of Sunni didn't exist. Unfortunately their vision of the world is Caliphate with all infidels dead. They are the once who bring hatred, terror and death to other Muslims and to the whole world. This is less of economic issue and way more ideological one. After all, this ideology stems from rich Saudi Arabia. Capitalism has nothing to do with it, as their oil is in private hands of royal families, and economi heavily regulated by bureaucrats.

Hardcore conservatives we have everywhere even in Us and they come up with ridiculous ideas, but for me the source of the problem is not them. Capitalism tend to break balances of communities without considering the effects.

Hardcore conservatives we have everywhere even in Us and they come up with ridiculous ideas, but for me the source of the problem is not them. Capitalism tend to break balances of communities without considering the effects.

I agree with that,
Capitalism does not care neither human rights, neither social behavour,
But there is a big difference among Capitalism, and laws that sprung from religion.

I agree with that,
But there is a big difference among Capitalism, and laws that sprung from religion.

Laws of the Abrahamics religions are very similar because they come from the same source. The only difference in Christianity is Christ and his message of love. For example, stoning a women was stopped by Christ while Muslim following the Old Testament still do that. Christ and his message of love change the western world, but not the religious institutions that to me most of the time has served political and economic agendas in similar pattern as they did before with the pagan gods.

I agree with that,
Off course capitalism doesn't care. It is a system of production and investment. System doesn't care, people care. People decide what system to use to make sure society is taken care of. Capitalism connects capital with humans who have ideas what to produce. It supplies money on individual (person or company) basis to produce goods. If you produce goods that society want you will be rewarded with more capital and individual success, if you produce what people don't want you will be bankrupt. It rewards risk taking-entrepreneurial individuals with monetary reward or punishes with monetary loss. It is proven by many centuries and many countries that this is a best production system in the world. The more goods and services system produces the better off is society, the more peaceful it is, the more tolerant and inclusive. The more goods produced the richer the society, the richer the society the more they buy, the more they buy companies make more money and invest in bigger production, the more they produce the more all society get richer, etc.
Compare early 18th century West to 21st century one. Compare communist China with capitalist China. Look at countries without capitalism like Cuba, N Korea, Zimbabwe. Do you see differences, to you see trends?
Capitalism stands behind success of Western world, and not only, in our standard of living, health, democracy, technology, equality, freedoms, peace, etc, list is very long.

Off course capitalism doesn't care. It is a system of production and investment. System doesn't care, people care. People decide what system to use to make sure society is taken care of. Capitalism connects capital with humans who have ideas what to produce. It supplies money on individual (person or company) basis to produce goods. If you produce goods that society want you will be rewarded with more capital and individual success, if you produce what people don't want you will be bankrupt. It rewards risk taking-entrepreneurial individuals with monetary reward or punishes with monetary loss. It is proven by many centuries and many countries that this is a best production system in the world. The more goods and services system produces the better off is society, the more peaceful it is, the more tolerant and inclusive. The more goods produced the richer the society, the richer the society the more they buy, the more they buy companies make more money and invest in bigger production, the more they produce the more all society get richer, etc.
Compare early 18th century West to 21st century one. Compare communist China with capitalist China. Look at countries without capitalism like Cuba, N Korea, Zimbabwe. Do you see differences, to you see trends?
Capitalism stands behind success of Western world, and not only, in our standard of living, health, democracy, technology, equality, freedoms, peace, etc, list is very long.

Dear LeBrok, this is a whole different discussion which I started. My argument is that capitalism works by stimulated entrepreneurs, but it has to be more balanced like Nordic system, or than greed for more and more prevails and destroys everything. In Middle East the interests of unbalanced capitalist countries have caused the mess not the religion.

Another thing I can't be bothered to discuss. When someone tells you he hates your culture, will kill you unless you convert to his religion, and believes that by starting a catastrophic war he will usher in paradise, and he does everything to show you he believes it by actually beheading and crucifying people who won't convert, then any sane person would take him at his word.

All of the justifications and rationalizations in the world, and all the playing of the victim card won't change that fact.

This thread has been viewed 186835 times.

Back