Cephalic index of ancient populations and reconstructions

'wide', 'broad', 'large', 'long', high' are all absolute mensurations; it says nothing about indexes which are proportions, these last ones saying little about detailed shape...
it's why I'm bored by some metrics surveys abstracts when these kinds of descriptions are given in place of true mensurations and numerous indexes (the new wave or in abstracts world!)

hello

from what I understand, even ancient populations of hunter gatherers were diverse. Australoid DNA groups like CT, CF1a, F and K have showed up in ancient European populations alongside typically European I groups. That would explain their difference appearance. La Brana was a mixture of Australoid and Caucasoid (u5b mt-DNA)

La Brana appears as a typical 'europoid' (rather with 'cromagnoid' affinities in form concerning crania for what I can see (no profile), what put it far from Loschbour BI (more "akin" to Australoids), concerning phenotype.
I don't see nothing 'australoid' in him, even at the uniparental level: Y-C (if it's his one) was common in the whole Eurasia some times ago. We descend for the most of the same ancestors, and our haplogroups descend too from ancient forms.Today Australoids are not our ancestors in any way, they are lon ago separated cousins with a lot of archaic traits. Reality is fuzzy. Our ancient Y-C did not come for far South-East Asia, they seem to me relics of unmutated lineages at this unipârental level, what doesn't disprove a community with ancient people bearing more recent Haplos. No steep frontier. All our genes don't develop or mute at the smae speed, even in a stable population.

Do these Veddas from Sri Lanka - or other forager groups from South India - score any CHG autosomal DNA ???:

Mesolithic European hunters were Caucasoid as well.

Morphologically they were not much different from modern Europeans.

Pigmentation has changed much more than morphology.

If the original Veddas were something like y H or C1b I would imagine they have some Caucasian ancestry from early on.

La Brana appears as a typical 'europoid' (rather with 'cromagnoid' affinities in form concerning crania for what I can see (no profile), what put it far from Loschbour BI (more "akin" to Australoids), concerning phenotype.
I don't see nothing 'australoid' in him, even at the uniparental level: Y-C (if it's his one) was common in the whole Eurasia some times ago. We descend for the most of the same ancestors, and our haplogroups descend too from ancient forms.Today Australoids are not our ancestors in any way, they are lon ago separated cousins with a lot of archaic traits. Reality is fuzzy. Our ancient Y-C did not come for far South-East Asia, they seem to me relics of unmutated lineages at this unipârental level, what doesn't disprove a community with ancient people bearing more recent Haplos. No steep frontier. All our genes don't develop or mute at the smae speed, even in a stable population.

Agree complexity. Y C was probably very ancient in North Eurasia and some of the Y C (C1b?) in SE/S Asia if rom the North imo.

However, if K2b/P is from SE Asia then all West Eurasians have Australoid ancestors though no even if diluted.

THanks Tomenable
young age can mistake scientists!
amateurish analysis of mine (!)
seemingly dominant softened 'capelloid-brünn' inheritage with maybe 'mongoloid' accretions (weak browridges even for a teenager), somewhat flat nose bridge, maybe too high orbits - the cheekbones seem a bit forwards, 'mongoloid' too? I cannot see the teeth crown from upside: if rounder than triangular it could confirm 'mongoloid' ascendance - I red womewhere this type was not so seldom in the Forest Steppes at some time: Finnic-Ugric? this types could well represented among Samoyedes?
if 'mongoloid' accretion is confirmed it could fit with the mt-C.
all that to say something: stable crossing+selection can be confused with non-specialized types?

Speaking of Mongoloid, is there Mongoloid influence in the types of the Baltic region?

How much mongloid (either direct Mongloid) or from ANE would these individuals from this thread score?

https://ais.badische-zeitung.de/piece/02/a6/57/b4/44455860.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FTj9F.jpg

Mesolithic Hunter Gatherer from Egypt. Probably Y-DNA E-M35, or E-M78*.

th38jVK.jpg

Luke Arnolds gives me a WHG vibe somehow.

gettyimages-483605672.jpg

If the original Veddas were something like y H or C1b I would imagine they have some Caucasian ancestry from early on.

I havn't the time to check dates of apparition of ancient Y-haplo's subclades, just now.
But it's perilous to attribute modern external types or genetic populationnal affiliations to ancient monoparental subclades (SNP's bearers) and also to recent monoparental ones for opposite reasons (not so much mutations but crossings for the most) : 'caucasian' is already a forked term ('caucasian' phenotype? - 'westeurasian' old population?): all the way, the physical separation between our ancestors, externally and or internally, has been gradual for the most of our genome, except maybe for some very strong adaptative genes: so a gradual accumulation of small differences, I think.
Or are you speaking of geographically Caucasian pop's?

This thread has been viewed 39881 times.

Back