Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this claim?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 61.54%
  • No

7 26.92%
  • I'm still not sure

3 11.54%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So it's official that Original Turks , Xiongnu, Huns, Gokturks were Mongoloid?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Gurka atla View Post
    Properly that region was not even Kurdish in the past. This was Anatolian in 200 BC which is already complexed enough.

thanks

Cilicia was once Armenian

Cappodacia was the lands that crimean people settled and mixed with the locals

Paphlongia ...states as home of the Veneti

Bithynia only thracian region in anatolia

Galatea ...settled by celts from eastern alps area

Pontus and colchis, settled by greeks

Dersene, stated as original home of the kurds
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

1 members found this post helpful.
    What is the questions and what are you talking about

The question is So it's official that Original Turks , Xiongnu, Huns, Gokturks were Mongoloid?

but you are discussing on Turkey

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    What is the questions and what are you talking about

The question is So it's official that Original Turks , Xiongnu, Huns, Gokturks were Mongoloid?

but you are discussing on Turkey
    Good remark. I took part in some side gossips too; the answer could be given when we have metrics and DNA surveys about every population you mentioned here above, when cultural-linguistic identification will be reliably made; the question of 'mongoloid' or 'east-asian' admixture in West Anatolia today could confirm that at least a sensible percentage of first Turks would have been of 'east-asian' stock, broadly said. A roughly East>>West gradiant of 'east-asian' %s could confirm it, but Mongols story could put some mess in the game without speaking of some 'east-asian' females coopted by I-Eans males, so ancient DNA would be useful but only if well identified and dated.

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    Sorry, Gurka, but this child seems very very 50/50 so almost a genuine 'metis even if in fact his true father is only 80/90% "black": it's not only a question of pigmentation but form of hair, of nose, mouth and so on; never two parents of this kind can without a magic trick give birth to this kind of metis; some europoid" or "SS-african" traits can be hidden at some level but two completely white skins give never a so pigmented child (and at this young age!); the "black" north American families where babies are classified as "white" and "black" include rarely very "black" skinned people and when "white" skinned people occur, they show always some SSAfrican traits, even if slight.
    plus: Keep in mind most of the visible African traits are dominant: black hair, black eyes, very curly hair ... other traits are not but...
    there is not complete thowback among mixed people where a component has been drastically wahsed out by time and history, or I missed a huge thing?
    That said, I agree with you concerning the West Turkey population: repopulation - ? OR/AND ? front ligne warriors like in other historic colonizations after conflict in old times?

Although it is extremely, there had been plenty of cases where White couples give birth to black childrens and Black couples giving birth to White childrens.

Genetics is a very complicated thing.

Good remark. I took part in some side gossips too; the answer could be given when we have metrics and DNA surveys about every population you mentioned here above, when cultural-linguistic identification will be reliably made; the question of 'mongoloid' or 'east-asian' admixture in West Anatolia today could confirm that at least a sensible percentage of first Turks would have been of 'east-asian' stock, broadly said. A roughly East>>West gradiant of 'east-asian' %s could confirm it, but Mongols story could put some mess in the game without speaking of some 'east-asian' females coopted by I-Eans males, so ancient DNA would be useful but only if well identified and dated.

Mongoloid/Caucasoid intermixing dates back long before the existence of Turkic empire, language, ethnicity was even formed. Turkic genetic legacy is far more complicated than first though. Although there is no doubt that Central Asia was heavily effected by the Mongol invasion, Central Asia already had a signficant portion of Mongoloid/Caucasian people although majority was still Iranic, Mongol invasion later added much more. I now even doubt that the Kyrgyz with R1a derived from Indo-European male ( I mean the origin is I-Eans ) . Given the fact Kyrgyz also gave 42.6% of Caucasian maternal lineages or I-Eans females. I rather trust in anthropological evidence rather DNA haplogroup who doesn't tell the whole story.

Pazyryk culture ( 600 BC ) Males were R1a part Mongoloid, females were Europoid.

" Craniological studies of samples from the Pazyryk burials revealed the presence of both Mongoloid and Caucasoid components in this population.[6] quoting G. F. Debets on the physical characteristics of the population in the Pazyryk kurgans, records a mixed population. The men would seem to be part Mongoloid and the women Europoid.[7] "

@Gurka:
    OK for the most you say; concerning Avars what you say is not too different from what I said; but if Avars were at first 'europoids' people, why their elite seemed more 'mongoloid'? a mystery for me.
    concerning pigmentation (we passed a lot of time about it!) and auDNA, we need deeper auDNA analysis and more numerous stuff with %s for pigmentation; in Asia (Indochine of the Frenchies) scholars of ancient time found only 1 blond for 1000 by instance (there, as said Tomenable, the blondism could be of Oceanian origin, only DNA can say.
    the rare red hair found today among Easter Islands population would be of european origin concerning DNA if I red well and believed Genetiker (?) as for Jamaicans.
    good evening
    They were not pure Europoid, they were Turanids. A europoid with signficant Mongoloid influence. Perharps It was Mongoloid elite minority who subjugated the Iranic majority.

The red hair in Easter Islands is properly not European origin. I watched a youtube video saying the red hair mummy found in south America was the result of decaying and found no evidence of European origin at all.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Although it is extremely, there had been plenty of cases where White couples give birth to black childrens and Black couples giving birth to White childrens.

Genetics is a very complicated thing.
    If you accept to believe it I see no objection - but genetics, spite complicated, is NOT SO complicated to put me to swallow this. No offense.
    you should look at genetics dominance question and mulitibiallelic traits... by the way, the most complicated are transmission paths, the less possible to pass from a 100% something to a 100 % other thing.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

They were not pure Europoid, they were Turanids. A europoid with signficant Mongoloid influence. Perharps It was Mongoloid elite minority who subjugated the Iranic majority.

The red hair in Easter Islands is properly not European origin. I watched a youtube video saying the red hair mummy found in south America was the result of decaying and found no evidence of European origin at all.

Turanid is an easy way to qualifiy an heterogenous mean population rather than a well isolated type; I saw Tadjiks and red about them; they are crossings with 'east-asian' more than an 'europoid' type, but with a dominant brachycephalic one evocating something between 'borreby' and 'dinaric' at first sight, and pigmentary 'europoid' for the most. Old anthropolgy was not always too precise concerning non european populations and I saw too low number of Tadjiks to be sure of any thing (it spites me).
    concerning the 'red hair' I cited Genetiker without too much confidence because he seems having some agenda but who knows? he seemed knowing something about his (or their) DNA; have you the reference of your 'You Tube' extract?
    thanks in advance;

Y-DNA haplogroup
    L1b Elite Hun

Ethnic group
    Turkic/Iranian

Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    No, most of Indian R1a is also under Z93/Z94 - actually most is under even younger L657:

http://www.yfull.com/tree/R-L657/

It most certainly came with the Aryan migration ("invasion" is a wrong term) to India
    Indian R1a came to India from central Asia but it is 14.000 years old. This R1a type has nothing to do with the so called "Aryan migration". The other Z93 markers are clearly Turkic, and looking at the Z93 basic map it turns out a purely Turkic haplogroup diffused into south Asia.

(I also don't want to see the eupedia cosmetic fake map of Z93)

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

According to that academic study where your pictures are from, R1a evolved somewhere on the Iranian Plateau.

Not really. The so called 'Aryan' R1a is actually Z94. R1a-Z94 evolved somewhere on the Iranian Plateau also.

Btw, Aryans were not only R1a-Z94, but also R2a, J2a, G2, J1 etc. They were Caucaso-Gedrosia folks = Iranid ...

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

1 members found this post helpful.
    Alpakut, you should check ancient DNA samples, not modern distribution.

Based on modern distribution, it was believed that R1b is a Basque marker.

I also don't want to see the eupedia cosmetic fake map of Z93
    Eupedia map is actually much better, as it is not automatically generated.

Indian R1a came to India from central Asia but it is 14.000 years old.
    Entire R1a-Z93 is just 5.000 years old, and Indian subclades even younger:

http://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z93/

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

is that map in the first post still up to date? the distribution of east asian ancestry in south western turkey seems unrealisticly high. did the turkic people all migrate there? and 20% is still massive even if the turkic conquerors were 100% east asian. or does east eurasian not only include east asian admixtures but also admixtures that were already present in anatolia before?

They can’t denote a single population as a start! Especially when they intermingled from the very start. And wherever we all started doesn’t matter as much as what all our last inclusion of genetics is. But remember if you were royal you need a son for an unbroken Y-DNA chromosome. Amazing that the line is unbroken. But which dynasty has some of the longest Y-DNA? Guess I will google haha

Mistake

Just remember basic history of war and conquerors. The mongols never quite made it past Poland. And Poland stopped the ottomans from entering Western Europe with their cavalry. The Siege of Vienna. If you have characteristics of different populations that is then the signal of your past. But If you have characteristics of your historical population well then you will have to delve into history which will explain. But there is a lot of history to be collected thus far through DNA so don’t count on anything. We know that southern Russia was a highway of many cultures. The steppes intermingled quite prominently. You may have even red hair in what is china from ancient population movements, and also Sanskrit has Indo-European elements. Well pretty obvious if they correlate Indo with European. Can’t say the one cause of migrations East and West but they were quite prominent as technology from the Fertile Crescent proceeded North. It all has to do with advanced technology that cultures may have learned from others or developed ingenuity with themselves or I mean their own unique culture. The bottom line is we all have an ability to advance and evolve, so it’s about time we do, don’t ya think! But elements of how we have become over time, should remain........within reason of focusing on good elements. Because now we are connected worldwide. We will always advance our history of the beginning as we push forward for answers. Some amazing cultures developed more independently as well as communicated. And war I hate to say advanced populations most technologically. Now every advancement affects us all. Is life gonna be more of a privilege than before. I wish I knew
    Last edited by Ed the Red; 02-10-18 at 05:33. Reason: Spelling

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Here under a digest of a new paper about Tagars, compared to other Asia old pops. Not without interest even if not centered about all Turk ancient tribes.
    THANKS TO BERNARD SECHER FREE BLOG

jeudi 11 octobre 2018
    ADN mitochondrial ancien de la population Tagar du Sud de la Sibrie

Par Bernard Scher le jeudi 11 octobre 2018, 19:12 - ADN ancien
    Au 1er millnaire av. JC., de nombreux groupes nomades ont prospr dans la ceinture des steppes d'Eurasie, entre la rgion nord Pontique et le sud de la Sibrie. Les diffrentes phases de dveloppement de ces communauts se distinguent par les donnes archologiques et historiques (pr-Scythes, Scythes et Sarmates). La culture Tagar est un des groupes archologiques les plus tudis de nomades du Sud de la Sibrie. Elle se situe dans le bassin de Minoussinsk autour de la rivire Ienisse et des monts Saan, et date du premier millnaire av. JC.

Aleksandr Pilipenko et ses collgues viennent de publier un papier intitul: Maternal genetic features of the Iron Age Tagar population from Southern Siberia (1 st millennium BC). Ils ont analys l'ADN mitochondrial de 79 squelettes de la culture Tagar dont 46 de la phase ancienne (9me au 6me sicles av. JC.), 24 de la phase moyenne (5me au 3me sicles av. JC.) et 9 de la phase finale (2d et 1er sicles av. JC.). La figure ci-dessous indique la localisation gographique des diffrents cimetires dont sont issus les chantillons tudis:

Les auteurs ont squenc la rgion HVR1 de la rgion de contrle et test certains SNPs de la rgion codante pour discriminer les principaux haplogroupes. Ils ont ainsi dtect 39 haplotypes diffrents. Les haplogroupes appartiennent en majorit l'ouest de l'Eurasie (65%: H, HV6, HV* , I, K, T, U2e, U4, U5a et U*), mais galement l'Eurasie de l'est (35%: A, A8, C, C4, C5, D, G2a et F1b). 23 des 39 haplotypes sont originaires de l'ouest de l'Eurasie. Les haplogroupes T, U2e et U4 sont les plus frquents. Les haplogroupes est Asiatiques les plus frquents sont A, C et D. Les haplotypes les plus frquents appartiennent aux haplogroupes suivants: T1 (10 individus), U4 (6 individus) et D (5 individus):

Les auteurs ont ensuite compar la diversit gntique de la population Tagar avec celle d'autres populations anciennes en ralisant une analyse multi-chelles. Dans la figure ci-dessous la population Tagar est reprsente par un pentagone rouge, les populations de l'ge du Fer relies aux Scythes par des cercles rouges (Pazyryks, Aldy-Bel et Scythes de la rgion nord Pontique), les populations de l'ge du Fer non relies aux Scythes par des cercles noirs, les populations plus anciennes du Nolithique et de l'ge du Bronze par des carrs noirs:

Parmi les populations de l'ge du Bronze, les Tagars se situent entre les populations Okunevo, Andronovo du bassin de Minoussinsk, Afanasievo et ge du Bronze moyen de l'Alta Mongole. Parmi les populations de l'ge du Fer, les Tagars se situent proches des populations du monde Scythe.

Les auteurs ont ensuite refait la mme analyse en sparant la population Tagar en trois groupes chronologiques (Ancien, Moyen et Rcent):

Les Tagars Anciens (pentagone orange) sont plus proches des Scythes de l'ouest, alors que les Tagars Moyens (pentagone bleu) sont plus proches des populations sud Sibriennes. Les Tagars Rcents (pentagone vert) sont nouveau plus proches des anciennes populations occidentales, cependant le faible nombre (9) d'individus de ce dernier groupe suggre de rester prudent sur ces rsultats.

Les auteurs ont galement compar la population Tagar avec des populations contemporaines. Ainsi elle est proche de certaines populations Turques (Bachkirs de la rgion Volga-Oural et Tatars de Sibrie), mais galement d'une population Indo-Iranienne: les Tadjiks.

En conclusion, la population Tagar est proche gntiquement des populations de l'ge du Fer relies au monde Scythe. La prsence d'haplogroupes ouest Eurasiens dans la rgion de l'Alta date probablement des diffrentes migrations de l'ge du Bronze: Afanasievo (Bronze Ancien) et Andronovo (Bronze Moyen). D'autre part la prsence des haplogroupes est Asiatiques, notamment A8 et C4, en Eurasie de l'ouest pendant la priode Scythe, est probablement due aux mouvements des populations nomades de l'ge du Fer.

Actually Turks and Turkic culture is Andronava and they are brakisefal. These map is wrong, most people of Adana and Urfa Turkic and Turks hyprotetic .Erzincan, Erzurum and Kars too. Turks are different from Mongolid...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpakut View Post
    Indian R1a came to India from central Asia but it is 14.000 years old. This R1a type has nothing to do with the so called "Aryan migration". The other Z93 markers are clearly Turkic, and looking at the Z93 basic map it turns out a purely Turkic haplogroup diffused into south Asia.

(I also don't want to see the eupedia cosmetic fake map of Z93)
    Z93 is indo-iranian origin, Turkic R1a-Z93 is descent from indo-iranians.

melinda Lucy

Prof.Aytunç Altındal origin of the name of Turkey, mysterious Celtic coins and made statements about the Celtic cross.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234