Curious
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Chinese
Y-DNA haplogroup
Not known - O3?
mtDNA haplogroup
Not known - M?
With all the money flowing out of China because the rich want their children to grow up in a clean environment in other countries, China should tackle air pollution first.

It is easiest by having a funnel tower suck the air and pass it through spray(s) of water. The water will capture the particulates first. The muddy water could be fed to swamp plants that thrive on water logged soil.

The polluted air could be bubbled through trays of water in a vertical tank of perforated trays which are fed by trickles of fresh water. The water would capture the pollutants.

I worked in water pollution and sewage treatment plants so pollution is in my field.

Last edited:
Xi Jinping, the head honcho of China is a chemical engineer. His expertise could be used to solve the pollution problem. If pollution control equipment are installed at the source of emissions it would be even more effective. The flue gases could be mixed with water mixed with caustic soda (which is alkaline) which could cool the gases and react with the acidic gases. CO2 with water forms acidic carbonic acid. If there is sulphur then one could get sulphurous liquids which are acidic.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...D2uB-rK_Rwx_cmUjVdOOew&bvm=bv.109395566,d.cGc

Last edited:
There is so much information on air pollution control. Those managers must be very corrupt by not spending a fraction of the money they are stealing and sending abroad.

They won't do anything unless regulations force them to. State has to make some sort of legal frame for it to work.

I think you are right as I don't know how the Communists work.

With all the money flowing out of China because the rich want their children to grow up in a clean environment in other countries, China should tackle air pollution first.

It is easiest by having a funnel tower suck the air and pass it through spray(s) of water. The water will capture the particulates first. The muddy water could be fed to swamp plants that thrive on water logged soil.

The polluted air could be bubbled through trays of water in a vertical tank of perforated trays which are fed by trickles of fresh water. The water would capture the pollutants.

I worked in water pollution and sewage treatment plants so pollution is in my field.
They have build so fast that they ignored putting filters on chimneys of new factories and coal power plants. Now they need to go back and fix them.
Perhaps Canada should sell them our cheap gas, so they don't need to burn all this dirty coal? Natural gas also releases half the CO2 of coal per same amount of produced energy. Well, when we at that, lets sell it to India too. They want to build a new coal power plant per week.

Perhaps Canada should sell them our cheap gas

BC is trying to build LNG plants but the low oil prices are making LNG too expensive so the projects have been on hold till the oil price goes up. There is an oil war going on. Shale oil from the North Dakota versus Saudi oil. The Saudis are afraid to lose market share so it is pumping oil as usual and Iraq is pumping out a lot of oil. Some oil in Iraq is controlled by Kurds in Kirkuk and the Islamists are also control some oil and they need it to fund their extremist drive. We have to wait it out I guess.

China is run by communists so there is little to convince them. Communists do as they please. Even people suffering doesn't faze them.

I think you are right as I don't know how the Communists work.

It's not quite about communism, that's the usual way those things get done in any system. If institutions decide to adopt a law (lets say to be in full effect in 2020), it doesn't matter much if the facilities are state owned or private owned. In US they would be financially pressured to abide to the rules, while in communist countries it isn't worth much for a state owned company to pay the fines to the state itself so they apply their actions towards the responsible people. If the institutions are serious in their intentions and consequences towards executives are serious, that can be even more effective. If government agencies are not serious in enforcing it, then it doesn't matter if it's communism or not.

I have never been to China but my simple knowledge is that Chinese government seems to veer towards authoritarian ways like China is used to having emperors. But lately the Chinese leadership has been altered and it seems the top guy cannot be a dictator like Mao (his name suggests his ancestors were Muslim).

Anyway Xi Jinping should encourage universities to develop pollution technology as so money is not wasted as people buy foreign foodstuffs and real estate abroad to escape the pollution. The pollution control industry can hire people and thus increase employment. Cleaner China would increase tourism instead of people running away from polluted Chinese cities.

Another thing, I think there is a power struggle going on right now in China. Chiang Jemin, the former Chairman, had installed his henchmen all over China and hindering the leaders that followed him like Hu and now Xi. Xi is trying to corral Chiang Jemin.

This thread has been viewed 7100 times.

Back