12 21.43%
  • Ted Cruz

3 5.36%
  • Marco Rubio

4 7.14%
  • Donald Trump

24 42.86%
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    My sarcastic remark didn't play well here. I was presenting side of electorate who shouldn't care about "hands" size of a president, but about size of his intellect. Obviously from point of view of a president who is a man, possibly a macho man, well even a gay man, it is a different story. :)
    Mine is sarcastic too ;)........as you say the whole thing is so childish, i believe nothing like we have seen before. I haven't decided if I should be sad or simply entertained :/

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Oh!, Now Trump mellows down, and endorsed by Ben Carlson, the saga continuous.........

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Most famous celebrities support Hillary

http://socawlege.com/the-biggest-cel...al-candidates/
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh

Trump is dominating our little poll here, I'm surprised. I always hear about how Europeans would only ever vote Democrat.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Trump is dominating our little poll here, I'm surprised. I always hear about how Europeans would only ever vote Democrat.
    Yes, I am surprised too. Not just that so many members voted Republicans, but that the majority chose Trump of all people ! If I had to vote Republican it would be Rubio or Kasich.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

I don't know of any statistics to back this up, but in my experience a lot of Europeans who come to America and get citizenship become Republicans.

Entrepreneurs, small business owners, are usually Republicans.

There are trends depending on "white ethnic group" as well. Traditionally, when the Irish came to the U.S. they were helped by the Democrat Party bosses in the large cities, while the "natives" were more Republican, unless it was the south.So, perhaps partly for that reason, the Irish skew Democrat although there are a lot of Irish Republicans as well. It's different for Italians. During the 30s, most of them were just starting up the ladder, so they were all Roosevelt supporters. As time has gone on they have increasingly moved right, so that nowadays they tend to skew Republican rather than Democrat. A number of New York suburbs are really bastions for Republicans, a lot of whom are Italian-Americans. I don't think it's a coincidence that two of the most conservative Supreme Court Justices were Italian-Americans: Scalia and Alito. On the other hand you have the Cuomo and Pelosi families who are Democrats

https://books.google.com/books?id=4O...ricans&f=false
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/160373/de...tly-white.aspx

Part of what is fueling Trump is the fact that blue collar workers, many of whom have traditionally been Democrats because of the support of Democrats for the unions, are increasingly restive in the Democrat party. They resent the taxes taken out of their pay for welfare benefits they feel disproportionately go to minorities, they're afraid that Hispanic immigrants are driving down wages, they're against free trade because they're losing jobs to third world countries. They're being lied to, in my opinion...most of those factory jobs are never coming back.

Democrats are racially diverse, while probably 90% of Republicans are white.

There are some other "trends" I've noticed over the years, like the fact that women are often more "liberal" and "Democrat" than men.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    They resent the taxes taken out of their pay for welfare benefits they feel disproportionately go to minorities, they're afraid that Hispanic immigrants are driving down wages, they're against free trade because they're losing jobs to third world countries.
    I wouldn't be surprised if most Mexicans vote for Trump. First of all they are religious and conservative/traditional. Second, if Trump blocked the border and stops illegal emigration from Mexico, this will secure jobs for legal Mexicans in US. Their farming jobs, service jobs and labour jobs are on line being taken away by cheaper illegal Mexicans.

They're being lied to, in my opinion...most of those factory jobs are never coming back.
    Some factories are already coming back but don't create many workplaces for typical factory line workers. Line automation and robotics are taking over these jobs in America, and actually also in China. These jobs are never coming back, period. Well, not in any substantial volume.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

I wouldn't be surprised if most Mexicans vote for Trump. First of all they are religious and conservative/traditional. Second, if Trump blocked the border and stops illegal emigration from Mexico, this will secure jobs for legal Mexicans in US. Their farming jobs, service jobs and labour jobs are on line being taken away by cheaper illegal Mexicans.
    That would be odd. Trump is Presbytarian, not Catholic, while all the other main Republican candidates (Rubio, Cruz, Kasich) are Catholic. Then Trump is probably the least religious of the four. And more importantly Trump says he will send back all Mexicans to Mexico (as unrealistic as that sounds). So I really don't see how that would entice Mexican voters to vote for him.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Violent, organized protests forced the cancellation of a Trump rally in Chicago last night.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politi...cago-protests/

It's sad on so many levels. Violent protests to shut down opposing views are totally abhorrent. On the other hand, Trump isn't blameless. No political candidate should be saying he wants to punch protestors or screaming at them to go get a job. He has created a toxic, uncontrolled environment.

We'll see whether this drives his numbers up or down.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    That would be odd. Trump is Presbytarian, not Catholic, while all the other main Republican candidates (Rubio, Cruz, Kasich) are Catholic. Then Trump is probably the least religious of the four. And more importantly Trump says he will send back all Mexicans to Mexico (as unrealistic as that sounds). So I really don't see how that would entice Mexican voters to vote for him.
    It would be mostly grounded in economic base, job security base. Being a christian is a bonus, and also creates a protection against Muslim invasion/immigration or atheist democrat Sanders.

Donald Trump won among Hispanic voters in Nevada, according to entrance polls released from Tuesday night's caucuses, fulfilling an oft-repeated campaign pledge.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The GOP presidential front-runner, who coasted to an easy victory in the Silver State, won 44 percent of the Hispanic vote, according to MSNBC's entrance polls, topping Marco Rubio's 29 percent and Ted Cruz's 18 percent.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...vada-hispanics
    Last edited by LeBrok; 12-03-16 at 18:28.

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

The way I see it, Donald Trump has said so many inappropriate things already, including inciting violence to punch people and get them out on a stretcher without making him any less popular. Apart that he is incredibly unstable in what he says. Also the media in General was not very kind to him either. ALL of this does not seem to have made any difference to his supporters and I don't think that this incident is going to make any either. If anything it will make them stauncher and reason something to the tune it serves them right bla bla bla. The way he bitches and boasts personally makes me sick, but his behavior and what he says sounds like sweet music to a good chunk of American society. Thats the reality. He is unstopable in the Republican race. I hope he will be stoppable in the General elections. If not my take is we are going to see a much more turbulent world then we have experienced recently. I wish that I am very wrong.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Violent, organized protests forced the cancellation of a Trump rally in Chicago last night.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politi...cago-protests/

It's sad on so many levels. Violent protests to shut down opposing views are totally abhorrent. On the other hand, Trump isn't blameless. No political candidate should be saying he wants to punch protestors or screaming at them to go get a job. He has created a toxic, uncontrolled environment.

Angela! You appear to be a respected voice in science but you are socially brainwashed.
    From a well rounded scientist like you more realistic approach to social phenomena is expected.! Its millions of people voting Trump across America, and assuming that, that mass of men and women many with PhD in science are stupid or ignorant, or angry, or disillusioned is trying to hide the reality. The reality is that american worker is under pressure to feed millions of Mexicans, blacks and asians and the back of American worker is broken. That's why they flood Trumps rallies! Trump has just scratched the wound its not him who opened those wounds!
    I was participating in Chikago rally and I saw myself the protesters! They were inner city people who are afraid of losing free food that they are getting from the government now, in return they have promised not to break the buses or windows glasses! How much more the american worker can take? Many try to blame Trump why did he not try to hide the truth, like the other candidates are doing! Is that what you want, hiding the truth or resolving the problems? If you want problems resolved do yourself a favor: Vote Trump!

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by DuPidh View Post
    Vote Trump!
    Which one? His friends say their are two Trumps. Supposedly there is one "cerebral", wise and thoughtful at home, only seen by the inner circle of friends and associates. Second one is the showman hypocrite on stage selling "the make believe savior president" to scared and disappointed Americans. I hope you vote for the right one, lol.

Do you think he will also "close the boarders" to robotics and automation, technology in general, which steals more American factory jobs than Mexicans and Chinese together?

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Many Americans ( republicans and democrats ) I know state that they will vote for trump because there was no change to the banking/financial laws after many many families lost their homes and jobs from 2008. They just want an overhaul of the American Oligarchy system.

The system is the same as the Russian system IMO without the Hispanics and Negroes.
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Which one? His friends say their are two Trumps. Supposedly there is one "cerebral", wise and thoughtful at home, only seen by the inner circle of friends and associates. Second one is the showman hypocrite on stage selling "the make believe savior president" to scared and disappointed Americans. I hope you vote for the right one, lol.

Do you think he will also "close the boarders" to robotics and automation, technology in general, which steals more American factory jobs than Mexicans and Chinese together?

He is not promising protectionism. Borders will be closed to Mexico. There are 6 million children of Mexican descent living on US workers shoulders!, The cost of every one of them could be as high as $ 100 000. Free food, free medical care, free education, well-fare for their parents! Only by closing the borders could be saved as much as $300 billion a year. Not to mention the quality of life will change if Mexicans are forced to leave!

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    Many Americans ( republicans and democrats ) I know state that they will vote for trump because there was no change to the banking/financial laws after many many families lost their homes and jobs from 2008. They just want an overhaul of the American Oligarchy system.

The system is the same as the Russian system IMO without the Hispanics and Negroes.
    "People hope that Millonaire Trump will change financial system for these people"

Really???

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuPidh View Post
    ...Many try to blame Trump why did he not try to hide the truth, like the other candidates are doing! Is that what you want, hiding the truth or resolving the problems? If you want problems resolved do yourself a favor: Vote Trump!

[/QUOTE]

Watch it again, you can begin 2.20sec

The 76% of words which comes from his mouth is lie.

Even there is no true and he has the higgest record of "pants on the fire"

So let's be careful, when we call someone as brainwashed

You can be sick of OBAMA policies, but a liar is not your medicine.

By the way, I don't know did you notice but top 5 liars are republician

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Can anyone spot the similarities between Trump and Hitler rhetoric? It was the Jews then...who is it now?

better here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSjSfFIQbM

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 54.0%

the popularity of Trump is not because he offers real solutions, it is because he breaches so many taboos

there are to many taboos correct politicians don't want to discuss

it is not the victory of Trump, it is the defeat of correct politicians

comparing Trump with Hitler means you don't want to discus these subjects with him because you know you'll loose if you don't breach these taboos

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    the popularity of Trump is not because he offers real solutions, it is because he breaches so many taboos

there are to many taboos correct politicians don't want to discuss

it is not the victory of Trump, it is the defeat of correct politicians

comparing Trump with Hitler means you don't want to discus these subjects with him because you know you'll loose if you don't breach these taboos
    This is the way of how the Erdogan win the first two elections.

Advisor Achievements:
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    This is the way of how the Erdogan win the first two elections.
    Erdogan is a few stages further than Trump.

Erdogan owns half of the press has the power to shut down the other half.
    He rules by writing his own decrees.
    He has special forces like the 'Lions of Allah' and uses terror to his own people.
    He tells the Turks that want to hear it that they are a superior nation and that Ottoman Empire should be restored.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

Erdogan is a few stages further than Trump.
    Not during his first two elections. West was idolizing him as saver of Turkey from millitary coups.

He tells the Turks that want to hear it that they are a superior nation and that Ottoman Empire should be restored.
    Oh yes Trump is more different.

"I won't accept Muslim to America
    I will build wall to Mexico-USA border."

Let's check Trumps camping

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...campaign,_2016

I am not stupid my friend

King Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Thats another great similarity between Trump and Hitler. He became popular for exactly the same reason and his followers went euphoric and loved the guy that spoke his mind.....any more similarities observed?

Advisor Achievements:
    Level

Not during his first two elections. West was idolizing him as saver of Turkey from millitary coups.
    yes the west is stupid and naive to think their democratic system can work in other parts of the world

Advisor Achievements:
    Level

Oh yes Trump is more different.

"I won't accept Muslim to America
    I will build wall to Mexico-USA border."

Let's check Trumps camping

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...campaign,_2016

I am not stupid my friend
    Trump says there is a lot of hatred of Muslims against America.

That is the truth.
    There are 1.6 billion Muslims.
    I just don't know whether 10 million, 100 million or 1 billion Muslims hate America.

Yet everybody reacts in a cramp when Trump says such things.

I am confident that the majority of the American Muslims don't hate America.
    But their only reaction they can think of is to be angry at Trump.
    They should admit that Trump is correct, there are many Muslims that hate America.
    They should distantiate themselves and condemn that kind of Muslims.
    But it is a taboo for them to condemn other Muslims.
    This taboo allows Trump to create hatred against them.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast