• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh. Why did you have to pick that example? I've honestly heard that sentiment numerous times, always from people who can't code, and it's like they're still thinking computers are some kind of magic machines that embody "the future."

To be fair, I say that as I sit at home "working" on a Thursday (programming and watching Netflix), but it's not an answer.

/end mini-rant

I didn't get the impression he wanted someone to assassinate Clinton at all. What would be the point? In this scenario, she's already appointed anti-constitution judges, and killing her wouldn't retroactively negate their confirmation.

If we're going to entertain the notion that he was referencing violence, it makes far more sense (in the scenario he described) that the violence would ensue between Americans unwilling to abandon one of the founding notions of their country and those who wish to oppress them. It's something of a silly scenario anyway, because if it gets to the point of the federal government deciding that the American Bill of Rights is effectively abolished because five people said so, we'll simply see large swaths of the country telling the feds to **** off. It would never get to the point of LEOs kicking in doors to confiscate weapons, because the majority of such have no intention of ever doing so (according to the largest surveys of such people available), and the government doesn't have the power to enforce such a thing regardless.

The genius (or accidental idiocy, if you prefer) of his position is that it plays to the far paranoia of the black helicopters crew whilst being entirely defensible in a traditional American sense. If the government decides to abolish the Bill of Rights and tyrannize you, you're supposed to shoot them. That's essentially how the country was founded.

The only people he actually "lost" with such comments are those who were never going to support him in the first place.

You're giving him far too much credit for thinking before he opens his mouth to speak. Do I believe he was advocating that second amendment types go out and shoot her? Of course not. That wasn't what I said. It was off the cuff, stupid, adolescent boy humor, or maybe the kind that would fly on a construction site.

I also disagree about your last point. He is definitely losing people because of his shenanigans, at least if the people I know are any indication. More than a few of my neighbors and friends, rank and file Republicans who are moderate socially but conservative economically, who had indeed been part of the "Never Trump" crowd, changed their minds and were going to hold their noses and vote for him because he isn't Hillary, but also because they like some of his economic proposals, are backing off again, not because he's advocating violence, but because he's acting like a childish, self-centered buffoon with no ability or maybe willingness to control himself and what comes out of his mouth. Somebody like this can't be trusted with the Presidency of the most powerful country on the planet.

He's certainly been diving in the polls not only nationally but in states like Pennsylvania that were starting to look pretty good for him. Some of that, of course, may be because Hillary pressed a lot of the right buttons at her convention, including promises to the working class. It doesn't mean anything, just like it didn't mean anything when she made all those promises to the people of upstate New York to win her Senate seat.

Those, oh, just send them to school to learn computer skills and that'll take care of it comments irritate the heck out of me, especially when it's said by people like Bill Clinton, who obviously knows better. First of all, many of them aren't capable of learning the higher paid skills, or there aren't enough jobs in their area, or they don't pay what there old jobs paid in the case of the most well paid blue collar jobs. The only benefit would be to the junior colleges which, along with four year colleges, specialize in taking money from people for courses they're not qualified to complete, or which don't fit you for any real job.

There, now I've depressed myself again. :)

I also disagree about your last point. He is definitely losing people because of his shenanigans, at least if the people I know are any indication. More than a few of my neighbors and friends, rank and file Republicans who are moderate socially but conservative economically, who had indeed been part of the "Never Trump" crowd, changed their minds and were going to hold their noses and vote for him because he isn't Hillary, but also because they like some of his economic proposals, are backing off again, not because he's advocating violence, but because he's acting like a childish, self-centered buffoon with no ability or maybe willingness to control himself and what comes out of his mouth.

She certainly seems to be trying to make such shifts easier for people:

CNN said:
Hillary Clinton is suddenly sounding a lot like Donald Trump, at least on trade.

For months, Trump has slammed U.S. trade deals with Mexico and South Korea as "horrible" and "disastrous." He wants to fix them by placing hefty fines -- known as tariffs -- on goods coming into the U.S. from foreign countries that don't play fair.

Now, Clinton says she's ready to impose tariffs too.

"When countries break the rules, we won't hesitate to impose targeted tariffs," she told the crowd at a manufacturing plant in Warren, Michigan. She said China and other countries have "gamed the system for too long."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/11/news/economy/hillary-clinton-trade/index.html

Hacker demonstrates how voting machines can be compromised
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rigged-...ckers-demonstrate-voting-threat-old-machines/

Concerns are growing over the possibility of a rigged presidential election. Experts believe a cyberattack this year could be a reality, especially following last month's hack of Democratic National Committee emails.
The ranking member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee sent a letter Monday to the Department of Homeland Security, saying in part: "Election security is critical, and a cyberattack by foreign actors on our elections systems could compromise the integrity of our voting process."

Roughly 70 percent of states in the U.S. use some form of electronic voting. Hackers told CBS News that problems with electronic voting machines have been around for years. The machines and the software are old and antiquated. But now with millions heading to the polls in three months, security experts are sounding the alarm, reports CBS News correspondent Mireya Villarreal.

For weeks, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has told his supporters the outcome of the 2016 election could be out of his control.

"I'm afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have got to be honest," Trump said to Ohio voters last week.
But for the hackers at Symantec Security Response, Election Day results could be manipulated by an affordable device you can find online.
"I can insert it, and then it resets the card, and now I'm able to vote again," said Brian Varner, a principle researcher at Symantec, demonstrating the device.

The voter doesn't even need to leave the booth to hack the machine.
"For $15 and in-depth knowledge of the card, you could hack the vote," Varner said.

Symantec Security Response director Kevin Haley said elections can also be hacked by breaking into the machines after the votes are collected.

"The results go from that machine into a piece of electronics that takes it to the central counting place," Haley said. "That data is not encrypted and that's vulnerable for manipulation."
"How big of a hacking potential problem is this?" Villarreal asked him.
"Well, there's a huge potential," Haley responded. "There are so many places in the voting process once it goes electronic that's vulnerable."

According to a report from the Brennan Center for Justice, one reason these voting systems are so vulnerable is their age.

"We found that more than 40 states are using voting machines there that are at least 10 years" old, Brennan Center for Justice researcher Christopher Famighetti said.
Denise Merrill, president of the National Association of Secretaries of State, said the lack of funding keeps most precincts from updating their systems. But all machines have to meet specific government standards.
"The idea of a national hack of some sort is almost ridiculous because there is no national system," Merrill said.

In fact, the more than 9,000 voting districts across the country all have different ways of running their elections -- down to the type of machine they use. But Merrill said there are checks in place to prevent fraud.

"Our voting systems are heavily regulated. They're tested both before and after. There are paper trails everywhere...by in large, I would say the American election system works very well," Merrill said.
CBS News learned that only 60 percent of states routinely conduct audits post-election by checking paper trails. But not all states even have paper records, like in some parts of swing states Virginia and Pennsylvania, which experts say could be devastating.
The Election Assistance Commission told CBS News that it ensures all voting systems are vigorously tested against security standards and that systems certified by the EAC are not connected to the Internet.

(Just quoting from my dad since I feel like it fits this thread :) ) "Every technology is hackable, it's how your device notifies you that counts"

If the hacks are truly going under the Secutity's noses then I suppose it's time for an upgrade.

You're giving him far too much credit for thinking before he opens his mouth to speak. Do I believe he was advocating that second amendment types go out and shoot her? Of course not. That wasn't what I said. It was off the cuff, stupid, adolescent boy humor, or maybe the kind that would fly on a construction site.

I also disagree about your last point. He is definitely losing people because of his shenanigans, at least if the people I know are any indication. More than a few of my neighbors and friends, rank and file Republicans who are moderate socially but conservative economically, who had indeed been part of the "Never Trump" crowd, changed their minds and were going to hold their noses and vote for him because he isn't Hillary, but also because they like some of his economic proposals, are backing off again, not because he's advocating violence, but because he's acting like a childish, self-centered buffoon with no ability or maybe willingness to control himself and what comes out of his mouth. Somebody like this can't be trusted with the Presidency of the most powerful country on the planet.

He's certainly been diving in the polls not only nationally but in states like Pennsylvania that were starting to look pretty good for him. Some of that, of course, may be because Hillary pressed a lot of the right buttons at her convention, including promises to the working class. It doesn't mean anything, just like it didn't mean anything when she made all those promises to the people of upstate New York to win her Senate seat.

Those, oh, just send them to school to learn computer skills and that'll take care of it comments irritate the heck out of me, especially when it's said by people like Bill Clinton, who obviously knows better. First of all, many of them aren't capable of learning the higher paid skills, or there aren't enough jobs in their area, or they don't pay what there old jobs paid in the case of the most well paid blue collar jobs. The only benefit would be to the junior colleges which, along with four year colleges, specialize in taking money from people for courses they're not qualified to complete, or which don't fit you for any real job.

There, now I've depressed myself again. :)
Well, all that aside, Trump's got my vote.

You know a smart person when you're dealing with me.

What worse reason? Your own existence?

When Hillary Clinton gets elected, it's going to be Doom HOE2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_II:_Hell_on_Earth#Plot

Dude that is a video game from the 90's, I'm sure that a giant devil is not gonna terrorize America like Godzilla ^_^. At least under Hillary was Secretary, Osama Bin Laden was token care off only to get bombarded by Bengazi; killing one of her Ambassadors.

The White House also lost someone during Benghazi. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Christopher_Stevens

You mentioned DOOM! AWESOME GAME! I remember watching my dad play it lol! We need to enhance technology to the point where we can literally run around in real life shooting virtual demos with guns and grinding them up with chainsaws lol made even more fun while drunk lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0r0n0I0hwc

13700029_10156076781021515_923722417341446856_n.jpg

Or maybe he's just a put up job by Hillary and the Democrats. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but he is such a disaster as a candidate that it almost seems as if he has to be doing some of these things on purpose. This is not how someone who wants to win acts.

Im resisting not to fall into conspiracy thing, but I cannot help thinking the same. Is it all fixed? Now he is shuffling his campaign team. He wants a group to allow him to be what he is. Mr Trump. So he was not being himself so far? This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-campaign-manager-kellyanne-conway-227097

It is most definitely fixed. I have not found any significant people who have expressed a good opinion or will to vote for that sick deranged woman. (Hillary Clinton) Not even black gangsters from South-central Los Angeles.

All according to plan.

No, I don't mean Trump's a Democrat operative. But in certain quarters, the Republican establishment are seen as, essentially, sell-outs who would only prolong the decline many perceive our country to be in. The idea is that either Trump wins and actually reverses (at least) some of the symptoms of that decline, or Clinton wins and accelerates it, so something better can be created out of the inevitable destruction.

Seems Donald Trump won Eupedia. Can't believe it.

Peop
le don't like Conspiracy theories but, Hillary Clinton is definitely rigging the votes. Even Communists hate her. That should tell people something. Does anyone with a brain cell even want to vote-in this woman? She is obviously paying people to vote for her.

I hate to say it, but Trump just isn't a president. He's a celebrity. He will help the USA for a few years ... but it will only stagnant. Boy, isn't this crap? And imagine if Hillary gets in there. Nobody wants this woman, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 703788 times.

Back