The Spread of Haplogroups in Europe, Especially R1b

Obviously he's being an idiot, but historically R1b has been an extremely alpha haplogroup - probably more than any other. If I were to act like idiots like Rethel who view people and societies as haplogroups (I ******* hate these people - threads like "Post your height and Y DNA"...), then I WOULD say f.e. that R1b created the modern world, and PERHAPS acted as rulers in certain parts of the ancient world.

Again, to act like Rethel, R1b is clearly more of an alpha haplogroup than something like G2a or E-V13.

Just playing Devil's advocate...

Doesn't it all depend on the time period and the area? I think you should broaden your lens both geographically and temporally.

Ydna "E" may have arisen in the Near East, but it went on to dominate all of Africa to this day and one offshoot remains important in Europe, just not your part of Europe.

For thousands of years G2a ruled the roost in Anatolia and Europe. You're guilty of looking only at one part of Europe and only after a certain point. What about the story of R1a in Eastern Europe, or South Asia?

J2 was very important in the Near East and then moved into Europe. J1 also became very dominant in the Middle East and down into Africa, both North Africa and East Africa.

That's why this is all nonsense and I usually ignore it as not worthy of notice. People without a broad education really aren't capable of making meaningful comparisons about anything, including this.

I agree with you about the height thing. I've mostly ignored that thread. It's like little boys having a pissing contest. The latter, in fact, makes more sense. When length matters men are usually horizontal and it's not their height which interests most women, to be crude about it, and no, there's not usually a direct correspondence, or at least so I've been told.

Doesn't it all depend on the time period and the area? I think you should broaden your lens both geographically and temporally.

Ydna "E" may have arisen in the Near East, but it went on to dominate all of Africa to this day and one offshoot remains important in Europe, just not your part of Europe.

For thousands of years G2a ruled the roost in Anatolia and Europe. You're guilty of looking only at one part of Europe and only after a certain point. What about the story of R1a in Eastern Europe, or South Asia?

J2 was very important in the Near East and then moved into Europe. J1 also became very dominant in the Middle East and down into Africa, both North Africa and East Africa.

That's why this is all nonsense and I usually ignore it as not worthy of notice. People without a broad education really aren't capable of making meaningful comparisons about anything, including this.

I agree with you about the height thing. I've mostly ignored that thread. It's like little boys having a pissing contest. The latter, in fact, makes more sense. When length matters men are usually horizontal and it's not their height which interests most women, to be crude about it, and no, there's not usually a direct correspondence, or at least so I've been told.

They did rule the roost, but only in the sense of rabbits or lambs. They were a peaceful farmer people who tended to stick to themselves along rivers but gradually began to assimilate native and much more primitive hunter-gatherer folk (this sounds stupid but I have an actual contempt for WHG lol, they basically never achieved anything other than being meat machines) as they strayed further away from the Middle East (or at least, that's the story I'm aware of). R1b (also R1a too) basically brutally conquered and enslaved these guys in caste systems - I don't fully get why that's a thing to be proud of, but they were clearly more alpha, and more like lions and tigers than rabbits or lambs (don't analyse that too much!).

J2 is pretty "alpha" too, and probably the most sophisticated Y DNA, or at least it can be best associated with urban centres and civilisation, as well as (pretty much) everything in the early to early-mid stages of the Civ 5 tech tree. They're the owls.

But yeah, this whole thing is ******* stupid, obviously...

And seeing as you're going down that path, and I won't bother trying to be as eloquent as you... the only correspondence is with pre-inflated length, but blood supply is more important for the length that counts.

They did rule the roost, but only in the sense of rabbits or lambs. They were a peaceful farmer people who tended to stick to themselves along rivers but gradually began to assimilate native and much more primitive hunter-gatherer folk (this sounds stupid but I have an actual contempt for WHG lol, they basically never achieved anything other than being meat machines) as they strayed further away from the Middle East (or at least, that's the story I'm aware of). R1b (also R1a too) basically brutally conquered and enslaved these guys in caste systems - I don't fully get why that's a thing to be proud of, but they were clearly more alpha, and more like lions and tigers than rabbits or lambs (don't analyse that too much!).

J2 is pretty "alpha" too, and probably the most sophisticated Y DNA, or at least it can be best associated with urban centres and civilisation, as well as (pretty much) everything in the early to early-mid stages of the Civ 5 tech tree. They're the owls.

But yeah, this whole thing is ******* stupid, obviously...

And seeing as you're going down that path, and I won't bother trying to be as eloquent as you... the only correspondence is with pre-inflated length, but blood supply is more important for the length that counts.

That's quite incorrect. We don't know if they fought the local WHG folk, although we do know of WHG like people who were in a very low position in their settlements (see the Gamba et al paper). If they didn't it may be that it wasn't necessary.

The level of violence in later Neolithic groups is quite extreme. I don't have time to look it up for you. Just use the search engine. We've discussed it numerous times.

You didn't get the Nordicist memo it seems. They love to point out how violent the farmers were. :)

Romans conquered all , except the natives of the Emerald Isle!! And the Picts north of 55' latitude!
not sure if they are all R1b ?

If you don't know the answer to that question perhaps you shouldn't be so vehemently pontificating about topics related to genetics.

No, they were by no means all R1b.

Read the definition of "ignore" please!

Keep a civil tongue in your head or you're going to be out of here in short order.

Acting like a jerk may be acceptable on certain sites, but not here.

Clear enough?

This thread has been viewed 40968 times.

Back