12 21.43%
  • Ted Cruz

3 5.36%
  • Marco Rubio

4 7.14%
  • Donald Trump

24 42.86%
Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

This elections in USA remember me some elections in Albania and other ex-communist countries. This are a clear prove of the political crisis in USA. And this political crisis is the result of economicall crisis. Both candidates don`t convince me. But this Trump is a real danger for the USA.
    17 Dec.
    Paget to the Council.
    Now the Council's letters seem to imply (words quoted) that the King will keep no strangers save the Albanoys.
    Cales, 17 Dec. 1545. Signed.
    O me zhabat në moçale, o me zhgabat lart në male!
    -Petro Nini Luarasi-

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by LABERIA View Post
    This elections in USA remember me some elections in Albania and other ex-communist countries. This are a clear prove of the political crisis in USA. And this political crisis is the result of economicall crisis. Both candidates don`t convince me. But this Trump is a real danger for the USA.
    And a proof that most people can't think logically and objectively. Most people will go with their "gut feeling", that is overwhelmingly with their fear, insecurities, and hope of promised financial gains. This is hardly a surprise though, as we knew that since ages.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Level

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    And a proof that most people can't think logically and objectively. Most people will go with their "gut feeling", that is overwhelmingly with their fear, insecurities, and hope of promised financial gains. This is hardly a surprise though, as we knew that since ages.
    It's called populism. You speak to the people about their problems, of their fears, etc, but you don't give solutions to the problems. This is exactly what Trump is doing in his campaign. A candidat for President of USA who don't have an idea about the American policy on China!!!
    From the other side, a grandmother as a President of USA is nonsense.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

It's called populism. You speak to the people about their problems, of their fears, etc, but you don't give solutions to the problems. This is exactly what Trump is doing in his campaign. A candidat for President of USA who don't have an idea about the American policy on China!!!
    From the other side, a grandmother as a President of USA is nonsense.
    Why not? There were so many grandfathers as presidents.

Level

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Why not? There were so many grandfathers as presidents.
    Yes, but not USA and not in this moment.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

There are grandmothers and there are grandmothers. Both Gold Meir and Margaret Thatcher were grandmothers when they led their countries. Whether you liked them or disliked them I don't know how anyone could think they weren't tough enough for the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Actually, in my experience there's no one as tough as elderly women. Men often get less aggressive, less domineering as they get older. Some become positively sweet and tender, leading many a parent to look at the interactions between grandfather and grandchildren and wonder, "Where was this person when I was a child myself?"

Women, on the other hand can get "tougher", less compromising.

It's my own pet theory that this reflects hormonal changes, the loss of estrogen in women and the loss of testosterone and other male hormones in men.

Whatever the cause, ask older people if they're aware of it, and I think you'll find that it's not uncommon: not universal, but not uncommon.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

Ahh Democracy .... what a beautiful thing you are 😔

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Ahh Democracy .... what a beautiful thing you are ������
    You are right, not everybody can handle it. It's only for grownups. ;)

Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Not really. Sure, he could theoretically win states (like Vermont) where all write-ins count, or states (like California) where he is on the list of official write-in candidates, but I doubt there are enough states like that for him to win outright. And he needs to win outright to win. If the election gets thrown to the House of Representatives, the Republicans are the majority there and will pick a Republican.
    It was worth a try :)

Anyways just saw this on the news, an 111 year old African American church from Greenville Mississippi was graffitied with the words "vote for Trump" and set on fire.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37842977
    Last edited by Twilight; 03-11-16 at 06:53.

Level

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    There are grandmothers and there are grandmothers. Both Gold Meir and Margaret Thatcher were grandmothers when they led their countries. Whether you liked them or disliked them I don't know how anyone could think they weren't tough enough for the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Actually, in my experience there's no one as tough as elderly women. Men often get less aggressive, less domineering as they get older. Some become positively sweet and tender, leading many a parent to look at the interactions between grandfather and grandchildren and wonder, "Where was this person when I was a child myself?"

Women, on the other hand can get "tougher", less compromising.

It's my own pet theory that this reflects hormonal changes, the loss of estrogen in women and the loss of testosterone and other male hormones in men.

Whatever the cause, ask older people if they're aware of it, and I think you'll find that it's not uncommon: not universal, but not uncommon.
    These two cases are an exception to the rule, not the rule.

1-Golda Mabovitch (Ukrainian: Ґольда Мабович) was born on May 3, 1898– December 8, 1978.
    4th Prime Minister of Israel In office 17 March 1969 – 3 June 1974.

She was elected as Prime Minister of Israel at the age of 71 years old and she stayed in the duty until the age of 76 years.

Resignation

Following the Yom Kippur War, Meir's government was plagued by infighting and questions over Israel's lack of preparation for the war. The Agranat Commission appointed to investigate the war cleared her of "direct responsibility", and related to her actions on Yom Kippur morning;
    She decided wisely, with common sense and speedily, in favour of the full mobilization of the reserves, as recommended by the chief-of-staff, despite weighty political considerations, thereby performing a most important service for the defence of the state.[44]
    Her party won the elections in December 1973, but she resigned on April 11, 1974, bowing to what she felt was the "will of the people" and what she felt was a sufficient premiership as well as the pending pressures of forming a coalition; "Five years are sufficient...It is beyond my strength to continue carrying this burden."[44][46] Yitzhak Rabin succeeded her on June 3, 1974.

2-Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS, FRIC (née Roberts; 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013).
    Prime Minister of the United Kingdom In office 4 May 1979 – 28 November 1990.

She was elected Prime Minister of Britain at the age of 54 years old until the age of 65 years old.

3-Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton (/ˈhɪləri daɪˈæn ˈrɒdəm ˈklɪntən/; born October 26, 1947.
    If she win, she will be elected as the President of USA at the age of 70 years old. But she has the right for an second mandate.
    Honestly i can not imagine an President of USA at the age of 78 years old, in a hypothetical situation being faced with the dilemma whether to push the nuke button or not. Remember me the dinosaurs of Politburo in ex-communists countries.
    About Trump, maybe he is good as a moderator at Stormfront or other anthroforums, but not as President of USA.
    The problem is not if she is tough or agressive.
    My opinion is that both candidates, especially Trump, don`t have an large support even in their political parties. This is a signal of the problems of the political system in the USA. The USA are a young nation but a consolidated democracy. The characteristic in political life of USA, especially during the XX century, has always been the role of the political system and the role of the individual(the President). During the XX century in difficult moments when the system has not worked, we have see great Presidents, like Roosevelt or Reagan, just to mention a couple of them, who have lead this nation in victory. For me is not important if the President of USA is he or she, white or black. But in this delicate moments when the world is in what is considered by many a WWIII, i don`t think is the right moment to make experiments with Obama, Hillary or Trump, because it`s the system who have problems now.

Level

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Augusta View Post
    This is true. The problem is that in recent years a political system increasingly pervasive in all areas of Italian society, in an increasingly global system, has really started to brake on growth of the country.
    Devi aspettare mentre le acque si calmino. You have to wait while the waters calm down.

Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

Well, well, well... Trump is leading in polls just like I predicted on 18.10., and scandal after scandal is ruining Clinton.

It turns out that she had known all of the questions in advance before all three debates. And yet she lost two of them.

North Carolina, Florida, Nevada are already leaning towards Trump. AFAIK he just needs one more - Colorado most likely.

And you know what is funny? Julian Assange has probably not yet published everything that he knows about Clinton.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We need Sanders for president!!! Forget the criminal (Hillary) and the Nazi who would erect a shrine for Hitler(Trump)
    Nazis nazis nazis everywhere! They want to gas Mexicans! Hide your heads in the sand, nazis are coming!

Please stop fearmongering like this, it's really below the belt and silly.

I'm not saying Trump is much better, but you must choose one of them and IMO Trump is the lesser evil.

But calling Clinton a criminal is, even at this point, also an exaggeration.

=======================

BTW, Sanders is a Communist. A real one, unlike your imagined phantasmal Nazis.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%

it seems the polls are changing into favouring Hillary again
    just look at Wall Street and you know

everybody is afraid of Trump

we need big fundamental changes, away from traditional politics, but with a little more vision than Trumps
    Hillary is traditional status quo

whoever becomes president, it will be another lost 6 years

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Ed. The apology to Tomenable and to our Finnish member had nothing to do with the views they express; it had to do with the fact that you were allowed to insult their ethnicity in an underhanded way.
    That was strange when an Anti-Racist intellectual like him started to look down on all Slavs and Finns just because of what two users wrote.

But who am I to say that he who poses as an Anti-Racist Nordic Superman might be subconsciously biased, racist and narcissistic himself.

Swedes are such progressives that they can admit if they do something wrong. They don't need a Pole to tell them... wait, actually... :

http://polishrights.com/?page_id=1479

Hygienists. From the History of Eugenics

Higieniści. Z dziejów eugeniki, reportage, Czarne 2013, 424 pages, ISBN 978-83-7536-211-4

Rights available: World (excl. Sweden)

In August 1997, the attention of the world media was focused on Stockholm. Could it be true that this country of democratic prosperity forced thousands of its citizens to undergo surgical sterilisation in the name of ‘racial hygiene’ as late as in the 1970s? Was it possible that the socialdemocratic Swedish authorities made a distinction between ‘the useful‘ and ‘the useless‘ citizens? How could it happen that the media had remained silent on the subject for so long? A week later the Swedish government decided to create a special commission and pay damages to the victims of forced sterilisation.

The author of the press articles that first revealed the truth about what happened was Maciej Zaremba-Bielawski. Hygienists… is an extended collection of these articles, accompanied by a number of essays on the history of eugenics, its propagators, opponents and enthusiasts in countries as different as the USA, Third Reich, Sweden and Japan. Nazi Germany never had the monopoly on eliminating individuals deemed ‘not deserving to live‘. The utopian idea to perfect the human race through selective breeding has a long and astonishing tradition. In the 1930s it found its supporters among leading Polish intelectuals, such as Tadeusz Boy-Żeleński and many well known and respected doctors. In chapters added especially for the Polish edition, Maciej Zaremba-Bielawski attempts to understand their motifs and searches for the reason why they never succeeded in persuading the Polish society.
    And even though these days there are no state programmes of ‘genetic perfection‘, eugenics has not become history. On the contrary, it tends to return in new forms, like in the United States where children are known to sue their parents and hospitals in which they were born for their inborn disfunctions.

Reading Zaremba’s book, it is impossible not to think that the Swedish racial hygiene programme might – in other political and historic circumstances, and with just a few tricks – easily turn into death industry.

(Peter Englund, Dagens Nyheter)

His series of straightforward articles in one of Sweden’s biggest dailies restored to the victims their rightful place in the public debate and stirred the collective consciousness in a country which used to turn a blind eye to the darker leafs of its history.

(The Washington Post)

Who these people were it is easy to say: they were outlaws. For them, what was good for the society was deemed unacceptable. For them, the welfare state was no benefactor. A very long time had passed before someone forced the state to ask for forgiveness and pay meager sums in compensation to the victims. But not until Zaremba’s book were the victims given back their dignity.

(Helsingborgs Dagblad)

In the last decade a few isolated articles attempted to rise the curtain of silence and break the taboo. But what was necessary to finally expose this story in all its brutality and force the authorities to respond was a serious investigation carried out by one of the most influential daily papers.

(Le Monde)

Maciej Zaremba is sensitive to the paternalism of the Swedish prosperous state. Now no attempt to defend or reform the system can possibly ignore the weight of violence and evil that he exposed.

(David Karlsson, Dagens Nyheter)
    Is Sweden a country of PC narcissistic superhumans who think what they do about other peoples, but just can't say it loudly?

I'm not sure, I'm not going to judge all Swedish people based on personality traits of one.

But modern Sweden might indeed be the society that George Orwell once predicted.

One might wonder - what else about the Swedish society remains still hidden behind the curtain of politically correct silence?

King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post

I think its 4 in the USA

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    That was strange when an Anti-Racist intellectual like him started to look down on all Slavs and Finns just because of what two users wrote.

But who am I to say that he who poses as an Anti-Racist Nordic Superman might be subconsciously biased, racist and narcissistic himself.

Swedes are such progressives that they can admit if they do something wrong. They don't need a Pole to tell them... wait, actually... :

http://polishrights.com/?page_id=1479

Is Sweden a country of PC narcissistic superhumans who think what they do about other peoples, but just can't say it loudly?

I'm not sure, I'm not going to judge all Swedish people based on personality traits of one.

But modern Sweden might indeed be the society that George Orwell once predicted.

One might wonder - what else about the Swedish society remains still hidden behind the curtain of politically correct silence?
    Tomenable, enough. Stick to the issues, not personalities. I won't have passive aggressive swipes at anyone's ethnicity.

Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
    be sure to enjoy democracy people ...... the government here is now tracking whatsapp and will sentence to jail anyone criticizing the the king , the royal family , or government in general for 5 years and and fine him 5 million saudi riyals .

its like we're sheep

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    I think its 4 in the USA
    ok, 4 lost years then, better than 6

this whole election campaign simply demonstrates the bankruptcy of the political caste

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    it seems the polls are changing into favouring Hillary again

everybody is afraid of Trump

we need big fundamental changes, away from traditional politics, but with a little more vision than Trumps
    Hillary is traditional status quo

I heard this many times even from some of my friends. I just can't get my head around how they figured that changes Trump will make are for better? Trump can destroy international agreements, NATO, and ruin the world's economy. These are changes after all.

You want positive changes then wait for someone else. Trump is not the One.

Wasn't Trump saved by the Bankers from bankruptcy, and carried for years on their allowance?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    be sure to enjoy democracy people ...... the government here is now tracking whatsapp and will sentence to jail anyone criticizing the the king , the royal family , or government in general for 5 years and and fine him 5 million saudi riyals .

its like we're sheep
    You have my sympathy. I used to live in a country which restricted free speech, and put people in prisons for criticising government. This goes against basic human rights.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

Trump is a much better choice than Clinton if you care about the lifes and well-being of Middle Eastern people.

Clinton would continue Obama's policy, which is paradoxical - Obama is fighting against terrorists in Iraq, but at the same time he is supporting terrorists in Syria. The U.S. is fighting ISIS in Iraq, but supporting de facto bastards of Al Qaeda in Syria.

Trump will cooperate with Putin in supporting Assad, and ending the slaughter and the suffering of these poor people.

The truth is that the majority of Syrians are pro-Assad. And - especially - all religious and ethnic minorities support Assad.

Refugees will finally be able to go back to their countries to rebuild their homelands and start new lifes there.

Of course there are powerful lobbies in this world who want the war in Syria to last as long as possible, and the number of refugees flooding Europe to be as high as possible. These are run by evil persons who just play with the ugliest emotions of people.

Syria was one of the most well-developed and secularized Arab countries before the war. It's sad what became of it.

But this Trump is a real danger for the USA.
    Clinton is a real danger to the whole world though.

She would make things in the Middle East and Ukraine even worse than they currently are.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Trump is a much better choice than Clinton if you care about the lifes and well-being of Middle Eastern people.

Clinton would continue Obama's policy, which is paradoxical - Obama is fighting against terrorists in Iraq, but at the same time he is supporting terrorists in Syria. The U.S. is fighting ISIS in Iraq, but supporting de facto bastards of Al Qaeda in Syria.
    You should come back to reality from your parallel universe.

Trump will cooperate with Putin in supporting Assad, and ending the slaughter and the suffering of these poor people.
    And who is doing the slaughter of people in Aleppo bombing indiscriminately schools, hospitals and Kurds.
    The truth is that the majority of Syrians are pro-Assad. And - especially - all religious and ethnic minorities support Assad.
    Since when ethnic minorities are majorities of Syrians. Again you managed contradicting yourself in one sentence.

Refugees will finally be able to go back to their countries to rebuild their homelands and start new lifes there.
    Should we ask you to go back and live under Russian Communist dictatorship.

Of course there are powerful lobbies in this world who want the war in Syria to last as long as possible, and the number of refugees flooding Europe to be as high as possible. These are evil people who just play with the ugliest emotions of people.
    Could you name the lobbies, even the one from your parallel universe.

Do you want Trump to be a president and disband NATO and then cooperate with Putin in new world order? I'm not sure if you know what it can mean for Poland and Lithuania.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

Ethnic group
    Polish

Since when ethnic minorities are majorities of Syrians.
    ~64% of Syrians are Sunni Arabs. The remaining ~36% are religious or/and ethnic minorities.

Vast majority of all minorities and about half of Sunni Arabs support Assad. So well over 50%.

Minorities include ~10% of the population who are Sunnis, but Non-Arab - Kurds and Turkmen.

Could you name the lobbies
    For example George Soros and his empire. All these "anti-racist" lobbies as well. They don't care that hundreds of thousands of people died in the Middle East. They just care when one stone is thrown towards a refugee camp in Germany. This is worse than ISIS.

There are also circles who see Syrians as nothing but a human resource and cheap labour force, supposed to work to support elderly Europeans. They are the first to shout "racist" when a working-class European is concerned that a Syrian will take his job.

Obviously these circles want Syrian refugees to stay in Europe permanently, for lifetime, and work as cheap labour.

They don't want these refugees to go back to their homeland. So they will do anything to ensure that the war continues.

Do you want Trump to be a president and disband NATO
    This is just your fearmongering. Nobody will disband NATO.

Should we ask you to go back and live under Russian Communist dictatorship.
    So now Putin is a "Communist"? Not a "right wing Fascist" anymore? Gosh, it changes all the time!

Level

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Of course there are powerful lobbies in this world who want the war in Syria to last as long as possible, and the number of refugees flooding Europe to be as high as possible. These are run by evil persons who just play with the ugliest emotions of people.

Syria was one of the most well-developed and secularized Arab countries before the war. It's sad what became of it.

Clinton is a real danger to the whole world though.

She would make things in the Middle East and Ukraine even worse than they currently are.
    I think you are wrong and i can illustrate this with many facts, but let me tell you only one. George Bush Junior and Colin Powell declared their vote for Clinton and not for Trump.

Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast