DNA of Viking rulers of Normandy coming in autumn

After testing the age of the teeth and bones scientists realized they could not belong to Rollo's grandson and great grandson. I think one of the bones tested 2000 years old. So we won't know anytime soon what their haplogroups were.

My paternal ancestry is Norman.

My Y-DNA Haplogroup is J2a1h2a1 [J2-L70 (J2-L397, J2-L398)]

My Paternal Ancestry:

I'm a direct male descendant of Daniel "The Huguenot" Perrin. All documented. Search his name and you can find a genealogy book one of my relatives wrote in 1910. TheIslandWiki website has our genealogy too.

I'm currently going through the book "Armorial of Jersey" written by James Bertrand Payne in 1859 documenting the families and genealogies of these families. My family is in there, but still making all the connections. I've only been studying my family history for a few months now. I think Jersey released new documents. I'm hoping to make further connections in due time.

This is as far back I can go currently with documented proof.

Comte Du Perrin
Pierre Perrin
Daniel Perrin "The Huguenot"
Henry Perrin
John Perrine
Peter Perrine
James Mount Perrine
Isaac H. Perrine
Raymond Ely Perrine (Great Grandfather)
Lyman Perrine (My Grandfather)
Lyman Eric Perrine (My Father)
Lyman Eric Perrine Jr (Me)

He was one of the first European Settlers in New York. 1665.
He came from the Isle of Jersey and is of Norman/French ancestry.
My family was Seigneurs of Guernsey and Rozel.
My ancestors were also Knights that helped William the Conqueror take the throne.

It's possible my J2 comes from the French(Frank) part of my ancestry. Hard to determine the further back you go. In every reference to my ancestors though they are described as Normans.

My paternal ancestry is Norman.

My Y-DNA Haplogroup is J2a1h2a1 [J2-L70 (J2-L397, J2-L398)]

My Paternal Ancestry:

I'm a direct male descendant of Daniel "The Huguenot" Perrin. All documented. Search his name and you can find a genealogy book one of my relatives wrote in 1910. TheIslandWiki website has our genealogy too.

I'm currently going through the book "Armorial of Jersey" written by James Bertrand Payne in 1859 documenting the families and genealogies of these families. My family is in there, but still making all the connections. I've only been studying my family history for a few months now. I think Jersey released new documents. I'm hoping to make further connections in due time.

This is as far back I can go currently with documented proof.

Comte Du Perrin
Pierre Perrin
Daniel Perrin "The Huguenot"
Henry Perrin
John Perrine
Peter Perrine
James Mount Perrine
Isaac H. Perrine
Raymond Ely Perrine (Great Grandfather)
Lyman Perrine (My Grandfather)
Lyman Eric Perrine (My Father)
Lyman Eric Perrine Jr (Me)

He was one of the first European Settlers in New York. 1665.
He came from the Isle of Jersey and is of Norman/French ancestry.
My family was Seigneurs of Guernsey and Rozel.
My ancestors were also Knights that helped William the Conqueror take the throne.

It's possible my J2 comes from the French(Frank) part of my ancestry. Hard to determine the further back you go. In every reference to my ancestors though they are described as Normans.
Have you some French Norman cousins with your autosomal DNA? Did you try Gedmatch ?

Have we come any closer to discovering the answer to this question? R-P312 could make sense if this subclade was in fact distributed by the Bell Beaker Culture. I am downstream from this subclade, and my oral family history states that our most distant known paternal ancestor came to Scotland from Denmark. Further and deeper testing of these ancient and near-ancient samples would go a long way to elucidating our true origins.

Rollo was said to be a tall heavy man that no horse could not carry. I'm going with haplogroup I.

Rollo was said to be a tall heavy man that no horse could not carry. I'm going with haplogroup I.

The Horse that the viking age used were very small, they are still around in Iceland today. It would not be too difficult, to not be able to ride such a horse if a person was tall, In Iceland even today riding those type horses, shows that many men have to lean backwards to have there feet clear.
Rollo,s nickname makes common sense, as he was believed to be tall. It was possibly the same sized Horse also used in Anglo Saxon England. The Normans no doubt began to use larger Arabian type horses, acquired through there experience's on their travels, and adapted their fighting skills accordingly. It, was possibly this 'difference' that resulted in the Norman victory at Hastings, by his descendant William.

Regarding the Update, Dna etc bones. I recall they had some problems, and were unable to prove a connection to Rollo.

to make thing interesting i will go with r1a :)

[h=2]Shocking Discovery – The Skeletons Are Much Older[/h][FONT=&quot]Forensic experts from Centre for GeoGenetics in Copenhagen, Denmark and University of Oslo, Norway have now examined the two corpses in the burial and released the results.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The results are disappointing, not only for the Danes, but also for the Norwegians. The two skeletons in the sarcophagus are in no way related to Viking Rollo. They are much older![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These skeletons have nothing to do with Rollo. The skeletons in the sarcophagus are in fact much older, one from 250-300 years before our era and the other from around the year 700, that is, before the Viking era, “ says historian and project initiator Sturla Ellingvåg from Foundation explico.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The condition of the skeletons were unfortunately very poor, and researchers were unable to obtain DNA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is really interesting is that the elder skeleton is actually from 3rd Century BC![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“This has caused quite a stir, and since the elder is from 1-2 centuries before the Roman conquest of the area, we are speculating if this could be the relic of a early Celtic chieftain. At the moment, we have sent in a tooth for Strontium Isotop analysis, and we expect to know more about this issue soon,” Ellingvåg says.

http://www.ancientpages.com/2017/01...tinues-surprising-discovery-in-ancient-grave/

[/FONT]

I'd be curious to know my Haplogroup E-FTA50192 matches "P"iggots and many Picketts match who are E-FT364624 I wonder if I'm related to Romano Brits that left following pull out of Rome and settled in Brittany or Normandy then reentered. Apparently the word "P"ig is censored fyi...

This thread has been viewed 36038 times.

Back