Hv15

cheshirecat

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-U152/L2
mtDNA haplogroup
HV15
I have just joined this forum. I have researched my ancestry for the past 37 years, and it is mostly from Cheshire and North Wales.

Recently I received my DNA ancestral test results from DNA Worldwide. My mtDNA is Haplogroup HV, and my subtype is HV15. I understand that HV is mainly found in the Red Sea area, but I can't find much information about HV15.

Can anyone suggest where I can find more about HV15?

I have just joined this forum. I have researched my ancestry for the past 37 years, and it is mostly from Cheshire and North Wales.

Recently I received my DNA ancestral test results from DNA Worldwide. My mtDNA is Haplogroup HV, and my subtype is HV15. I understand that HV is mainly found in the Red Sea area, but I can't find much information about HV15.

Can anyone suggest where I can find more about HV15?

hi

you might it in this link in a recent paper about HV

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0144391

My mother's maternal line is from Munster, Ireland area -- and my mtDNA is HV16

From the little I know it's from Mesopotamia Middle East Caucus region and Mediterranean Balkan area.

The Red Sea is from the Mesopotamia and came with men with haplogroup T-M70 usually with HV1.

Your one is seen in Germany and the UK.
It's from the general Indo European part of the Near East it's found more in the Balkans and Europe than the Near East and general Armenia or Caucasus because those Indo Europeans left and populated Europe however, it is still there to a certain degree.

This thread has been viewed 6515 times.

Back