Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See the following link for the paper:
http://esr.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/01/04/esr.jcu093.abstract

Unfortunately, the paper itself is behind a pay wall, but here is the abstract:
"Knowledge about how race governs partner selection has been predominantly studied in the United States, yet it is unclear whether these results can be generalized to nations with different racial and immigration patterns. Using a large-scale sample of online daters in nine European countries, we engage in the first cross-national analysis of race-related partner preferences and examine the link between contextual factors and ethnic selectivity. We provide a unique test of contact, conflict, and in-group identification theories. We show that individuals uniformly prefer to date same-race partners and that there is a hierarchy of preferences both among natives and minority groups. Notable country differences are also found. Europeans living in countries with a large foreign-born population have an increased preference for minority groups. The ethnically heterogeneous Swiss population displays the strongest preference for minorities, with the more homogenous Poland, Spain, and Italy, the least. Anti-immigrant attitudes are related to stronger in-group preferences among natives. Unexpectedly, non-Arabic minority daters belonging to large-size communities have strong preferences for Europeans. The results have implications for immigrant integration policies and demonstrate that Internet dating allows efficient selection by racial divisions, perpetuating country-specific racial inequalities. "

It's also discussed on this blog, and there's a graphic showing the rates by region.
https://storify.com/AndrewSabisky/annual-conference-of-the-galton-institute-mate-cho

As for that graphic:

Come on... even up to 99.94% of the population of Poland are whites and only a small minority are non-whites:
(source - calculations by Longbowman in the link below, based on 2011 census in case of Poland):

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?149362-European-populations-worldwide

So if someone has a preference for East Asian women (for example), there is still no way he can find any. I realize that this study is about online dating, but even in online dating people don't look for dates ~1000 km away from them, in another country.

Goodness, Tomenable, take it up with them, not me. :)

Their purported explanation sort of dovetails with what you're saying. People in more homogeneous cultures have less interest in crossing color or ethnic lines. Of course, they're saying it's because people from such cultures would have less of a comfort level with outsiders, perhaps, whereas you're saying they wouldn't bother because these "exotic" types would be too far away. I don't know.

I thought maybe these statistics just came from the responses to a sort of general information form where you're asked about the people to whom you might be attracted. I have no personal experience with these sites, but I think I'd probably answer truthfully just on general principals.

Anyway, I don't think their explanation works for Italy. There are a lot of Africans and Chinese and southeast Asians in Italy, heavily admixed Moroccans too, and Italians still aren't as keen on crossing the lines as a lot of other Europeans. Maybe it has something to do with the strength of the traditional family. Italian mothers-in-law can be fearsome. :) My Anglo friends married in Italy have had a very difficult time adjusting, as have the Italian families, with the Italian spouse being pulled in two directions at once. I can't even imagine it with someone of a totally foreign culture. Or maybe it's just aesthetics.

The difference between communist and non communist areas of Germany are incredible.

The difference between communist and non communist areas of Germany are incredible.

How did we go from dating to communism? :) You're not talking about some sort of partner sharing hippie commune?

That's because all immigrants who come to Germany, settle in West Germany, not in post-communist regions.

In fact, even Germans from East Germany emigrate to West Germany, and post-communist regions are getting depopulated.

So again the case is the same there as I described above - there are simply no Non-European people to date.

As for that graphic:

Come on... even up to 99.94% of the population of Poland are whites and only a small minority are non-whites:
(source - calculations by Longbowman in the link below, based on 2011 census in case of Poland):

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?149362-European-populations-worldwide

So if someone has a preference for East Asian women (for example), there is still no way he can find any. I realize that this study is about online dating, but even in online dating people don't look for dates ~1000 km away from them, in another country.

I actually agree with you, not many men would consider marrying women from another country unless there is a severe shortage of women, like the cases in China right now. It is truly very difficult, the costs and the risks are both very high. They want near them where they are.

Someone from Sweden told me that over there Swedish men want Asian women, even some of his colleagues... It seems having an Asian girlfriend is "high status"... he is not sure why, but maybe Asian women is in some ways "easier" than Swedish women, he said.

Personally, I think Thai and Filipino women seem to be easier with foreigners, maybe it is because they are from poor countries, and are looking to move to a wealthier country by marrying white men. They also intermarry Japanese, Taiwanese farmers who cannot find wives.

I believe among the wealthiest Asian countries, Japanese women seem to like white men the most.

Other than preference of dating women, I am wondering whether there are preference of women men choose to rape.

So I am looking at the recent rape scandal in Okinawa, I took a look at the world where there are American soldiers stationed, there are many. http://qz.com/374138/these-are-all-the-countries-where-the-us-has-a-military-presence/ It seems like Japan has the highest rape cases, so why is this the case? Do women from another race who like white men are likely to provoke this? I wonder...

Do men think women from their own race who are attracted to them are normal, but women from another race who do deserved to be sexually assaulted? Like they are asking for it? Of course people who are trained to kill for a living do tend to have more psychological problem. There are many women in the army who were raped by their colleagues or supérieurs. Study says 1 in 3 Women RAPED in the Military.

They have been stationed in European countries like Germany, but I had never heard of rape scandal over there. http://www.spiegel.de/international...190-000-german-women-post-wwii-a-1021298.html According to this they did rape Germans, but at the end of second world war. I think everywhere a lot of women got raped back then.

There are also some cases in South Korea and the Philippines, but not as serious as Japan.

Last edited:
It seems to me that when we talk about races, we automatically find ourselves in the Middle ages.

Genes matter in IQ and in other areas:
The 2-Repeat Allele of the MAOA Gene Confers an Increased Risk for Shooting and Stabbing Behaviors

Abstract

There has been a great deal of research examining the link between a polymorphism in the promoter region of the MAOA gene and antisocial phenotypes. The results of these studies have consistently revealed that low activity MAOA alleles are related to antisocial behaviors for males who were maltreated as children. Recently, though, some evidence has emerged indicating that a rare allele of the MAOA gene-that is, the 2-repeat allele-may have effects on violence that are independent of the environment. The current study builds on this research and examines the association between the 2-repeat allele and shooting and stabbing behaviors in a sample of males drawn from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. Analyses revealed that African-American males who carry the 2-repeat allele are significantly more likely than all other genotypes to engage in shooting and stabbing behaviors and to report having multiple shooting and stabbing victims. The limitations of the study are discussed and suggestions for future research are offered.

ArticleinPsychiatric Quarterly

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259270974_The_2-Repeat_Allele_of_the_MAOA_Gene_Confers_an_Increased_Risk_for_Shooting_and_Stabbing_Behaviors

Other than preference of dating women, I am wondering whether there are preference of women men choose to rape.

So I am looking at the recent rape scandal in Okinawa, I took a look at the world where there are American soldiers stationed, there are many.
http://qz.com/374138/these-are-all-the-countries-where-the-us-has-a-military-presence/ It seems like Japan has the highest rape cases, so why is this the case? Do women from another race who like white men are likely to provoke this? I wonder...

Do men think women from their own race who are attracted to them are normal, but women from another race who do deserved to be sexually assaulted? Like they are asking for it? Of course people who are trained to kill for a living do tend to have more psychological problem. There are many women in the army who were raped by their colleagues or supérieurs. Study says 1 in 3 Women RAPED in the Military.

They have been stationed in European countries like Germany, but I had never heard of rape scandal over there. http://www.spiegel.de/international...190-000-german-women-post-wwii-a-1021298.html According to this they did rape Germans, but at the end of second world war. I think everywhere a lot of women got raped back then.

There are also some cases in South Korea and the Philippines, but not as serious as Japan.

US military is generally barbaric towards women:

Two in Three Military Women Say They Have Been Sexually Assaulted or Harassed

“I was in the military for 25 years and I don’t know a woman from that entire time who didn’t experience both [discrimination and harassment],” Manning told The Daily Beast. “I would have expected those numbers to be higher.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/two-i...ay-they-have-been-sexually-assaulted-harassed

i'am at 200% pro white i have a strong ethnic preference for the young white charming native european females in my tastes,and i go further i have a preference for some very specific phenotypes,facial features/traits,skin tint/shade and body proportions,it's mean than amid the genuine ethnic white population i target only some very specific subgroups

As to dating preferences . . . dating that is designed to lead to marriage is an important process. It's a time to find a person that you can live with, and grow with, through good times and bad. That usually means finding someone who is like yourself, so it would be no surprise to discover people tending to date those of the same cultural background (cultural not racial). Marriage can be hard. It's terribly hard if your mate does not share a similar world view. I suspect you'll find more cross-racial dating in the US because we've been doing this emigrant thing for so long. In Europe there hasn't been enough time for the new emigrants to become acculturated.

If you're just dating to find sexual partners, none of this applies.

i'am at 200% pro white i have a strong ethnic preference for the young white charming native european females in my tastes,and i go further i have a preference for some very specific phenotypes,facial features/traits,skin tint/shade and body proportions,it's mean than amid the genuine ethnic white population i target only some very specific subgroups

That's interesting that you even have it narrowed down to very specific phenotypes. Which phenotype/subgroups are they?

This thread has been viewed 9181 times.

Back