Religion Can Muslims live peacefully with Christians, and vice versa?

I would like to inform the public that i have received an infarction for my post;
Say something positive about Islam (a noble religion) and illustrate the truth one gets an infraction; These are now the standards!
I can only shake my head!

Perhaps you're just misunderstood. Would you care to explain how your post said something positive about Islam, and wasn't some provocative posting meant to further inflame people? I'm truly interested.

Ed. I mean this sincerely. In the past I had found your posts fact filled and informative, and felt you made a valuable contribution to discussions.

That's why this spate of insult filled posts is so surprising. There's no excuse for that.

As to this particular post, I'm eagerly awaiting your explanation. I'm also puzzled by your posting of an Afrikaner (?) song in the What Music Are You Listening To Thread. From the comments on you tube it's about killing kafirs?

What precisely are you trying to say?

Perhaps you're just misunderstood. Would you care to explain how your post said something positive about Islam, and wasn't some provocative posting meant to further inflame people? I'm truly interested.

how silly can you get Angela?
my posts are clear and stand for themselves; If you wish to project your personal twisted views - you are on your own;
it is up most clear to everyone now that positive remarks on islam and European muslims will be greeted with distortion and restriction; a perfect illustration on your part;

As to this particular post, I'm eagerly awaiting your explanation. I'm also puzzled by your posting of an Afrikaner (?) song in the What Music Are You Listening To Thread. From the comments on you tube it's about killing kafirs?

I will not even repeat what you wrote, but if you think that song is about that, than you are truly living on the wrong side of the moon my dear lady;

how silly can you get Angela?
my posts are clear and stand for themselves; If you wish to project your personal twisted views - you are on your own;
it is up most clear to everyone now that positive remarks on islam and European muslims will be greeted with distortion and restriction; a perfect illustration on your part;

I will not even repeat what you wrote, but if you think that song is about that, than you are truly living on the wrong side of the moon my dear lady;

I am willing to have you educate me, Nobody1. I don't pretend to know everything. Nor have I ever said, nor would I ever say anything negative about Muslims as a whole.

I'm just not familiar with some of these things you have posted. How does a video about a Bosnian SS group from World War II say something positive about Muslims?

What is the song from the conflict in southwest Africa about? If you posted it, you must know, but I don't.

Why can't or won't you answer?

Ed. All of this is separate and apart from the infractions you have received from me and others for insulting other members, for which there can be no excuse.

I am willing to have you educate me, Nobody1. I don't pretend to know everything. Nor have I ever said, nor would I ever say anything negative about Muslims as a whole.

I'm just not familiar with some of these things you have posted. How does a video about a Bosnian SS group from World War II say something positive about Muslims?

What is the song from the conflict in southwest Africa about? If you posted it, you must know, but I don't.

Why can't or won't you answer?

Ed. All of this is separate and apart from the infractions you have received from me and others for insulting other members, for which there can be no excuse.

Ask intelligent questions and i'll think about it;
Apart from that - you are derailing the thread;

railing back onto the Thread;
Molenbeek is a Belgium phenomenon not a Muslim phenomenon; We Europeans are exporting Jihadists and not importing; We created a parallel society in which religious fundamentalism flourishes by not implementing law and right the only values that substantially mean anything in any society; but the problem is religious fundamentalism not specifically Islam; Islam is more radical and orthodox solely due to the modern political events; But these are Europeans converts or with migration backround and it was Europe that failed not Islam;

I agree. Greece can't be rich without having strong conflict with Albania, Macedonia and Turkey (similar things for also Turkey).

I think that Turkey and Greece have important strategic positions and they can both benefit by co-operation. It is important to put the past into perspective. Both countries need to realize that in crisis times (wars and conflict) it is not the majority of the population of a country that are guilty of wrong doing but always a minority of psychopathic people, who exist in every country. With the view that Greece and Turkey can work together and become true friends we can benefit each other greatly.

Maybe I have twisted way of understanding Nobody1s' posts as very informative and quite balanced and most importantly I have never felt any hatred in any of his posts (I might be wrong). I have to thank Nobody1 for two infos that made me do search and learned form him about Molenbeek. I found this appalling article about it http://www.politico.eu/article/attack-on-paris-molenbeek-dirty-dozen/, and I also read on Handschar SS squads, something I never read about before. I do get what you mean Nobody1.

Maybe I have twisted way of understanding Nobody1s' posts as very informative and quite balanced and most importantly I have never felt any hatred in any of his posts (I might be wrong). I have to thank Nobody1 for two infos that made me do search and learned form him about Molenbeek. I found this appalling article about it http://www.politico.eu/article/attack-on-paris-molenbeek-dirty-dozen/, and I also read on Handschar SS squads, something I never read about before. I do get what you mean Nobody1.

Well, maybe you can educate me, since he has declined to do so. If I was mistaken, I'll be happy to admit it.

Not that it might matter in his case, as he has, separate and apart from this post or the one on the music thread, about which nothing was done, been posting insult after insult on other threads against long time and valuable members, which is totally unacceptable. He has accumulated so many infractions for those insulting posts that it has resulted in an automatic ban.

do you trust Erdogan?

I don't know much about Erdogan but he doesn't come across to me as a badie. I think he wants the best for his country and possibly because he is helping in areas in the Middle East some Westerners don't approve of he may be given bad press. It is always easy enough to get some people to make up some issues that put someone in a bad light. And the "free" press is guilty of reporting bias in a great many areas.

I see the problems in the world today are due to two issues. One is big financiers wanting to control governments and nations and the way that they have always worked in the past and in the present too is to divide and rule. I think this is behind the problems in Europe and in the Middle East and elsewhere.

The other is a reality that very few people understand. Diseases such as cardiovascular diseases (heart disease and strokes), cancer, diabetes and autoimmune disease but also infectious diseases indirectly, are all due to foul game play of toxic individuals through toxic relationships. Disease is a commodity traded for profit so the true causes are never discussed. The reality is that every country is at war from within. The racial and religious problems that we see are only the tip of the iceberg. In the past the conflicts appeared mainly in wars and conflicts that resulted in genocides and massacre but since the turn of the century and much more so since the second world war, we are being persuaded that we are living in more peaceful times. However disease has escalated through the roof. This is because the conflicts are within people's interpersonal environments and the death toll is greater than it was during war times and conflicts. In the second world war 66 million died in the span of about 7 years, i.e., so around 1 million a year. Today world wide over 17 million die of cardiovascular diseases and 8 million die of cancer every year, just to name the two worst cases.

Both Greece and Turkey have huge problems with disease and this is where the work needs to be done and not on the political front.

The Religion is not to blame; It is a noble Religion;
Handschar haHe;

The people who corrupt this Religion are the problem, Belgium is the problem;
Suharto and Atatürk have directed a society in splendor baring this religion; So also the Kurds and Iranians (Perisians); So also the Albanians in the Skënderbej legacy!
People are the Problem - look at what society the so-called Muslims created at Molenbeek - sponsored by the Belgium "Authorities" = pure filth; A farce a complete joke!

While there are corruptions in all religious texts in every religion to some extent, I agree with you religion is not the problem but toxic people in society, the so-called "functional psychopaths" or "successful psychopaths". These are being given labels to try and get sympathy for them as supposedly having a mental disorder. In fact they are criminals. It is these people whose methods are devious that are behind the problems in society.

All religions can live in peace as long as the Government controls the leaders of these religious faiths...........either the "ataturk way" or a system where replacement of these leaders is done every second year and the old leader leaves that country

I also did a search. Hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting it. However I don't think that blaming one nation and /or all or a majority of its politicians and bureaucrats is realistic. It is always a select toxic few that cause problems and many of them wear a mask, a nice looking public face. They use collective reasoning to persuade the population of an area to gain support for issues that are not clear and which appear one way but are really something else. If you look at totalitarian states and dictators they always constitute a minority and they always rise up to power by devious means. They appear to be beneficial to the people and too late the people realize that it is not what they thought but of course it is then too late.

so what?
Brussels PS politicians were corrupt, correct, it's been told before many times in this thread.
The victims of this was the Belgian taxpayer, not Muslims in Schaarbeek, they were benificiary.
Is this the reason why they join ISIS and start killing?

And what hass Handschar to do with Molenbeek?

You are either stupid or trying to disperse hatred.

I give you the benefit of the doubt for now.
I'll asume you're stupid.

All religions can live in peace as long as the Government controls the leaders of these religious faiths...........either the "ataturk way" or a system where replacement of these leaders is done every second year and the old leader leaves that country

I don't think this is going to do anything to stop violence because the people who find their way into becoming religious leaders with the intent to incite violence will just do it via a different route. Globally we face serious problems in society from a sizable minority of people who are criminal in nature. This minority may be as much as 800 million to 1 billion people. We are in effect in a state of war but the damage is not always visible and much of it appears as disease. It will take an awakening of the vast majority, the humane people to a realization of their spiritual heritage and their spiritual power to overcome the problem.

Sorry, the fact that Belgium may contain the largest "sanctuary city" (in American political terms) in the western world for jihadis, whether for political gain (votes), or out of incompetence, or even perhaps out of some multicultural ideology on steroids, doesn't absolve the Muslim clerics who preached this toxic form of Islam, or the Muslims who bought it hook, line, and sinker. These people are psychopaths, but they are psychopaths who have been given a religious rationale for their behavior. These are matters upon which there can be debate, of course.

However, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how a Bosnian SS group fits into all of this and why it would have been posted.

Ask intelligent questions and i'll think about it;
Apart from that - you are derailing the thread;

railing back onto the Thread;
Molenbeek is a Belgium phenomenon not a Muslim phenomenon; We Europeans are exporting Jihadists and not importing; We created a parallel society in which religious fundamentalism flourishes by not implementing law and right the only values that substantially mean anything in any society; but the problem is religious fundamentalism not specifically Islam; Islam is more radical and orthodox solely due to the modern political events; But these are Europeans converts or with migration backround and it was Europe that failed not Islam;

Molenbeek didn't create ISIS and these murderous Muslims.
Corrupt politicians in Molenbeek just created a safe haven for them.

I've never heard such a pathetic excuse for murdering, genocide, decapitations and unimaginable athrocities.

Understand history? You're the one with the problem. You cite an Austrian historian with a political agenda with racist motivations as a yardstick. His theory was nothing more than political writings aimed to seed hatred and since when do politicians talk straight? Most of them would even lie crooked in their coffin. And then you talk about comparing the Albanians with the Greeks, this is chalk and cheese.

The Albanians were a group of tribes living on the lands of Illyria. There were Celtic, Roman and Greek cities there and they were influenced by Hellenism from what I read but only credited with being able to make mead, wine from honey (and by fermentation no doubt, not by a blessing!). The Greeks gave the world literature, science, religion, philosophy, mathematics and so much more. Where's the comparison?

Fallmerayer's thesis appeared immediately with Greek independence and was aimed to cause hatred of Greece. He wanted to claim that Greece was not part of Europe and really Middle-Eastern in nature. His claim that "not the slightest drop of undiluted Hellenic blood flows in the veins of the Christian population of present-day Greece." And this hatred is there today from the Germanic section. They have done everything in their power to disadvantage Greece, especially with repeated refinancing of the loans and thus blowing them out of all proportions and then calling the Greeks names. Greece is the back gate of Europe. They need Greece secure and strong and able to cope with the flood of migration. Instead of that they are kicking their gate to bits. There is no puting the gate further up because further up open up bigger problems.

On what grounds do a people get defined by some "genetic purity"? All people interact with others and mix to some extent or other. There were influences in Ancient Greece from all the surrounding areas, from North Africa, especially Egypt right around the Mediterranean coast. There are battles fought and no matter which side wins there is intermarriage and genetic mixing.

I had some Pakistani friends in Sydney, one of whom had red hair. He told me that he was a decedent of Greeks that had conquered his area from the time of Alexander the Great. Does that make him less Pakistani. No! Every nation and every tribe is continually changing.

So to be Greek does not mean you have to be a some fantastical Hellenic prodigy that he fantasizes. This is the same mentality that I hear from some people in Australia. If you have one drop of Aboriginal blood then you are Aboriginal, not English or Irish or Italian or Greek or anything else "with a bit of Aboriginal blood". Absolutely not, you're Aboriginal. This is racism. And the converse is true too. There are many who have maybe even half non-Aboriginal blood but are still very much Aboriginal.

And even without mixing there is also genetic variations that take place so that the outer appearance may change enormously over the centuries.

However there is evidence that the Greeks are not over-run or diluted by Slavs or anyone else. There are small communities of Slav and Albanians and others in Greece and they have still a unique identity. They haven't all become one big mixing pot.

As for the ruling dynasty, that doesn't make a people some particular nationality. What you are trying to say is that because the early rulers of the Byzantine Empire were Romans then they were really all Romans. The British have a German dynasty or ruling class that doesn't change them to German. The British Raj in India didn't wipe out the Indian identity.

What Fallmerayer doesn't take into account is that the identity is not tied to the make up of the body. There is a lot of this being claimed in the biomedical sciences where the claim is that the body is a machine, that the mind is born out of the complexity of the brain and that is it.. you're a machine.. a robot. The reality however is very different. There are mental and spiritual planes that are not physical, and which play a bigger role in who a person is, and the identity of a race of people. The Intellectual brilliance, innate harmony and simplicity are not qualities of a machine.

Excuse me but I have to say that you are wrong. Fallmerayer was not an racist, he was an important scholar. I do not know if you've been in the Peloponnese or not, you live in Australia, right? But I am sure that you have not been in Peloponnese in year 1833.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Philipp_Fallmerayer
Upset by the critical reaction to his Morea study, Fallmerayer resolved to travel abroad to collect material for the projected second volume.

In November 1833 Fallmerayer finally set foot in the Morea, where the party remained for a month before travelling north to Attica. There Fallmerayer was struck by the preponderance of Arvanitika, an Albanian dialect. The party arrived in Italy in February 1834, and returned to Munich in August of the same year. Upon his return Fallmerayer discovered that the Landshut Lyceum had in the meantime been moved to Freising, and that his position had been eliminated. Behind this early "retirement" lay Fallmerayer's "known convictions, which, particularly in religious matters, are incompatible with the teaching profession."[10] He was instead offered an Ordinarius position as a member of the Bavarian Academy, where his first lecture concerned the "Albanisation" of the population of Attica. His lecture was answered with an attack on his theories by Friedrich Wilhelm Thiersch, and the two opposing lectures led to a controversy in Munich academic circles, as well as in the popular press.
The controversy had a pointedly political dimension, with Thiersch representing the "Idealpolitik" position, according to which Bavaria should support the Greek state, and Fallmerayer advocating a hands-off "Realpolitik." This political polemic was further provoked by the preface to the second volume of Fallmerayer's Geschichte, published in 1836, in which he wrote that the Greek War of Independence was a "purely Shqiptarian Albanian, not a Hellenic Revolution." He advocated furthermore the replacement of the German monarchy in Greece by a native regime.
So after he visited the Peloponnese he evidenced this fact:
"If one calls this country a new Albania, one gives it its real name. Those provinces of the Greek Kingdom are as loosely related to Hellenism as the Scottish Highlands are to the Afghan regions of Kandahar and Kabul".
So based on such facts, studies and personal experience collected during his journey, he concluded that:
The race of the Hellenes has been wiped out in Europe. Physical beauty, intellectual brilliance, innate harmony and simplicity, art, competition, city, village, the splendour of column and temple — indeed, even the name has disappeared from the surface of the Greek continent.... Not the slightest drop of undiluted Hellenic blood flows in the veins of the Christian population of present-day Greece.

Please take this perpetual Albanian/Greek war somewhere else. It's off topic for this thread.

These people are psychopaths, but they are psychopaths who have been given a religious rationale for their behavior.
That's the core of the problem.

Molenbeek didn't create ISIS and these murderous Muslims.
Corrupt politicians in Molenbeek just created a safe haven for them.

I've never heard such a pathetic excuse for murdering, genocide, decapitations and unimaginable athrocities.
I can't believe these radical imams had a free hand to brainwash people in a middle of Europe.

You agree that Greece is a valuable asset of Europe if only they would be able to appreciate it. I was wondering what do you think should be Greece's relations with Turkey. I think if Greece was to encourage a cultural exchange with Turkey to foster better relationship between Greeks and Turks then Greece can have a trade treaty with Turkey and together become a trading gateway between East and West. Maybe then the Germans will be coming to us for loans!

... money talks and people listen in the most of the cases.
@Kyrrani99 I got your point and the deep idealistic reasoning motive you deploy and i generally agree...

(As what a Greek could possibly say...)
How we can overrun great issues like Cyprus ?( Not to mention how simillar is to Ukranian issue, with the acceptance of our otan/nato allies and their blessings for that hybridic state.) (-?!)
How we can manage the Macedonian issue?
The East question?

(As a person specifically)
I am motivated from the -"Θούριος" of Rigas (Ρήγας Φεραίος ο Βελεστινλής, ο Θεσσαλός), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigas_Feraios or https://en.wiki2.org/wiki/Rigas_Feraios
that could explain a lot...

At the bottom line we are brothers and sisters, slaves under the tyrrany of father "damn" Time.

.... the very jewel of the hellenic romance 200+ years before, unfortunatelly it is strange but i cannot find it translated.
Θούριος the poem (full edition):
http://night-flights.pblogs.gr/2007/02/olos-o-thoyrios-rhgas-feraios.html

some "Melos". -"https://youtu.be/7oOqcZOO0u4?t=46

It is very interesting the etymon of the word "-θούριος" (thourios~ impetus; urge; furious;-in some extend.) and the relation with -Άν/θρω/πος , (Anthropos).

The charta of Rigas
http://www.openarchives.gr/view/218033
others:http://www.e-perimetron.org/Vol_3_3/Vol3_3.htm

What else to say, the Hellenic Romantism still inspires...
I am very happy for you, my Δέσποινα, Κυρά, Αρχόντισσα, Μεγιστοάνασσα ... for being here.
where is from your origins ... make some guesses?
Not from macedonia, not peloponesian, probably islander? close... maybe Dodecanesian, Ionian ?

Excuse my english...

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 187563 times.

Back