Extraordinary East Asian proficiency in mastering Slavic (or all foreign?) languages?

Tomenable

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
Are East Asians particularly good in learning foreign languages? I'm not sure about other languages, but I have noticed that they have no problems at all with mastering Slavic languages to the point that they even speak them without accent. Some examples below.

Erasmus student from Mongolia (if this was a radio broadcast, and he didn't say he is a Mongol, I would never guess that he isn't Polish):

Polish Philology students from China (to see Western Europeans achieving such proficiency in Polish, and without strong accent, is a rarity):

Chinese soldiers singing Serbian song "Remove Kebab":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOECyf3_zTg

===================================

Is there something about East Asian languages, which enables them to learn speaking foreign languages without accent?

Or is it something about Slavic languages?

Chinese soldiers singing Serbian song "Remove Kebab":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOECyf3_zTg

===================================

Is there something about East Asian languages, which enables them to learn speaking foreign languages without accent?

It could be the blood!
Serbs have about 10% of their haplogroups of distance Mongolic, Chinese origin, from the time they were residing in Central or East Asia. So, the share some distant traits and the part of the brain related to language could be the same. This is my opinion, nothing scientific here.

Are East Asians particularly good in learning foreign languages?

Because they are more inteligent? :)

I'm not sure about other languages, but I have noticed that they have no problems at all with mastering Slavic languages to the point that they even speak them without accent.

I know more than 12 years two Mongolians (man and woman) who are in Poland
probably 20 years... and they still are speaking in veeeeeeery specific way - but
every year they are talking better :)

Erasmus student from Mongolia (if this was a radio broadcast, and he didn't say he is a Mongol, I would never guess that he isn't Polish):

Tomenable, he arrived to Poland when he was a
child, and after high school he went to Germany.
And he came as erasmus from Germany... :)
He is speaking exactly the same, as Mongolians
and Vietnamese who were going to the same
schools as I - i.e. so bad, as 'regular' Pole :)

Polish Philology students from China (to see Western Europeans achieving such proficiency in Polish, and without strong accent, is a rarity):

These ones, are very very very good indeed.
They are even better than natives... :)
But songs are probably a different matter...
I am curious how they are talking...?

Maybe first they are learning phonetics...? This is the base...
Chenese had some soft sounds like ś, ć, aso and couple of
tones, so this probably help them??? Plus hard work and IQ.

This is the best ever! :LOL:

Languages: polish and german - but there is no need to know them.:)

This thread has been viewed 5208 times.

Back