Y-DNA descendants / relatives of La Braña (C1a2) in modern Europe

C1a2a2-Z29329:

Subcarpathia (Stare Miasto, near Rzeszów) - 1
Valencian Country (Soneja) - 1
Aragon - 1

Kit nº // Ancestor // Birth date // Location // Haplogroup
170937 // Miguel Rivas Chivas // before 1800 // Soneixa, Alt Palància, Castellón // C1a2

None here noted that Soneixa is found in "Alt Palància" where previously have been found mtDNA haplogroup D in the Malpaso Cave.

Sample // Arch. site // Period // mtDNA Haplogroup
1MP1 // Malpaso cave (Castellnou, Alt, Palància, Castellón) // Chalcolithic
5500-3200 ybp // D*

Haplogroup D* is descended from M*. mtDNA M* is found in Upper Paleolithic Europe together Y-DNA C1a2.

I don't think this is simply coincidence. Alt Palancia could be populated by C1a2 / D descendants since Paleolithic period.

The problem is that Russian and Swedish HG were also light (Russian HG more so than ENF), despite no neolithic diet.

The gradual lightening would have happened with HG as well, only the need for lighter skin is not as high. San are the lightest SS-African, and Tasmanian Aboriginals were reputed to be lighter. So the coming of the neolithic simply brought the necessity for lighter skin south.

Another problem is that estimated time of emergence of mutations for light skin seems to be older than farming:

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2015/10/10/016477.figures-only

But is the time of the selection for these mutations older than farming?

The gradual lightening would have happened with HG as well, only the need for lighter skin is not as high. San are the lightest SS-African, and Tasmanian Aboriginals were reputed to be lighter. So the coming of the neolithic simply brought the necessity for lighter skin south.
Exactly, and we can see skin lightening gradience in American HGs from equator to Inuit in north.

The C1a2 people in the paleolitic likely carried more useful neaderthal DNA and probably just more Neaderthal dna in general because they had lived during in the ice age ones c1a2 without helpful neaderthal genes would have died out Neaderthals were better adapted for high altiude and cold because of the shorter and muscular stature C1a2 still barely survived the The ice age plus migrants that had came in way larger numbers with much better technology

I have a theory for this it seems that the G2a were mostly crop farmers and did not have cattle Otzi the iceman was lactose intolerant and had no traces of dairy products. so G2a built their farms under mountains where freshwaters would come down from the mountains to help the crops grow but when winter came or if their crops were not doing well they may have gone up into the mountains to hunt in search of food because they did not have cattle that could support them year round like other Neolithic farmers in Europe when Otzi died it he was wearing lots cloths and had frostbite on his toe which suggest it may have been winter. Basically it seems like they used hunting in the mountains as a backbone when there were no crops to feed on

I have a theory for this it seems that the G2a were mostly crop farmers and did not have cattle Otzi the iceman was lactose intolerant and had no traces of dairy products. so G2a built their farms under mountains where freshwaters would come down from the mountains to help the crops grow but when winter came or if their crops were not doing well they may have gone up into the mountains to hunt in search of food because they did not have cattle that could support them year round like other Neolithic farmers in Europe when Otzi died it he was wearing lots cloths and had frostbite on his toe which suggest it may have been winter. Basically it seems like they used hunting in the mountains as a backbone when there were no crops to feed on

"The domestic animal species bred by LBK farmers are mainly cattle, followed by pig, sheep and goat"
"Hunting of wild animals is only of small relevance in the LBK of the study region"
Oelze et al

So if we look Paternal haplogroups in europe during the neolitic which would we associate with herding, crop farming, hunter gatherers, ranching, nomadic or sedantary farmers, poultry, and fishing. Basically which haplogroups do we associate with these lifestyles in neolitic euroupe

this is a very interesting discovery. what reason is behind such survival strategy ? for self protection using natural barriers like mountains , or islands surrounded by water ? less accessible for others to come ? trying to stay away from 'something"?

What strikes me is that even of these few samples of C1a2 and C2b1a which have been identified in modern Europe, most are carried by people who live in (or whose earliest known paternal ancestors come from) either mountainous, surrounded by mountains (basins / valleys) or water from most sides (islands / peninsulas), as well as otherwise remote regions. I don't think that it is just a coincidence.

Rivas, Alto Palancia, Spain

C1a2a2-Z29329 it is not possible that they were the original inhabitants of Alto Palancia. The ancestor of Soneja, my ancestor, descends from an ancestor of Las Alcublas, inland area of the current province of Valencia, which in turn descends from the area of Catalonia, especially L?rida.

As a descendant of Miguel Rivas Chivas de Soneja (Soneixa) in Alto Palancia, I do not think that this assumption is exact, because I have proven, according to the Population Letter of November 27, 1609 from Soneja, that the Rivas de Soneja (Jer?nimo and Jaime Ribes [Rivas]) descend from Alcublas, a town conquered from the Muslims by King Jaime I of Aragon before 1238, which was repopulated by Catalan and Aragonese Christians.
This was scientifically corroborated because I did through FTDNA the tests corresponding to a male whose ancestors are from Alcublas, with my same last name, and he corresponds to the same Haplogroup as me.
Conclusion: C1a2a2-Z29329, at least in the case of Miguel Rivas Chivas, my ancestor, is not originally from Alto Palancia, but from another area.

This thread has been viewed 24367 times.

Back