Eurasia K10 CHG Calculator

Thank you, Fire-Haired,

I meant a proper spreadsheet with ALL the tested samples, and an Oracle function for all the samples so we can properly evaluate it, like Kurd's. It might be nice and respectful to add the academic samples for southern Italians too. Kurd had no problem getting them. It should be a couple of strokes on the computer.

Would their results go against some narrative? Or am I getting paranoid considering the history?

@Alan,
Just saw your post. Thanks to you too.

@Sile,
That's Kurd's calculator. I was asking about the Eurogenes K8 because I thought my question on the K8 thread might not have been seen.

Well, whichever calculator you use, Romanians and Bulgarians have just about the same amount of CHG/West Asian as the Tuscans(39-40 on one calculator, 25% on the other.). Albanians have one point more. The Serbs, who are more in the middle and therefore I think got more influence from the Slavic migrations, get around 36% on Kurd's calculator. The mainland Greeks get 44-45% (28% on the other calculator), which is a point or so more than the Sicilians. Northern Italians get about 35%, which is about what Slovenes get. This all has to be explained somehow.

Well, whichever calculator you use, Romanians and Bulgarians have just about the same amount of CHG/West Asian as the Tuscans(39-40 on one calculator, 25% on the other.). Albanians have one point more. The Serbs, who are more in the middle and therefore I think got more influence from the Slavic migrations, get around 36% on Kurd's calculator. The mainland Greeks get 44-45% (28% on the other calculator), which is a point or so more than the Sicilians. Northern Italians get about 35%, which is about what Slovenes get. This all has to be explained somehow.

This is also all or most that these calculators are usefull for. As Kurd stated they are usefull to see the inner relationship between modern Eurasian population, because at the end of the day if one calculator shows too much of component A in population x it will also show too much of component A in population y.

We shouldn't take the percentages too serious and concentrate on the relationship imo.

The info is in gedmatch after you test under the oracle boxes named spreadsheet

GEDmatch.Com

Population Spreadsheet for Eurasia K10 CHG.

the only "italian" for this test is Tuscan .............the only one

my wife's results come out as bulgarian with spanish which in the dendro seems to be a nearness to North-portuguese/Galician.

she does have some matches with Veneti who migrated to Galicia in ftdna. But she has many more matches with east-Austria than with the iberian peninsula

#PopulationPercent
1WHG33.58
2Anatolian_Farmers26.22
3CHG21.19
4EHG9.37
5SW_Asian8.16
6W_African0.81
7Papuan0.66

Our differences in our results make sense. I think the trends in this test are accurate. Ancients are getting weird results but moderns aren't.

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 WHG 34.86
2 Anatolian_Farmers 20.68
3 CHG 19.37
4 EHG 12.12
5 SW_Asian 6.93
6 S_Indian 2.11
7 Amerindian 1.75
8 W_African 1.43
9 Papuan 0.67
10 E_Asian 0.1

Our differences in our results make sense. I think the trends in this test are accurate. Ancients are getting weird results but moderns aren't.

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 WHG 34.86
2 Anatolian_Farmers 20.68
3 CHG 19.37
4 EHG 12.12
5 SW_Asian 6.93
6 S_Indian 2.11
7 Amerindian 1.75
8 W_African 1.43
9 Papuan 0.67
10 E_Asian 0.1

that is my wife's numbers and she is AGV002 in the link below
http://up.picr.de/23840545us.jpg

What is you opinion on this one?

since those ancestral clusters are based on very ancient DNA origins (thousands of years) I would expect only slight differences and shifts in populations from the Alpine area.

I also have my data in the link

CHG seems to be a main component for South Caucasians rather than Northwest Caucasians who are a mix of Western Hunter Gatherers and Anatolian Farmers. According to the Eurasia K10 CHG, I am relatively close to an individual of English, Icelandic, RISE baSin (?), and Sardinian origin. As a Circassian, I am disappointed to see no decent reference population for my ethnicity which is a small community. Besides, my Southwest Asian admixture is slightly higher according to this calculator.

My Eurasia K10 CHG-NAF Oracle results

Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 WHG 41.45
2 Anatolian_Farmers 21.85
3 CHG 17.98
4 EHG 15.60
5 SW_Asian 3.02

CHG seems to be a main component for South Caucasians rather than Northwest Caucasians who are a mix of Western Hunter Gatherers and Anatolian Farmers. According to the Eurasia K10 CHG, I am relatively close to an individual of English, Icelandic, RISE baSin (?), and Sardinian origin. As a Circassian, I am disappointed to see no decent reference population for my ethnicity which is a small community. Besides, my Southwest Asian admixture is slightly higher according to this calculator.
This is impossible because according to "Population Spreadsheet for Eurasia K10 CHG" Adygei have 49% CHG! Adyghe are Western Circassian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adyghe_people

PopulationCHGAmerindianW_AfricanPapuanSW_AsianS_IndianE_AsianWHGAnatolian_FarmersEHG
Abkhasian56.620.710.270.509.940.831.835.1419.015.15
Adygei49.000.590.000.447.571.204.2912.0615.619.25

But it's true that CHG is more native to South Caucasus / Iranian Plateau than North Caucasus.

I'm 100% pure Kurd (Ezdi) . My results :

Admix Results (sorted):

#PopulationPercent
1CHG46.8
2Anatolian_Farmers18.09
3SW_Asian15.41
4WHG6.01
5S_Indian5.65
6EHG4.1
7E_Asian1.92
8Amerindian1.58
9Papuan0.43

Single Population Sharing:

#Population (source)Distance
1Kurd_N3.17
2Iranian4.62
3Azeri4.9
4Kurd_C5.56
5Kurd_E7.04
6Georgian_Jew7.52
7Armenian7.53
8Iranian_Jew9.54
9Georgian10.53

As a Circassian, I am disappointed to see no decent reference population for my ethnicity which is a small community. Besides, my Southwest Asian admixture is slightly higher according to this calculator.

Your DNA is for the biggest part Germanic/NorthWest European.

I don't know who you really are, but maybe this is true?

'the Cabardians were originally a colony of Teutonic Knights' ( 'A Year among the Circassians' by John Longworth).

https://cirkassiska.wordpress.com/tag/cabardians/

You're not Caucasoid, but Europoid instead. Teutonic Knights were Germanic. Maybe you're a descendant of those Teutonic Knights. You have got a WARRIOR Y-DNA haplogroup!

Hello Goga,

I am from the Kebertei (Cabardians) people, a sub-branch of Circassians (aka Adyghe). I see that your population approximation results well-matched with your own ethnicity. This is very good.

Yes, my CHG score is 18%. A few days ago, I saw Adyghe scoring CHG around 25% in a spreadsheet, and now you are saying that they can have up to 49%. Very interesting, indeed. Do you know by any chance which sub-branch (or tribe) of Adyghe was included in this particular study? I also wonder where they live. It is even surprising to see that Circassians have found entry in these studies because we are a small community and live in different countries. It is not easy for a researcher to contact a pure (colloquially) Circassian and to convince him to volunteer.

The fact that all my grandparents are known to be Circassian only (and from the same sub-branch) was one of the reasons why I took a genetic test, but I don't think many of us did so. So far on Eurasia K10 CHG, I am treated as being close to a mixture of English, Icelandic, Sardinian, and RISE BaSin, which is a little disappointing. I wish there was a separate study focussing on Circassians. That way I would be able to get more proper matches. Seeing these comparison results available, I started to think that the Circassian sample of this calculator might have included people with partial Circassian descent. This is possible, isn't it?

I'm posting the aforesaid results of mine.

Elapsed Time: 2.47 seconds

Population
CHG17.98
Amerindian0.10
W_African-
Papuan-
SW_Asian3.02
S_Indian-
E_Asian-
WHG41.45
Anatolian_Farmers21.85
EHG15.60

Threshold of components set to 1.000
Threshold of method set to 0.25%
Personal data has been read. 20 approximations mode.
Gedmatch.Com

Eurasia K10 CHG 4-Ancestors Oracle

This program is based on 4-Ancestors Oracle Version 0.96 by Alexandr Burnashev.
Questions about results should be sent to him at: [email protected]
Original concept proposed by Sergey Kozlov.
Many thanks to Alexandr for helping us get this web version developed.

Eurasia K10 CHG-NAF Oracle

Admix Results (sorted):

#PopulationPercent
1WHG41.45
2Anatolian_Farmers21.85
3CHG17.98
4EHG15.60
5SW_Asian3.02

Finished reading population data. 134 populations found.
10 components mode.

--------------------------------

Least-squares method.

Using 1 population approximation:
1 English @ 4.394794
2 Hungarian @ 4.824864
3 French @ 5.277271
4 Czech @ 5.758362
5 Scottish @ 5.896596
6 Croatian @ 6.215229
7 Norwegian @ 7.762318
8 Icelandic @ 8.155230
9 Ukrainian @ 9.077084
10 Belarusian @ 12.386986
11 French_South @ 12.404883
12 Spanish @ 13.486613
13 Bulgarian @ 14.820071
14 Russian @ 15.324914
15 Lithuanian @ 16.616421
16 Estonian @ 17.449373
17 Finnish @ 18.377743
18 Karelia @ 20.172329
19 Albanian @ 20.470625
20 Tuscan @ 21.637604

Using 2 populations approximation:
1 50% English +50% French @ 3.498639

Using 3 populations approximation:
1 50% Icelandic +25% RISE_baSin +25% Sardinian @ 2.472422

Using 4 populations approximation:
1 English + Icelandic + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.144366
2 English + Norwegian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.290527
3 English + French_South + French_South + RISE_baSin @ 2.442289
4 Icelandic + RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Scottish @ 2.463006
5 Icelandic + Icelandic + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.472422
6 Icelandic + Norwegian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.474394
7 Czech + Icelandic + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.501649
8 Norwegian + Norwegian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.536146
9 English + English + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.538188
10 Norwegian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Scottish @ 2.578147
11 English + RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Scottish @ 2.587878
12 Czech + Norwegian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.618320
13 Czech + English + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.674050
14 Belarusian + English + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.689281
15 English + RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Ukrainian @ 2.744585
16 RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Scottish + Scottish @ 2.768608
17 French + Lithuanian + RISE_baSin + Sardinian @ 2.769079
18 French + French_South + French_South + RISE_baSin @ 2.775010
19 Czech + RISE_baSin + Sardinian + Scottish @ 2.839127
20 French_South + French_South + RISE_baSin + Scottish @ 2.861318

Done.

Elapsed time 0.2424 seconds.

Your DNA is for the biggest part Germanic/NorthWest European.

I don't know who you really are, but maybe this is true?

'the Cabardians were originally a colony of Teutonic Knights' ( 'A Year among the Circassians' by John Longworth).

https://cirkassiska.wordpress.com/tag/cabardians/

You're not Caucasoid, but Europoid instead. Teutonic Knights were Germanic. Maybe you're a descendant of those Teutonic Knights. You have got a WARRIOR Y-DNA haplogroup!

Why would the Cabardians be a colony of Teutonic Knights? This is not something I have heard before. Is this from a book?

I guess it's not possible to be non-Caucasoid and Europoid at the same time. Aren't they synonymous? Well, it's true that the features of isolated Circassians share overlap with those of North Europeans, but I don't think this is because we are descended from Germanic people. It has to do with the fact that the ancestors of Germanic people or Y-DNA G, I, J haplogroups in general originated from the Caucasus. I would really like to find out more about the origin of my Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups.

Hello Goga,

I am from the Kebertei (Cabardians) people, a sub-branch of Circassians (aka Adyghe). I see that your population approximation results well-matched with your own ethnicity. This is very good.

Yes, my CHG score is 18%. A few days ago, I saw Adyghe scoring CHG around 25% in a spreadsheet, and now you are saying that they can have up to 49%. Very interesting, indeed. Do you know by any chance which sub-branch (or tribe) of Adyghe was included in this particular study? I also wonder where they live. It is even surprising to see that Circassians have found entry in these studies because we are a small community and live in different countries. It is not easy for a researcher to contact a pure (colloquially) Circassian and to convince him to volunteer. ...

... Seeing these comparison results available, I started to think that the Circassian sample of this calculator might have included. This is possible, isn't it?
Adyghe are the real Maykop / native Circassian folks. Your DNA is NOT native to North Caucasus. Your DNA is Germanic (Europoid) and not Caucasian (Caucasoid).

I've got my data of Adyghe from here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ObXiVfL-RzQzVxR0F0RDF1WlU/view

Yeah, Adyghe samples are included in this calculator.

As you can see Adyghe (native Circassians) are at number 14 in my 'Single Population Sharing'

#Population (source)Distance
1Kurd_N3.17
2Iranian4.62
3Azeri4.9
4Kurd_C5.56
5Kurd_E7.04
6Georgian_Jew7.52
7Armenian7.53
8Iranian_Jew9.54
9Georgian10.53
10Azeri_Dagestan10.77
11Abkhasian10.95
12Turkish11.06
13Kumyk11.67
14Adygei11.73

Why would the Cabardians be a colony of Teutonic Knights? This is not something I have heard before. Is this from a book?

I guess it's not possible to be non-Caucasoid and Europoid at the same time. Aren't they synonymous? Well, it's true that the features of isolated Circassians share overlap with those of North Europeans, but I don't think this is because we are descended from Germanic people. It has to do with the fact that the ancestors of Germanic people or Y-DNA G, I, J haplogroups in general originated from the Caucasus. I would really like to find out more about the origin of my Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups.
I don't know if that's true, but yeah it's from the book: 'A Year among the Circassians' by John Longworth. https://cirkassiska.wordpress.com/tag/cabardians/

https://books.google.nl/books?id=9d...IKTAC#v=onepage&q=cabardians teutonic&f=false

With all due respect, but your DNA is not Caucasian (Caucasoid), but Central European (Europoid). You have to much WHG & EHG for being North Caucasian (Caucasoid). Your Y-DNA hg. I1 is from NorthWest Europe.

You are a descendant of the Teutonic Knights! You have their DNA!

The distance for your closest match is 3.17. Mine is almost 5, so the calculator fails to find a closer match for me. Besides, why do you have three different Kurd population in your results? You are lucky that there are so many Kurd samples.

In my case, there seems to be no proper Circassians samples in these studies. As I said, the Circassian population of such calculators might have included people with partial Circassian descent as it's not that easy to find a pure Circassian.

The distance for your closest match is 3.17. Mine is almost 5, so the calculator fails to find a closer match for me. Besides, why do you have three different Kurd population in your results? You are lucky that there are so many Kurd samples.

In my case, there seems to be no proper Circassians samples in these studies. As I said, the Circassian population of such calculators might have included people with partial Circassian descent as it's not that easy to find a pure Circassian.

I think they mean Kurds from North, East and Central Kurdistan. Northern Kurds are the closest to me. That makes sense, because 75% of my ancestors are from North Kurdistan, while my paternal tribe is from Shengal (Ezdixan), Central-South Kurdistan. I don't know why, but according to this calculator Iranians (Persians) are closer to me than Kurds from Central & East Kurdistan. This doesn't make any sense at all, because it's the FIRST calculator that gives this result.

Yeah, there're 2 different Circassians. Those who speak Adyghe dialect of Circassian and other who speak Kabardian dialect of Circassian language. Both dialects are almost the same and do belong to a Circassian language!

Adyghe are WEST Circassians, while Kabardian are EAST Circassians.

Your DNA is absolutely NOT the same as that of WEST Circassians, those who are NATIVE to North Caucasus / MAYKOP / Adygeya.

Your DNA is not native to North Caucasus, it is not even native to Russia....

I don't know if that's true, but yeah it's from the book: 'A Year among the Circassians' by John Longworth. https://cirkassiska.wordpress.com/tag/cabardians/

With all due respect, but your DNA is not Caucasian (Caucasoid), but Central European (Europoid). You have to much WHG & EHG for being North Caucasian (Caucasoid). Your Y-DNA hg. I1 is from NorthWest Europe.

Some studies state that 10% to 30% of Circassians can be I1 and I2. That doesn't mean that I am a descendant of the Teutonic Knights. Circassians are predominantly G2a (60 to 80%). In addition to I, they belong to R1a (up to 20%), R1b (up to 10%), and J2 (up to 5%) lineages. As to my mitochondrial DNA haplogroup, it's H2a1 which is one of the most common subclades for Circassian people.

Moreover, North Caucasians are not a single entity. Circassians are only one of them and originate from the Northwesternmost part of the Caucasus region, but in scientific racism Circassians are not even a North Caucasian race (check the link please). In terms of Y-DNA as well, today's North Caucasians are very distant to each other. In the North Caucasus, there are numerous languages from different language families. The dominant Y-DNA haplogroup for Ossetians is G2a whereas Nakhs belong to J2 (up to 80%). Most Dagestanian people are dominated by Y-DNA J1. However, another North Caucasian group called Dargwa people of Dagestan has a very high density of Y-DNA I (up to 60%), so all these haplogroups are actually native to this region.

As to my Y-DNA Haplogrup, the Wikipedia says that,

"The greatest density of Haplogoup I is to be found in Bosnia and Herzegovina 65%,[9] i.e. Bosniaks 50.1%[10] - 73%.[10] Other higher than average densities occur in the Caucasus. Darginians of Dagestan 58% and Abkhazians 33%,[11]Croatia 38%[9][12][13] - 44%,[10]Hvar 66%,[12]Korčula 54%,[12]Serbia 36.28%[9] - 48%,[14] Norway 40%,[13][15] 23.6% of German males carry the haplogroup I mutation[16] (highest frequency in Northern Germany 37.5%[8]), Sardinia 37%[17] (42%[13]), Sweden (North 26%,[13]Gotland & Värmland50%[18]), Denmark 39%,[13][19]Montenegro 38%,[10][14] (36%[20]), Iceland 33%, and West Finland 41%, though the figure drops in East Finland to 20%.[21]"

Your Y-DNA haplogroup I1-P109 is a pure Germanic/southern Scandinavian haplogroup. Even Danish Vikings belonged to that haplogroup. I'm sure that some GERMANIC Teutonic Knights also belonged to this haplogroup. This haplogroup evolved and came to birth in Germanic homeland.

Your auDNA is also very North-Cenral European.

I know that Caucasus is very diverse. Ossetians are Iranid people, in Caucasus live also some Turkic people, while most of them are native Caucasians. Not only Adyghe (native Circassian) folks, but ALL those native Caucasians have VERY high CHG auDNA component. It's not only about Y-DNA. All of them have around 50% of CHG.

That's why I'm saying that your auDNA is NOT native to Caucasus, not even native to Russia. Russians have much more EHG etc.. So, it has to be NorthCentral European, TEUTONIC !!!

You noticed that after Iranid people, the native Caucasian folks are the closest to me?

9Georgian10.53
10Azeri_Dagestan10.77
11Abkhasian10.95
14Adygei11.73

Native Circassians / Northern Caucasians are closer to me that to you. So, I don't think your are native to Caucasus...

Your Y-DNA haplogroup I1-P109 is a pure Germanic/southern Scandinavian haplogroup. Even Danish Vikings belonged to that haplogroup. I'm sure that some GERMANIC Teutonic Knights also belonged to this haplogroup. This haplogroup evolved and came to birth in Germanic homeland.

Your auDNA is also very North-Cenral European.

I know that Caucasus is very diverse. Ossetians are Iranid people, in Caucasus live also some Turkic people, while most of them are native Caucasians. Not only Adyghe (native Circassian) folks, but ALL those native Caucasians have VERY high CHG auDNA component. It's not only about Y-DNA. All of them have around 50% of CHG.

That's why I'm saying that your auDNA is NOT native to Caucasus, not even native to Russia. Russians have much more EHG etc.. So, it has to be NorthCentral European, TEUTONIC !!!

You noticed that after Iranid people, the native Caucasian folks are the closest to me?

9Georgian10.53
10Azeri_Dagestan10.77
11Abkhasian10.95
14Adygei11.73

Native Circassians / Northern Caucasians are closer to me that to you. So, I don't think your are native to Caucasus...

The Rus Vikings got assimilated by the Slavs a millennia ago and helped to form the Russian Empire. Tear Nicholas Ii was also said to have a Germanic haplogroup; Ydna R1B-U106. So perhaps German tribes got assimilated into the caucus but that doesn't make him 100% German automatically
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/varangians.shtml

Nicholas Ii was also said to have a Germanic haplogroup; Ydna R1B-U106.

Nicholas' paternal line was German; the dukes of Holstein-Gottorp; his paternal ancestor Carl Frederick (1700-1739) married Anna, the daughter of tsar Peter I.
afterwards, the Holstein-Gottorp line became known as Romanov, but its a recent German line.

I don't think my DNA is not native to the Caucasus where there are still numerous ethnic groups who are not closely related to each other. I didn't get what you mean by the word Europoid, but my ancestors, Circassians, come from the Northwestern part of the region, and we are not Asian.

The north of the country was held by the European Circassians while the Asiatic Avars invaded from the east, and a number of other smaller Turkic invaders penetrated the region, especially during the era of the great Muslim invasions of the Middle East.

The Circassians were in fact a tribe from North West Caucasus, but their name became interchangeable with Caucasian. Beauty treatments such as ‘The Bloom of Circassia’ lotion were bestsellers in Europe and the US throughout the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Blue-eyed Caucasian regiments today form the cream of the Sultan’s army. Circassian beauties are admired for their abundant and luxuriant yellow hair and blue eyes.

The daughter of a Circassian was a dazzling beauty with the complexion of a German blonde.

https://circassianbeauties.wordpress.com

https://books.google.nl/books?id=9d...IKTAC#v=onepage&q=cabardians teutonic&f=false

The Rus Vikings got assimilated by the Slavs a millennia ago and helped to form the Russian Empire. Tear Nicholas Ii was also said to have a Germanic haplogroup; Ydna R1B-U106. So perhaps German tribes got assimilated into the caucus but that doesn't make him 100% German automatically
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/varangians.shtml

The link that you provided includes some other interesting quotations. I have just seen another one from the book entitled Gothonic Nations which talks about the Circassian Giants. The full name of the book is Our forefathathers: The Gothonic nations: A manual of the ethnography of the Gothic, German, Dutch, Anglo-Saxon, Frisian and Scandinavian peoples. It is interesting to read these, but I don't think my ancestors were Germanic people who got assimilated in the Caucasus. I don't think we have any relationship except for some ancient links and physical characteristics that are similar to a certain extent. Both groups are known for their fair features and tall height. Thor and Tho means God in Circassian language as well, and I see there are similarities between Circassian and Germanic mythologies if this is what you're referring to the links below. Yet, this doesn't suggest that we are Germanic. Circassian language is regarded as an isolated language with no known relatives, so it's not Germanic.

(1984, c) Parallels between the Circassian Nart Sagas, the Rg Veda, and Germanic Mythology, in V. Setty Pendakur (ed.), South Asian Horizons, vol. 1, Culture and Philosophy, pp. 1-28. Ottawa: Carleton University, Canadian Asian Studies Association.

http://johncolarusso.net/pdf/Prometheus_among_the_Circassians.pdf

These are very interesting, indeed.

This thread has been viewed 37565 times.

Back