• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html?_r=0
Politics

F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired by Trump

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and MATT APUZZOMAY 9, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday fired the director of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, abruptly terminating the top official leading a criminal investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government to steer the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
Yep, still something big might be coming out of it.

Yep, still something big might be coming out of it.
Trump fired Comey for "not doing a good job"...I guess "doing a good job" means supporting his policies, no matter how flawed, and allowing him to get his way. It's likely that in his magical fantasy land, the president is the CEO of America and those who question his ideas or fail to execute them shall be terminated and replaced with those who are able to cooperate.

And think this through...Trump had it in mind to fire Comey ever since taking office......obviously he was unaware of his competency when he first took office. There may have been some other motive behind this (*cough* he suspects Russian involvement *cough*).

Trump shouldn't have fired him, if trump claims there isn't any collusion with Russia then he should have let the man continue his investigation and prove him clean, whatever the reason, this was stupid.

Trump shouldn't have fired him, if trump claims there isn't any collusion with Russia then he should have let the man continue his investigation and prove him clean, whatever the reason, this was stupid.
Seems like it, but it is hard to say definitely about Trump's collusion with Russia, because he makes stupid moves all the time.

Seems like it, but it is hard to say definitely about Trump's collusion with Russia, because he makes stupid moves all the time.

I do not know what to say about this, hopefully the FBI can uncover the facts soon, although has anyone wondered why Trump was indifferent about Flynn communicating with a Russian billionaire? . The name Trump has become somewhat of a bad word.

What's frightening is that he may eventually fire anyone who opposes his policies. What could happen, is that eventually we would be left with a government largely made up of people who would bend over backwards for the president and agree to his policies, no matter how harmful they may be to American citizens, all for the sake of keeping their cozy positions.

To me, Trump is behaving like a King. He has an extreme lust for power and total control, an essential characteristic of a monarch.

What's frightening is that he may eventually fire anyone who opposes his policies. What could happen, is that eventually we would be left with a government largely made up of people who would bend over backwards for the president and agree to his policies, no matter how harmful they may be to American citizens, all for the sake of keeping their cozy positions.

To me, Trump is behaving like a King. He has an extreme lust for power and total control, an essential characteristic of a monarch.

Now that the chief was fired, i am curious if FBI will continue with the investigation of the e-mails of Clinton.

FBI has been investigating for 13 months .............are they just playing around , how long can you investigate , 2, 3 or 5 years or more..............either they have something or they do not............and start charging people once something is found and not coverup because it could cause an issue

What's most frightening now is Trump provoking Krazy Kim and Mattis threatening war against North Korea. I doubt Krazy Kim would be against launching a big bad nuke if we wage war (which would kill thousands...even if we do "win"). And for what I can predict, innocent North Korean lives may be lost in the skirmish...all because our president can't keep himself under control.

Yes North Korea is Trumps fault.

They can threaten to Nuke American soil, Japan and work with Iran on constructing a nuclear weapon in violation with the Iranian agreement with Israel but of course it all stems from Trumps provocation. Let's ignore the fact NK is subsidized by the Chinese government so they can be used as a loose cannon chess piece against the west. The issue here once again and quite conveniantly, is clearly all Trumps.

They can threaten to Nuke American soil, Japan and work with Iran on constructing a nuclear weapon in violation with the Iranian agreement with Israel but of course it all stems from Trumps provocation. Let's ignore the fact NK is subsidized by the Chinese government so they can be used as a loose cannon chess piece against the west. The issue here once again and quite conveniantly, is clearly all Trumps.

Ok, whether it's Trump's fault, or anyone else's fault, it doesn't matter to me. What scares me the most is Krazy Kim threatening American lives because I believe even the crappiest nuclear bomb can kill thousands if not millions of innocent people. The bottom line is Kim is the biggest threat. He has easier access to his own red button than Trump, or any other world leader has. The best thing Kim can do for us and the rest of the world is point a magnum to his head and pull the trigger.

I personally don't like been blackmailed by Rogue Regimes. President Trump has inherited the situation.
I really like been Alive.
lol

HRbsxOV.png

A new poll run for BuzzFeed News, which delves into white voters’ self-reported ancestry, reveals surprising diversity in their political outlook. White voters who identify most strongly with their German or Italian heritage strongly support Trump, whereas those who self-identify as Irish, English, or Scottish are more evenly split between Trump and Hillary Clinton.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/trump-and-the-white-vote?utm_term=.qkKKDJ2Gd#.xe9n0j4y1

I'm not keen on buzzfeed, but I thought this was an interesting article nonetheless. It shows which white Americans supported Trump or Hillary.

The top 3 in order were Germans, Americans (Mostly Scots-Irish), and Italians.

You should tell it to Trump, or vote for someone smarter next time. He is concentrated on rattling saber at NK, instead of negotiating NK deal with China and only with China. Talking to Kim or even reacting to Kim is a waste of time.
Kim behaves as a "normal" dictator. He needs to become a savior of NK in eyes of all NK citizens and be loved. For this he needs external enemy, either real or made believe. Actually, Putin is playing exactly the same game. In both cases US is the perfect enemy, with different values in politics, justice, social life, economy, etc.
They both want to be "presidents" forever in their countries and they don't give shit about the rest of the word. Except, for benefit of dictators, the world should appear a scary monster to their minions.

Also for that reason, there will be no war. Kim knows he can't win, and in case of aggression NK would be destroyed in hours, and he wouldn't be in power anymore. He just needed, the last piece in his game, the nuclear weapons on ballistic rocket. This will keep potential aggressor away. He made the price too high to pay for attacking NK. Now, if Kim balances his political game right, he will be the dictator of NK to his death. This is all he wants. Period. This is his end game, a dictator forever.

If flying ballistic missiles is unnerving for South Korea, Japan and Us, they should try to shoot them down. Supposedly, the anti ballistic missile system is deployed and good enough for it. This definitely made Kim to think twice before launching next one. Otherwise ignore it completely and he will stop. So far his launches have dramatic effect on world's psyche so he keeps doing it. He plays his cards well. Well, maybe he overdid this with so many frequent launches, but I think it is due to his character of action junkie. He loves his rockets, his new toys.

Again, it is just his political game, and there will be no war. He can be ignored completely forever. Unless, one feels compassion for enslaved N Koreans and dreams about toppling the regime.

I'm not keen on buzzfeed, but I thought this was an interesting article nonetheless. It shows which white Americans supported Trump or Hillary.

The top 3 in order were Germans, Americans (Mostly Scots-Irish), and Italians.

I think part of this is traditional party affiliation, don't you, at least for Italian-Americans?

I don't know why they divided up Americans/English, as most "Americans" have a lot of English ancestry as well as Scots/Irish and Scottish.

Just as an aside, I can't stand Buzz Feed, although I watched a few of the Try Guys video before Eugene totally turned me off.

I think part of this is traditional party affiliation, don't you, at least for Italian-Americans?

I don't know why they divided up Americans/English, as most "Americans" have a lot of English ancestry as well as Scots/Irish and Scottish.

Just as an aside, I can't stand Buzz Feed, although I watched a few of the Try Guys video before Eugene totally turned me off.

In the primaries, Trump dominated in the Northeast, Appalachia and the South, performing particularly well among a demographic once called “Reagan Democrats.” In the Northeast, many of these voters were Italian Americans.

Trump did particularly well with the "Reagan Democrats" too. Many of which are Italian-American, in addition to the traditionally Republican Italian-Americans. Which is probably why there was a lot of enthusiasm for that particular ethnic group.

Richmond County is probably the best example, since it has the highest percent of Italian-Americans in the country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island#National_politics

In the 2016 election, Donald Trump won 57% of the island's votes to 40% for Hillary Clinton, with Clinton out-polling Trump in the city as a whole by a margin of 79% to 19%.[93]

This was more influential for Trump in the primary, since most of those states went to Hillary in the general election.

I agree with you about buzzfeed, it's unbearable.

You should tell it to Trump, or vote for someone smarter next time. He is concentrated on rattling saber at NK, instead of negotiating NK deal with China and only with China. Talking to Kim or even reacting to Kim is a waste of time.
Kim behaves as a "normal" dictator. He needs to become a savior of NK in eyes of all NK citizens and be loved. For this he needs external enemy, either real or made believe. Actually, Putin is playing exactly the same game. In both cases US is the perfect enemy, with different values in politics, justice, social life, economy, etc.
They both want to be "presidents" forever in their countries and they don't give shit about the rest of the word. Except, for benefit of dictators, the world should appear a scary monster to their minions.

Also for that reason, there will be no war. Kim knows he can't win, and in case of aggression NK would be destroyed in hours, and he wouldn't be in power anymore. He just needed, the last piece in his game, the nuclear weapons on ballistic rocket. This will keep potential aggressor away. He made the price too high to pay for attacking NK. Now, if Kim balances his political game right, he will be the dictator of NK to his death. This is all he wants. Period. This is his end game, a dictator forever.

If flying ballistic missiles is unnerving for South Korea, Japan and Us, they should try to shoot them down. Supposedly, the anti ballistic missile system is deployed and good enough for it. This definitely made Kim to think twice before launching next one. Otherwise ignore it completely and he will stop. So far his launches have dramatic effect on world's psyche so he keeps doing it. He plays his cards well. Well, maybe he overdid this with so many frequent launches, but I think it is due to his character of action junkie. He loves his rockets, his new toys.

Again, it is just his political game, and there will be no war. He can be ignored completely forever. Unless, one feels compassion for enslaved N Koreans and dreams about toppling the regime.

You’re right, we should’ve voted for someone "smarter." Like the Wise Sage of the Choom Gang, Barack Obama. His (non-existent) deals with China on North Korea worked so well the Koreans only created a Hydrogen bomb right under our noses five times more powerful than the ones used in Japan and not ten times more powerful, great. We can only hope Trump makes another fantastic deal like Obama did with Iran that they completely ignore, really miss that smart leadership. There is no reason for petty jabs LeBrock, there is plenty enough of it in the WaPost and the Economist for that.

But I do not buy into your psycho analysis of dictators or Kim Jon Un, it’s beyond the scope of anyone here. First he doesn’t need to create an external enemy by butting heads with Trump. They already have South Korea(The US is already a huge enemy of theirs of course) and he controls the media so tightly in his country that he could make up whatever external threat he needed out of thin air without any real world involvement, I mean they believe unicorns existed there. Second, who important in North Korea is left to bring over to his side anyway? He killed all of the countries major military leaders after his fathers death and he went as far as killing his own uncle. Un isn’t the same pleasure seeking mad man as his father either. Kim Jon Il had multiple wives and a large haram. Meanwhile Un has a single wife that he always appears with publicly and he does not attend his fathers harams. He’s not a simple thrill seeker looking for power and he has a made conscious effort to imitate the more prosperous reign of his grandfather(I believe there was a point where NK was growing fast than SK under his rule) and his grandfathers image as a man of the people. Un is educating more North Koreans outside the country and introducing pro business aspects into North Korea which actually challenges the absolute power given to a dictator by a controlled economy. He's been shown interacting with citizens on an individual basis, even on his knees, something his father never would have allowed. These arent the stereotypical moves of a self obsessed man, he has a vision for his nation beyond that of self aggrandizement. At the least these factors make it is clear that he has more elaborate goals than simply holding onto power and enjoying the ride.

It sounds like Neville Chamberlain commenting about Hitler in the early thirties when you try to brush the North Korean threat off. Are you not worried that the North Korean scientists are working with Iranian’s on creating nuclear weapons? Do you understand what this implies? It implies that they can work with our other enemies as well. They don’t have to launch an ICBM into Japan over our anti ballistic missile systems. They can simply sell a nuclear weapon or material to al-queda or even ISIS and have them plant it in a major city without anyone ever accurately knowing who the source of the weapon was. There is too much of an unknown factor to disregard Kim Jon Un as a simpleton grasping at straws for power in his own country and North Korea as a barking dog without teeth. We should consider a rouge nation with nuclear weapons a very serious threat. Certainly not one to be ignored so they can proliferate with our enemies like previous “smart” administrations have allowed.

Trump did particularly well with the "Reagan Democrats" too. Many of which are Italian-American, in addition to the traditionally Republican Italian-Americans. Which is probably why there was a lot of enthusiasm for that particular ethnic group.

Richmond County is probably the best example, since it has the highest percent of Italian-Americans in the country:

This was more influential for Trump in the primary, since most of those states went to Hillary in the general election.

I agree with you about buzzfeed, it's unbearable.
Y

Yes, Staten Island is definitely a good place to look for trends among Italian Americans. I lived there for a few months when I first started working in the city. The agent probably recommended it based on my last name. :) The commute was unbearable though. We moved to Stuyvesant town in Manhattan, which I loved. I'd happily live there tomorrow.

I think North Easterners as a whole, and there are a lot of Italian Americans in the North East, considered Trump a known quantity, and admired him to a certain extent. I don't think even they were totally prepared, however.

Trump lost to H. Clinton in the Tri-State and New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 701258 times.

Back